There's another site content copier on the loose: http://www.yourfavoritestores.com/. He/she/it has copied practically the entire contents of the text from someone else's homepage and has obviously made a list of all their merchants and signed on with the same ones. This smartass also had the genius to copy some e-mail links and didn't think to change the e-mail address in the 'from' box, so apart from advertising his evil deed to the whole world he's also sending his visitors to the webmaster of the site he copied from!!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Amazing the guy in Texas also kept the ITB seal of approval assigned to the account by the original content owner.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    These people deserve to be dropped completely from the search engines. Their sites should be automatically gray barred and their domains barred from future listings.

Oh my goodness, don't pair them with CLEVER!!!! Not clever, just an idiot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ABW Ambassador
    How about the merchants he's affilliated with dumping his sorry ass? Preferably after letting the commissions build up a bit?

Overstock, Amazon, Ebay, Bass Pro, & countless others. Looks like Sports Fanfare is there too but the search box doesn't work.

Wayne

The site map looks pretty familiar too. I'm sure I've seen the exact same one on another site! He/She sure is an idiot. If I was inclined to copy from somebody else, I would make sure that the links did not point to the originating site - what a Wally!! By the way, with all of us checking out the site, he probably thinks it's getting very popular

I have some one copy my reviews and when I ask him to remove it, he say

Since we both are reviewing the same merchant, there are definitely a lot of similarities.

My God! The text is exactly the same! He keep everything but change only 1 thing, the affiliate tracking URL to his own. @#$$%#$^#$%^

not only is this person an idiot... "it" is also lazy... does this "@#!%%" really expect to make money with this site???

just be glad "it" didnt steal a really good site
    that was a money maker...

There is only one way to deal with this thief....

"Getto Justice"

JOe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

I think the merchants should drop them and send the commissions to the person who got copied.

Hey guys! Go and check out his website now. He has a personal message for all of us here at ABW

what a scumbag... should be shot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is why we call it test. What is the matter with you people! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no JM, it's called theft...

ABW Ambassador
    The site is down now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There! You said your piece, I said mine!

Goodbye!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

w/ an Under Construction sign...

Die Parasites Die!!

For those of you who missed his message before the site went down, here is what he had to say!!

Quote:

You are all silly rabbits!

this is a test site! I was trying different things to see if this was a viable way to make money.

I have not promoted this site except to paid to surf links. Yes, somebody said I needed more words and less banners so I was experimenting to see If words had any appeal to me or my friends, So yes, I copied some text from some obscure website to see if it had this got to have words appeal.

He/she/it emailed me and asked me to remove it! I apologized and removed the text immediately!. Sure it had an e-mail link in it. I didn't care as no one was viewing this page any way. Boy, I tell you, you can pay to click, buy traffic and the like and nothing happens. Let someone discover a supposed breach and boy now I got the traffic! Sharks in the water, smellin blood.

Thanks Marcia, I can see that you really are a newbie! Feel free to post your web site so we can see what a pro web site builder you are. Guess you are not even aware that the internet has caller ID.

You just thought you were the savior of the world because I copied a paragraph from a website. As you can see, I am not the least bit worried about taking my site down and leaving a message just for you. Have you even looked at the site I supposedly copied in its entirety? as my2cents said, "Be glad "it" didn't steal a really good site that was a money maker..." Hey!! You mean like 247malls?

What I don't understand is how you can think that copying any or all of a web site from someone else and changing affiliate links, PHP, CGI, HTML, Java Scripts, Shopping carts, Direct feeds, site meters, email links, menu links, descriptions, key words, jpg's, gif's, formats, swf files, bookmarks, email a friend, feedback, newsletters, polls, surveys and the general look and feel of a site is easier that setting up one template of your own and pasting over two thousand links from CJ, Befree, Performics, Linkshare, ClixGalore and Shareasale! You apparently have never set up a web site yourself! I have set up many, and I prefer to do the latter and that is what I spent weeks doing.

Be assured, if and when I publish, promote and submit to the engines, I will try to have everything as it should be.

As to whether I gain traffic and make sales, that's why it is called a test.

Oh yea, hey grumpy, could be you have seen something similar as my site is set up just like Commission Junction so I could put all of my links in the same place as they list them, You a smart guy.

Oh well ya'all have a nice day!

Unquote:

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    well, the front page is down, leastways.....

http://www.yourfavoritestores.com/Kids.html

........rest is still up.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

ABW Ambassador
    What a loser!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Be assured, if and when I publish, promote and submit to the engines, I will try to have everything as it should be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    72 pages cached in Google .... Page Rank showing on some ... that isnt how I would test.
    Thats not counting the backlinks on Google, MSN etc.
    Interesting approach

Must Build More in 2004
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

ABW Ambassador
    They didn't say what they were testing...

I think they were testing to see if they would get caught.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The wank is still unwilling to give up any commissions that might come from the interior pages. Just report him to his hosting company

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread