I have a question about set up adsense account on a simple domain name.I'm a newbie,so i can not create new tread yet,so i ask here.
    I have a domain name,but i didn't registered it at internet resellers,it is a local domain, and it has godaddy hosting,so i tried domain set up for adsense, and choosed dns made easy service,because google set up recommend them.. but when i try to set up A CNAME record it gives me this message:

This record name is a duplicate. A CNAME record must have a unique name in the zone. There is another record with the same name in this zone / domain already. Please make a change to the name of the record.
    Record Management - Domain Name: affiliate.az

Please help me!!!

Setting up an AdSense account does not normally include any changes to your domain. It sounds like you made a wrong turn somewhere. Your domain's dns servers and CNAME are managed at the host. I would try to cancel whatever you're changing and go back to look at AdSense, start over and read carefully.

PS Even a Newbie can start a new thread.

http and a telephoto
    I split your post to it's own thread.

What you are asking about is the Adsense for parked domains. I don't know the answer, but there was another thread about people having and resolving the issues.

You will need to contact GoDaddy for information on how to change your CName record for a domain registered there.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Well,thank you very much friends for your help,finally my account is activated and my adsense based website is running.I started to watch adsense reports for domains and have this picture:
    AdSense for Domains
    Total page impressions -22
    Landing page impressions-20
    Results page impressions-2
    Page eCPM-$33.42
    Earnings-$0.74

For 20 clicks i earned only 0,74 $? Why is that for?

Your click amount depends on varies factors like user location, your niche etc. BTW, it is against Adsense TOS to share your statistics !

Once again, a website owner gets the cold, hard truth about Adsense -- it ain't easy to make money with it.

Sure, there are the "big guys" -- including one or two people here, I suspect -- who make serious money with Adsense.

But I think most of us learn in a hurry that making money with Adsense is a combination of a lot of hard work on site content + some Google magic + a lot of pure luck.

Don't let Joel Comm fool you -- it ain't an easy thing or a sure thing to make good money with Adsense. Not any more.
    Generate more fake news.

Tried it.. it was rubbish. It could not match keywords to the sites at all, so I ended up using Sedo..which is marginally less rubbish.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Yes, SEDO is a good option also one can go for GoDaddy domain parking which has worked well for few.

Quote Originally Posted by intelinside
    Yes, SEDO is a good option also one can go for GoDaddy domain parking which has worked well for few.
    Doesn't GoDaddy charge you for the priviledge of them making money from your parked domains(s) so they can share a little bit with you? (Not real sure about today, but I know they did charge a while back.)

SEDO works fairly well for some of my "waiting to be developed" domains - pays the renewal fee for nearly all of them (even the ones that don't produce well).

Adsense works well if applied to the right pages of the right sites. The ol' MFA sites no longer produce and the Big G is getting antsy about them - no longer within the scope of their TOS (if they ever really were). The MFA route produces poor results for advertisers and readers alike, but it sure helped G gain momentum about four years ago.

Properly done, AdSense is (can be) a great additional source of revenue. I don't make a killing with it, but the revenue did buy me a nice toy last year.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

What you are asking about is the Adsense for parked domains.
    If I was king of the world (good thing I'm not) I would do away with buying massive amounts of name for speculation and then parking them with Adsense. It gets old trying to find a good name that's not bought and for sale. Domain names should be for building sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Doesn't GoDaddy charge you for the priviledge of them making money from your parked domains(s) so they can share a little bit with you? (Not real sure about today, but I know they did charge a while back.)
    Yes, they do charge for initial setup. Actually, they offer two plans as listed HERE but I have heard that they pay good.

But, one should use all the available options because sometimes things don't go well with one but some do well with the other.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread