mswmm file? Help pretty, pretty please :)
    Dummy question but does anybody know what an mswmm file is and how to view it?

My little nephew just sent me an email but I can't view it I mean I can see the email but it's evidently got some kinda little movie of a panda bear in it. He's all excited for me to see it (cos it's a bear, actually is his first email to me that hasn't been sent by his Mom, too )

I've tried downloading it at aol and on mozilla, opened with all kinds of windows thingies, real player, firefox and every other option that pops up for me to use as an alternative but nothing's opening it. sniff, sniff. Don't want to disappoint him by not bein able to see it and I'm not a very good liar.

Any advice??

It's a Microsoft Windows Movie Maker file, go to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...viemaker2.mspx
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thank you Haiko I went to that link you gave me but that's evidently what I already have on my computer (windows movie maker 2.1) I double checked to be sure and that's the version I do have on my computer.

I get a message saying that blah, blah file was created by a version of Windows Movie Maker that is not supported.

Any other suggestions? Is it possible he may have made a boo boo makin it? Definitely don't even wanna suggest that to him unless I absolutely have to.

No idea, I'm not familiar with the program actually.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Dummy question but does anybody know what an mswmm file is and how to view it?
    I have no idea, but I just did a quick search on Google for mswmm file, and I got a few results, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aq=3&oq=mswmm

even some Youtube videos on how to do it: Convert Your MSWMM File To WMV (Usable For Youtube) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ixS_XVgik

As far as I know, it's a sort of project file rather than a media file. A WMM project file contains *links* to the original media (clips, images, soundtrack etc).

But you can save to WMV from Movie Maker and upload to YouTube which is nice and easy. Those tend to be BIG files though.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Thank you both for tryin to help me. Reaaaaaaaally appreciate it very much

Yeap, I had made a search too and tried doin what the suggestions were but still keep gettin an error every time I try to do somethin with it. Tried saving it the way they said and get a message sayin I can't save it that way, too.

Got the brilliant or guess not so brilliant idea lol thought maybe somebody else may have put it on youtube so just finished goin thru every single last one of the videos for it. Ummmmm there are some very, very sick people out there doin some very strange things to teddy bears that they shouldn't be doin. lol

Thank all of you very, very much for tryin to help. Will still try to search some more and if not just get him to show me on his computer when I go over there. I'll tell him there was somethin wrong with my computer that wouldn't let me watch it so that way he'll think it was somethin with me.

Windows Movie Maker isn't half bad. If you want to put together a slide show or something simple to upload to YouTube then it's worth checking out.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

From what I've seen it does give ya a lotta options. Haven't actually seen any of the movies lol but it does look nice. I never had anything like that on my old computer. When or if I ever get to see anything, will let ya know my opinion.

Well, there are quite a few options but it is also nice and simple to use. Assuming that you have some way of recording a voice track, then you can easily add photos and short clips to a move and add a dialogue.

If you have a newsletter on your site already, it might well be worth doing a YouTube version in Windows Movie Maker.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread