"Anna Riverfield" Affiliate Scam on Craigslist
    I just came across this affiliate using Craigslist to fish for credit report leads. They were posting fake listings and upon inquiry would send a letter requesting a credit report for consideration. This link then redirected to a random credit report site through a random affiliate network thus earning them a commission. I just want to put this out there so the networks are aware of how their affiliates are earning commissions and what they need to watch out for. It's really sad to see this sort of thing going on and I really wish affiliate networks would monitor their affiliates better.

I managed to find each of their affiliate links and reported them to each network they participate in.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I noticed last night the blackhat spammers are also at work on twitter. Got about 20 'new followers', when I check the profile it's always a picture of a scantily clad hot girl with posts about picking a movie for a netflix movie night or voting for my favorite basketball player.

If the only way you can drive sales is to try to trick people, is it really (affiliate) marketing?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I just came across another one of these scammers. Same deal, just with a slightly different letter and PDF file. This time they were only using one affiliate network where I promptly reported their abuse.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Hi Scott,

There are companies in third world nations that do nothing but this kind of stuff and more on CL. It got to the point where CL now requires a phone number verification process to list ads in some areas/topics. So of course people started selling verified CL accounts. The job listings section in my part of the world was destroyed by this sort of spam and now it is hard to find part time jobs using it (but it is still better than the newspaper classifieds). I reported many before realizing how pervasive it was.

Don't waste your time on this. It's huge and the people/networks don't care. Plus, you never know if one of these nutjobs will start harassing you. Ask Trust, he had a bad guy after him for reporting him a couple of years ago.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread