Hi all!

Did not mean to disappear for a while, but I’ve just been busy. I know that people are interested in the Audible (www.audible.com) program relaunch, so I thought I’d give you a sneak peak. We’re launching next week and, yes we will have a forum on ABW. Hooray! Thanks Haiko for all the help!

As a note, the Audible program ran on almost auto pilot for a long time and I was brought into ramp up the program about 6 weeks ago. That is why our EPC is low. I’ve been working on raising it, but it takes time.

From your perspective, our EPC is low because we don’t have any really strong affiliates, so there is not a lot competition. And, unlike other consumer products in the affiliate marketing (flowers, clothes, electronics), we don’t have any real competition in the market place.

So you know, Audible is committed from the CEO down to creating an amazing and attractive affiliate program. That’s why I’ve gotten the support to build out this program. Please let me know if I missed anything!!!!! I can see what I can do to push it through.

I hope everyone considers our program. I worked very hard to make it attractive and profitable!

Here the details

(1) Increased Commission Structure
    (2) The details you care about
    (3) A few more perks
    (4) Detailed info on our data feed program – OK, it’s a little long, but I know you like data feeds and we made a bunch.

(Just note, our data feeds and new offers are not up yet. I’ll post when everything is done!)

(1) INCREASED COMMISSION STRUCTURE!

We have three types of sales:

A La Carte: When a customer buys Audible audio a la carte, they are paying for each audio program as they buy it. They can buy as few or as many audio programs as they want, any time they want, at savings of up to 30% off retail audio prices.

Commission: 12% to 17% of sale, plus a .50 new customer bounty

Uncommitted AudibleListener: As a member of the AudibleListener program, customers can choose two audio programs each month for one low price. There is no commitment and customers can save up to 80% off retail audio prices.

Commission: $11 to $15 each (This is basically a 10% commission)

Committed AudibleListener®
    Customers who join AudibleListener are offered a special incentive to commit for 12 months, such as a free Otis® MP3 player or $50 off an iPod, Palm, Pocket PC etc. They get two audio programs each month for one low price and can save up to 80% off retail audio prices.

Commission: $16 to $20 each (This is basically a 10% commission)

(2) PROMOTIONS (these will be up in CJ in the next few days, but I don’t have the banners yet from creative. I will put them up as text links too)

-- First book for $9.95
    -- 20% off first book
    -- 50% off the first month of service
    -- Sign-up for Audible and get $50 of an iPod, PDA, Pocket PC, etc (Sorry no commission on the device product sale, I pay that $50 out of my budget btw)

(3) THE OTHER DETAILS YOU CARE ABOUT

-- All sales during cookie length receive a commission!
    -- 60 day cookie length
    -- A parasite-free program that helps insure you are credited for all your sales
    -- No phone orders (we are hiding all phone order offers from affiliate users)

(4) A COUPLE MORE PERKS

-- We’re launching our ABW Forum next week and will have affiliate contest – top three affiliates who sell the most AudibleListener Memberships – either committed or non committed) earn $250, $150, $100 respectively. Remember we have coupons to help you sell these!
    -- A how to sell Audible sales guide with lots of help on merchandising our product lines
    -- Key word kits
    -- Strong support

(4) DATA FEEDS

We’ll have 4 data feeds to help you will merchandising and 5 more on the way soon:

(1) Full database
    (2) Top 200 best sellers for the past week
    (3) Top best sellers by category
    (4) Our bargin bin – all books under $10

The one’s that are coming in the next month are

(1) New and noteworthy
    (2) Best sellers for women
    (3) Best Sellers for men
    (4) Kids books (for those mom sites )
    (5) Books read by stars such as Julia Roberts.

In the mean time, I have weekly lists of the products on the 4 data feeds that are coming. So, you can pull the data from the current feeds. I will push hard to get these feeds up ASAP.

These data feeds are outside of CJ, so they are free. We have only one in CJ.

I can also pull any other merchandising lists you need, just let me know.

Our data feed fields are:

 Last Updated
     Name
     Category
     Keywords
     Short description
     Long description
     SKU
     ISBN
     Currency
     Our Price
     Retail Price
     Buy URL
     Impression URL
     Thumb Nail URL
     Large Image URL
     Average Customer Rating
     Author
     Audio Length
     Sample Listen URL
     Title
     Publisher
     Format
     Promotional text

Thanks for reading these, let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Beth

[This message was edited by Beth Kirsch on January 16, 2004 at 11:48 AM.]

Beth,
    This sounds like a great program! I have just become an audible user - now that I have a CD player in my brand new Honda Pilot...lots of books now to listen to.

I will definately be involved in your program - can't wait to get the feed and keyword kits.

Thanks!

Bsnrjones

Goal: $10,000/month by 12/04

Hey Burke,

Does this program have "webmerge" written on it or what ;-)

Could be intresting yes ....

Cheers,

Brian Johnson (Chef Brian)
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs

sounds like a great program. does audible accept international (europe) orders?

My goals for 2004

Beth,

I was just going to post for a status on the happening at audible. Good to hear the ABW forum is about set to go.

1) WOOHOO! When will this show upon CJ under my pending offers?
    2) If these expire, can you put the expiration dates with them?
    3)
    4) BRING ON THOSE DATAFEEDS! I really like all the categories for the feed. That should make it alot easier to set up a nice looking template for Webmerge

-----------------------------
    Scott

"Can't we all just get along? Only when we've been drinking."

Thanks everyone for the interest and great feedback!!!!

Bsnrjones -- it's a great product isn't it? Not to pitch my product, but I love it so much. Have you tried listening to it on a MP3 player in your car? You can use a cassette adapter, an aux jack, or a bunch of different solutions. MP3 players hold hours and hours of Audible, not to mention music.

Brian-www.my-affiliate-programs.com -- that was the point to make the program template friendly. We know what sells, and affiliates need that info from us, so that is what we are trying to do. I suspect other programs will follow suite.

hungirl -- there is a field in the data feed that notes books we have international rights to and those we just have US/North American rights too. So that should help you out. Once a user regesiters and are an international customer, they only see books available to them.

TravelDepot -- I've just been working hard to get the program off there ground. But, rest assured. The pieces are in place and company is bought in and we're on track for a launch next week. You can always email me or send a private message. Glad you’re aboard!

Thanks again everyone for the great replies.

Happy Friday!

Cheers,

Beth

Alrighty!

I just accepted the relaunch terms (mucho better BTW.)

Now bring on that datafeed and the forum!

Editted to include:
    WOOHOO this was post 200 for me!
    Check out my full member!!

Scott

Have a nice day unless you have other plans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nature Boy:
    Alrighty!

I just accepted the relaunch terms (mucho better BTW.)

Now bring on that datafeed and the forum!

_Editted to include:_
    WOOHOO this was post 200 for me!
    Check out my full member!!

Scott

Have a nice day unless you have other plans<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you're excited!

OK, the Data Feeds are up. To get them, check out the directions and our new affilaite support site www.audible.com/affilaites

Btw, not all the coupons are up in CJ yet, I'm waiting on some delieverables. So, wait until Monday night to get them.

The forum is going up on Tuesday!

Cheers,

Beth

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Beth,

Typo in your link. This link works:
    http://www.audible.com/affiliates

Will email you for datafeed access.
    Wayne

Looks like a great product and program....
    Just applied

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beth Kirsch:
    Glad you're excited!

OK, the Data Feeds are up. To get them, check out the directions and our new affilaite support site http://www.audible.com/affiliates

Btw, not all the coupons are up in CJ yet, I'm waiting on some delieverables. So, wait until Monday night to get them.

The forum is going up on Tuesday!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Cool beans! Email on it's way for the feed

Scott

Have a nice day unless you have other plans

Beth,

How do we get the data feed? Do we need to email you? At present I receive a full feed from CJ, will it automatically be there?

SandraR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Beth,

How do we get the data feed? Do we need to email you? At present I receive a full feed from CJ, will it automatically be there?

http://www.ssan.comhttp://www.artgoo...oon_avatar.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Sandra!

We built our feeds outside of CJ, so it would not cost affilaites to use them.

Here is the link with the directions. http://www.audible.com/affiliates/datafeed

Basically you need to register for Audible -- no purchase required -- and send me your sites name, PID, and Audible user name. (To register go to www.audible.com/register)
    I know you have an Audible account already because I comped you a book a while ago, so just shoot me that info and I'll make sure to get back to you ASAP.

You'll be able to automatically download these feeds. They are updated every Wed by Noon.

Cheers,

Beth

[This message was edited by Beth Kirsch on January 27, 2004 at 09:31 AM.]

I love your site.
    For the last two days I've been coding pages while listening to samples.
    Totally addictive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beth Kirsch:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Beth,

How do we get the data feed? Do we need to email you? At present I receive a full feed from CJ, will it automatically be there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you have an Audible account already because I comped you a book a while ago, so just shoot me that info and I'll make sure to get back to you ASAP. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Beth,

I new there was something I had to do, you sent me the comp and for the life of me I could not figure out how to retrieve it. With the extra work and trying to go on holiday I completely forgot to get instructions on how to retrieve it.

I looked over all our correspondence and there are no instructions on logging information or how to retrieve. I am now giggling over here, just seems so silly.

SandraR

Hello Beth,

I new there was something I had to do, you sent me the comp and for the life of me I could not figure out how to retrieve it. With the extra work and trying to go on holiday I completely forgot to get instructions on how to retrieve it.

I looked over all our correspondence and there are no instructions on logging information or how to retrieve. I am now giggling over here, just seems so silly.

It's just a credit, so you can choose a book. I think all you need to do pick a book and check out.

Enjoy it!

Cheers,

Beth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    I love your site.
    For the last two days I've been coding pages while listening to samples.
    Totally addictive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear it! Customers clearly like our product. We definitely have groupies.

It's just a credit, so you can choose a book. I think all you need to do pick a book and check out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beth,

I am interested in the data feed; retrieving the book is something completely different.

I will simply start from scratch and create an account (separate from the account already associated with CJ). Then request the data feed. In this manner I can get started on loading the feed.

If you are claiming an account has been created for me when you gave me a book credit, I never received the information required to obtain the book. A person has to have some form of information to obtain the book; otherwise anyone can simply say they have credit.

Personally I would prefer to start from scratch and get the feed lets forget the book.

SandraR

Beth,

I am interested in the data feed; retrieving the book is something completely different.

I will simply start from scratch and create an account (separate from the account already associated with CJ). Then request the data feed. In this manner I can get started on loading the feed.

If you are claiming an account has been created for me when you gave me a book credit, I never received the information required to obtain the book. A person has to have some form of information to obtain the book; otherwise anyone can simply say they have credit.

Personally I would prefer to start from scratch and get the feed lets forget the book.

Sandra, by all means create a new account for the data feed.

In terms of the book you should use it! Hey a free book is a free book.

You had an account, since you made purchases from us sometime in the past. When I gave you the book, I simply asked customer service to look up your account based in your email address. So, if you forgot your username, I'm sure you can go to our site and look it up.

Or email me and I'll look it up for you.

But, again, in terms of the data feed, feel free to start from scratch.

Cheers,

Beth

"You had an account, since you made purchases from us sometime in the past"

Beth,

That’s not me! You gave it to the wrong person; I have never made an online purchase for audible books.

SandraR

Hmmm,

Sandra, and here I was trying to do something nice! lol! Someone was happy!

Thanks for point it out.

Hey, when you have a chance, send me your new user name, so I can give you access to the data feeds. To register, just go to www.audible.com/register

Cheers,

Beth

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread