Hey Guys,

A music lover ... big time ;-)

I think I must spend a grand a month on new cd's ... of course I sit here all day infront of this pc ... so it is nice to enjoy some nice tunes while working.

Here is what I just popped into the player:

inxs - listen like thieves

What a great listen from the 80's ... first listen in quite a while.

lauryn hill - miseducation of ....

Another big recod ... this one from the late 90's ... I think it won a grammy ... in 98 ... too bad here last "mtv" release was such garbage .... not the band .. there cool ;-)

hee

the temptations - best of

my girl ... the way you do the things you do .. and a track I think is cool ...
    beauty is only skin deep ... these guys were cool back in the day with there suits ... dam ... that should have been me! oh ya ... I am a white guys .. hee hee

pop staples - father father ....

The songs are timeless and the musicianship is outstanding ...great tracks include:

father father ....
    why am I treated so bad (great tribute to Martin Lurther King) & poeple get ready is wonderful too ;-)

echo and the bunnymen - ocean rain ...

the new 25 year aniveryary ablums rock ... remastered ... extra tracks ... most important the band is tight ... love echo ;-)

Cheers ....

So what are you listening too?

Brian Johnson (Chef Brian)
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs

I always love these threads!

Here's what I've been listening to in my 5-disc changer ...

Five Iron Frenzy: Cheeses of Nazareth. Hilarious.

Five Iron Frenzy: The End is Near. Their last CD. How sad!

Michael Stanley Band: Stagepass. They were huge in Cleveland when I was growing up. Listening now, they were probably average at best, but it brings back some great memories.

John Reuben: Are We There Yet? The only rapper I really listen to ... always makes me laugh. ("Hello Ego, why it's a displeasure to meet you...")

Jean-Luc Ponty: Civilized Evil. His newer stuff doesn't appeal that much to me, but his early stuff (especially with Stephane Grappelli (sp?) ) and the CDs of this era (Individual Choice, Open Mind, etc.) are awesome!

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

Hey Philly ...

Intresting ... nice to see a list of bands and artist I am not framilar with ...

Music .... ,,,, mmmmmmm

LOL

Cheers,

Seek and you shall find

Hi Evereyone, OMG Echo & The Bunnymen, I used to listen to that at full blast thru my kickers in my IROC-Z back it the early 90's, man I miss that car and that band..

I like to listen to Limp Biskit, Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Jovi, SpringSteen, Sinatra, Deano, etc..

WOW Echo & The BunnyMen tho.. Awesome Tune "LIPS LIKE SUGAR" or is it sugar kisses, I forgot, it's been a looooooooong time.

Kevin- GO WIRELESS
    http://www.hotpops.net

Why Work For the Boss,
    When you can be the Boss?

ABW Ambassador
    Michael Stanley Band - ARGGHGHHGHGGGGG....

I actually see him shopping at Sam's club all the time, oh how the mighty have fallen.

CD PLayers? Dedicated server (old p133) in the basement for mp3s that I rip from my own collection.

Air, Radio Head, The Libertines, Lamb, amon tobin,emiliana torrini, lisa germano and there is a great radio station on shout cast - super slut, yeah yeah bad name, good station (it could be worse, it used to be called evildildo).

I am addicted to being able to find new music on shoutcast, popping over to amazon and getting the cd in a few days. I play my music in too many places/machines to use itunes.

Chet

Chet:

I only met him twice and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. The music is really dated now and it's easy to forget just how big MSB was in the Cleveland music scene during its heydey. I often wonder how much time he and the other band members (Koslen, Dobeck, etc.) spend thinking about the "good old days."

I must admit I have not joined the mp3 revolution. I'm in the process of burning a lot of my old vinyl onto CDs right now ('80s-era R.E.M. bootlegs, imports and the odd MSB album - ); my new music interests are pretty narrow these days (Five Iron Frenzy, Supertones, Jennifer Knapp, Relient K, etc.) that a few new CDs here and there seem to do it for me.

---------

The new Cold Play album is the only cd you need.

The live album ??

Or rush to the head??

I like all there albums ;-)

Cheers,

Seek and you shall find

Hey GOWIRELESS ...

It was lips like sugar ;-)

Have you heard there new stuff ...

Eveergreen is increadible and flowers is very cool too ... Flowers sounds like the doors ...

I like the new remaster cd's with bonus tracks ... that grey album has them covering soul kitchen by the doors ...very cool.

Cheers,

Seek and you shall find

Coldplay leaves me ... cold

Sorry, couldn't resist!

---------

Cold Play are great ;-)

Heck they even play on Ian Mculacks latest solo album (lead singer echo bunnymen).

Hee hee

Cheers,

Seek and you shall find

I'm an electronic/synth fan myself, absolute favorites would be:

band/song
    VNV Nation - Further
    Blutengel - Children of the Night
    Apoptygma Berzerk (best band EVAR!) - Eclipse or Until the End of the World
    Project Pitchfork - Timekiller
    Informatik - A Matter of Time

etc

I'm very particular when it comes to other types of music.. most of the radio crap these days is boring to listen to or just terrible.

I would have to say my taste in music is superb

If it wasn't for the internet I probably would've never found this type of music

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> inxs - listen like thieves
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Woooohoooooooooo go the Aussie bands!!

ABW Ambassador
    Karl, I just broke down and bought most of my old albums on CD from places like record exchange. Just didn't have much luck trying to dump it from my old turn-table.

Michael Stanley seems very nice at Sam's club, after MSB he was on a local show cleveland PM for a little bit, then he did some DJing for a classic rock station and then every so often he comes out and does an accoustic set for some classic rock thingy. I don't think the rest of the band does anything with him - but I have never actually gone to any of the events.

He is probably still just living off of T-shirt sales. Which if you were around in the day, Daffy Dan's has since closed. Another Cleveland Icon from the 70s/80s gone.

Chet

Brian, with so much invested in media, I'm sure you alloted some funds to the hardware. It makes a world of a difference in my opinion.

Ian Lee

Internet Marketing Strategist
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us

looks like we have something in common I selected that too I have the 5 cd changer it's awesome. From the 5 Star Program contest I won for Amazing socks!. It's awesome!

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Hey Ian,

Yep ... I have two nice stereo's ... nothing too outlandish ... I am saving for a sweet car ...

And other goodies ... like the bedroom furniture I just purchased! Thanks aff marketing!

Cheers,

Seek and you shall find

Chet:

I have too many albums I just can't find on vinyl. I have a five-track mixing board that has worked well as the "middle man" between my turntable and cd burner.

Daffy Dans ... OMG!!! If I recall, there was some big scandal that caused that place to shut down. I can't remember the whole jingle, but one phrase sticks in my head "... with a DD on the sleevin' ..." I had my share of Daffy Dan shirts "back in the day."

Boy, you think about names like Daffy Dan, Michael Stanley, Kid Leo ... just footnotes in Cleveland history, I suppose.

---------

Never understood the appeal of CD changers...

You put one on because you want to listen to it and you're lucky if you're still able to listen to it by the time it finishes.

Right now I'm listening to Richard Strauss.

It reaches the parts other beers can't reach.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread