Finding products on shareasale
    Please tell me there is a better way for affiliates to find individual products than what I am doing. We have just under 1000 books (products) listed on shareasale for affiliates to place on their site. I do understand most affiliates will just place a banner that points to our homepage or a specific category. I have been trying to get our authors who in the past have used our in house program to switch to shareasale but they cannot find their book (specific product). Yes I know the affiliate can download a CSV file with all the products but these people are not the technical sharpest tools in the shed. Anyway what I have been doing is from the merchant interface which has a find product by name feature get the productID then I log into the affiliate interface click in a product then change the ID to the correct one and email that to them so they can get want they want. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Terry the best way may be for your affiliates to first find the product on your site and then use the SaS Create a Custom Link to a Page feature to create their links. It's pretty straight forward and even the most technically challenged publisher should be able to use it.

Why no send an e-mail to your publishers with a couple of examples of how to use the tool?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

http and a telephoto
    They can also use Make A Page to create the code for one book or many, as long as it is in your datafeed.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Terry, rematt and loxly are both right I've also dropped you a quick email in case you have further questions!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Let's look at the custom link, right off we have a problem (You can use any image or text with this link, using standard HTML linking formatting).

If you could find the product you were looking for shareasale does an absolutely wonderful job of providing users with easy drop in html code with many different options and looks. I donít have to know any HTML at all just copy and paste.

If a user could find the product by name that they were looking for using the interface then they can pull up this page...

Again I am trying to make life simple for them and drop my existing in house program. Of course I still will have those few that even this will be too much for but it would help.

Thanks,

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hi Terry,
    Technically, using standard HTML, an affiliate can use any image or text with any tracking link in ShareASale...

For an affiliate to find one of your products and just copy/paste the code, they can use the Make-A-Page tool, as Loxly mentioned above. If you join ShareASale as an affiliate, just click Make-A-Page under the "Get Links" menu, select HCI from the merchant dropdown box, and search for your product. The tool will spit out the same HTML for the affiliate to copy/paste onto their site.

Does that help? There is also a Make A Custom Link tool, if you click that, you can paste any HCIbooks URL into that, and the tool will spit out the HTML.

Either of those tools should do what you're looking for?
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread