PHP include bug?
    I created a single merchant store at amazon and used the PHP include option. However, when clicking on a product from the list it opens the amazon page, it does not open the product detail page. I tested the Javascript include and it works. So I wonder if there is a conflict with other scripts on this page: italianbookstore dot com / cookbooks dot php

Thanks for your help!

Cool
    couldn't see a problem; was able to open several GC links on the middle list OK.

When you tested, was the product detail page opened on my site or at amazon?

ABW Ambassador
    ercole - I just checked a couple of the links and they are going directly to the amazon webite product page.

I thought that the product detail page would open on my page when clicking on "More info" and then go to amazon.
    The test page at Goldencan does that but when the PHP code is inserted on my page the "More info" takes you directly to amazon.
    I have the code on another domain and it also goes directly to amazon: italianmovies dot net.
    So, I don't understand why the code behaves differently then the test page at Goldencan.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not sure what's going on. I don't use GC very much but just checked one of my pages and it's doing the same thing. When I set it up ages ago, it opened to the product page on my site. It now goes directly to the product page on eBags.

I've only got one GC store set up right now, and it's working just fine with the "more info" going to the product info on my site, then the "Click here for more info" button on the product info page going to the merchant's site.

I know there's a drop down selection when you're editing the GC store to tell it "yes" or "no" for displaying product info. Could it be that got set to "no"? (I think "no" is the default when you're creating the store.)
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    writerguy - Thanks for reminding me of that option. I only have one store with them now and haven't touched it in ages. I must have changed it at some point, it is working as it should.

writerguy,
    the "Display Product Detail" is set to Yes.

The javascript code works fine and it opens the product detail page on my site, it's the PHP code that doesn't.
    I wonder if it has to do with the PHP version on my server?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by ercole
    I created a single merchant store at amazon and used the PHP include option. However, when clicking on a product from the list it opens the amazon page, it does not open the product detail page. I tested the Javascript include and it works. So I wonder if there is a conflict with other scripts on this page: italianbookstore dot com / cookbooks dot php

Thanks for your help!
    Hi ercole,
    Display Product Detail option only works when you use JavaScript. If you are using GetData (spiderable) feature then Display Product Detail has no effect.

Asif,

thank you for explaining the reason.
    I'd rather use PHP than Javascript because of SEO.

Good day,
    Ercole

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread