Richmond, VA
    Question Selecting a quality product for my sub-niche?
    I've made tremendous progress on this new internet and affiliate marketing journey. This forum has made things so much clearer and easy to apply in the learning curve of a subject totally new.

I'm at a bog right now as to selecting a quality product for my sub-niche, of which I've decided on two.

I've followed the training in looking at the different locations, searching using my keyword phrase and question + affiliate and gotten some good ideas. I've found the selection of "quality" products slim on CB so I'm concentrating on known quality products from professionals in the niche and discovering their individual affiliate programs on their sites.

Should I just bite the bullet and select one? Am I experiencing the fear of failure in my selection? I know I don't want to waste my time and energy however, I know I must fail fast and fail forward to get to success.

Any guidance, insight, and advice would be appreciated.

New Zealand
    Hi Craig,
    Sounds to me like your're already on the right track - i.e. carefully selecting a quality product to support.

When I started I made one of the usual newbie mistakes - hooking up with too many vendors. The vendors all had quality products; I think the site was good for visitors; but I was spread too thin keeping up with product/sales-link updates and managing the site.

I understand you don't want to waste time.
    I hate wasting time too. But what is failure anyway? (I ask myself.)
    Even if I make only a few sales (which I do) I'm still pleased that I put up my first site: it's useful for some people - they tell me so. And I learnt a lot.

Also, it seems to me that websites are often 'late bloomers'. That is, if they are maintained and not left to become decrepit.

Of course it would be nice if visitors would rush to our brand new site in a buying frenzy. But a site that has been around for a while and has been built up in quality and quantity will attract visitors eventually, if not at first.

Anyway, good luck to you - and let us know how it's going.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread