Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Received this PM at 10:37PM this evening...

"My name is Vincent. I am the affiliate marketing manager for SurprisHim Lingerie (www.SurpriseHim.net). Today I am so happy to finally have a chance to contact you to let you know about our new affiliate program. We are currently offering 10% commission on all sales plus additional 5% on your 2nd tier affiliate which you recruit. Our company has being in the lingerie business for 3 years. We start off selling lingerie on eBay and quickly expand to our own online retail business.

We feel you are the perfect affiliate for us because of your hard work in both promoting merchant's product and your own website. We are very pround of your hard work. It will be my pleasure and honor to have you as one of our affiliate. I believe by working togather we can have good profit in the future.

Please take a look our site www.SurpriseHim.net . The affiliate program link at the bottom of the main page. Please feel free to contact me if you have any question or command about our affiliate. I will be more than happy with work with you.

sincerely,

Vincent L.
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    [URL=http://www.SurpriseHim.net"www.SurpriseHim.net"[/URL]

I also recevied an email from these folks earlier. Both the email and the PM were totally unsolicited

Sad if this guy gleaned my posting patterns from a forum here...

Fred

Here we go again .. will they ever learn?

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Was that SPAM?

Damn I thought it was a personal invitation. I signed up that sucks.

SandraR

ABW Ambassador
    Got it here, too. I feel so honored.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    I felt so special like i was the one and only perfect affiliate, i feel cheated on

I work in lounge pants

I guess we all agree

Vincent is a SLUT!

SandraR

yeah same here...

He replied fast,

Set up and ready to go, love the product line, so I am not upset about how it happened!

SandraR

Does no-one have any sympathy for us sad b@ggers who weren't invited

(Like the kids at school who are always last to be picked for the team...)

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    Does no-one have any sympathy for us sad b@ggers who weren't invited

(Like the kids at school who are always last to be picked for the team...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>YEAH!!!

------------------------------
    "If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!" -- Buddha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    We feel you are the perfect affiliate for us because of your hard work in both promoting merchant's product and your own website. We are very pround of your hard work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the giveaway for me - as a) he doesn't know jack about what I promote or my "own website" and b) I have no sites where this would be a good fit.

SPAM? not so sure - seems a bit too labor-intensive to be SPAM, but a slight change of wording would have made the world of difference.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

Here's my reply.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Which of my sites did you feel would best represent your products?

If I were to choose one, which did you want to be on most? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am waiting for an answer.

Good try, Vincent . I admire ambition. Next time, try honesty.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador

I'M NOT WORTHY!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My posting pattern might not have been to his liking or he have me on ignor like so many others..

Either that or he did look at my site and immediately reached for his barf bag.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

What really raised the flag for me was the the post was a close copy (maybe exact) to what I received by email previously. Same grammar, same patronizing, etc. I can't remember which domain it came in on, as I trashed it right away.

If he had Haiko's permission, it would be one thing, but it appears that was not the case. Just very bad form.

The models are pretty hot eh? Heheheh.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

Well I can't complain - I do use these types of merchants and LOVE the line.

Did everyone notice the grammar in the PM? I don’t think he speaks English or speaks English well. Maybe he’s dyslexic like I am and his grammar-spell checker quit on him on the same day!

Besides all the controversy, I hope I can sell his whips and chains.... Oops did I say that, I meant his lingerie.

SandraR

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    He has contacted me couple times about promoting his program. He is obviously very anxious to get new affiliates aboard but doesn't know how to do it very well.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

I just think the use of PM's to recruit is inappropriate. I will say something.

I may have done him a favor by bringing this into the open

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

First of all, I want to use this chance to apologize to those who I have contact and P.M. last night. I have no intention of spamming my program and that is why I use private topic so only the members I choose will see the message.

Catalyst < I agree with you on your comment about my affiliate recruiting skill is not good.

buy_online < I agree with you on its inappropriate act that I PM AWB member about my affiliate program.

SSanf < Please check your P.M. I have list 3 of your websites that I feel will be perfect to promote lingerie.

Haiko < I apologize for PM my fellow ABW members about my affiliate program without your permission.

To me, all criticisms and suggestion are good because it help me grow as a better person. Also, it helps me as a newbie affiliate manager to learn what it takes and need to become a good affiliate manager from this board. So, I thank you all for your comments.

Sincerely,

Vincent
    Newbie Affiliate Manager
    SurpriseHim Lingerie

[This message was edited by Vincent - SurpriseHim Lingerie on January 28, 2004 at 02:40 PM.]

OK, Vincent has found an appropriate place on my sites where his products could be featured.

Now that I know he has seen my sites and not just pulled a name off the boards, I will look at his program.

Looking.....

OK, I have the right spot for the mini-dresses for sure. I might spin off the other stuff from there.

Looking.....

Thigh high boots!! I think we can do business.

LOOKING....Oh, my Godess! I have a body armor site! What a rush your chain mail will add to that! LOL

Data feed available?

BTW, if that had been an e-mail instead of a PM from ABW, it would have been automatically deleted. Got to hand it to ol' Vincent. He did get our attention. And, that was what he needed. Don't recommend it to others, though.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on January 28, 2004 at 04:58 PM.]

Dear SSanf,

Thank you for giving our affiliate program a chance.

Yes, we do offer datafeed in csv format. You can obtain the datafeed here ....

Sincerely,

Vincent
    Affiliate Manager
    SurpriseHim Lingerie

[This message was edited by Haiko on January 29, 2004 at 01:34 AM.]

Vince I wish there was a way I could redirect the crazy S&M keyword combos that end up at www.suspenders.com to your site. Kinky sex outfits and toys must be hot sellers online for the daytime prudes wearing suspenders. The image of SSanf wearing her witch hat, sequined mini-skirt with knee high spiked heeled boots pounding out affiliate links pages has me in stitches.. Burn up that credit card gal..

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Bad Mike,

Bad Mike,

Bad Mike,

I almost wet myself..

SandraR

Just Lurking
    Hey Mike I had a simalar vision of Ssanf but she was in Chain Mail with thigh high leather boots wielding a +2 Elven dagger and sacarficing a DUCK to Mars. Maybe I've been playing to much Nethack.

------------------------------
    "If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!" -- Buddha

Well hopefully she's not a fashion trend setter down at her community. Hopefully SSanf would never sacrifice a Duck or Parrot to the nature Gods or we'll have to move to an even colder climate. That clothes pimp Gordo will be on his knees begging for those Thigh High leather boots which (no pun intented) would go best with my Pirate outfit and Parrot.

Mike & Charlie ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast