Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Summit East Hotels
    I know ASE09 is a few months away, but I want start looking into travel plans. Looks like there is a deal of $249 a night at the Hilton. Anyone know of any other hotels close by that might be a little cheaper?
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

Just a quick lookie on Priceline gives a few:

The Warwick New York $190
    Park Central New York $148
    Mayfair Hotel $126
    6 Columbus $190
    Hilton Garden Inn $179
    Paramount Hotel $113

There are many many more.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Make sure you ask if the $100 +/- hotels have hot & cold running water. [smile]
    Shoemoney booked a cheap hotel in SF for adTech
    There was no A/C or TV and the keys were actual KEYS

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    Make sure you ask if the $100 +/- hotels have hot & cold running water. [smile]
    Shoemoney booked a cheap hotel in SF for adTech
    There was no A/C or TV and the keys were actual KEYS
    That's funny (as long as it wasn't me)
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]
    [size=-2][url=http://www.loganthompson.me]My Blog[/url] | [url=http://www.twitter.com/drumminlogan]Follow Me on Twitter[/url][/size]

This past weekend I stayed at the Wellington 55th and 7th ave about a block and a half away and paid 119 a night through priceline. Hotel was not that bad
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    This past weekend I stayed at the Wellington 55th and 7th ave about a block and a half away and paid 119 a night through priceline. Hotel was not that bad
    The BOLD in your quote it mine. "Not that bad" is not really the description I want to hear about a hotel. And, on the other hand, the conference hotel is a bit pricey - with taxes and fees close to $300.

That's no joke, MCT. Some friends of our stayed in a $300+ room with two beds - two couples. Problem was the beds were not queen size, nor were they quite double size. Shame, but we'll be passing on this Summit.

See y'all at TT in the fall or ASW early next year (Vegas?).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Hotel was fine. It was "not that bad" meaning it had a nice TV, hot and cold running water, decent size room but no view.

It was clean, easy to get to, near the Hilton and for a NYC hotel it was a steal at $119.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

When I want to visit NYC without breaking the bank, I usually stay in NJ. This year, prices are way down in NYC, so I'll probably shop around (when it gets closer) before I make up my mind. No way will I be paying $300/night for a hotel (even if it is the convention hotel), though. If I can find something fairly nice in the city for $100-$150, I may do that. I might redeem points (or Starwood Cash & Points) for a hotel. Or, if none of that works out, I should be able to easily find something in the $75-$100 range in NJ. Public transportation makes it easy to stay just about anywhere in NYC and across the Hudson in NJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I recently stayed in the Sheraton Manhattan Hotel 7th Ave & 51st Street -- very convenient location -- I booked with Priceline using the "Name Your Own Price feature" for $99 a night [I stayed for 4 nights because I was having work done at my place]. The room that I had there was smaller than the room I had had the previous week at Sheraton Towers [diagonally across the street] but it had a very nice bathroom. My complaint was that the television did not have closed captions but everything else was great: the hotel has a great fitness center and a very nice indoor pool [the outdoor poor was not yet open]

Sheraton Towers [I stayed there for $130/nt] had great closed captions plus their TV had a new age music station that would show pictures of waterfalls and I could set a sleep timer to that station -- Sheraton Manhattan did not have that but it had the swimming pool

It was worth the $99 a night [@ Sheraton Manhattan] and it is walking distance to the Hilton. Try Priceline's "name your price feature" choose Midtown West & Times Square; indicate a preference for 3 or 3 and 1/2 star hotel and see what you get.
    Don't be afraid to lowball on Priceline because if your offer is too low the Priceline system will encourage you to start over again.

When is Affiliate East? August?
    Keep in mind that August in NYC is very hot & humid; all the native New Yorkers want to go away to the Hamptons etc... You should be able to get a good deal on a hotel room at that time frame.
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 27th, 2009 at 06:53 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    There is also an option to book the Hilton at $229 a night (through May 31) if you elect to make the booking non-refundable.

More details at http://www.affiliatesummit.com/09e-travel/
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

We booked the Warwick (it's super close by) for what works out to be $180 / night all taxes included. It looks nice enough and I think it's on the same block as the Hilton.

Can't wait for ASE!!
    [B][COLOR=Navy]Nadia Levine (van Rooyen)[/COLOR][/B]
    Senior Manager, Affiliate Practice at Vantage Media
    nlevine(at)VantageMedia.com

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Actually, the Hilton just lowered their non-refundable rates today for our group to $199 a night plus tax for single or double occupancy.

http://www.affiliatesummit.com/09e-travel/

As I've said before, I don't personally think saving a couple of bucks a night to stay in another hotel is worth it for several reasons.

You can miss out on additional networking opportunities and wind up eating up the little bit of savings on taxi or other public transportation costs.

Not only that, you lose valuable time commuting back and forth to the hotel and having to schlep around schwag is a pain in the butt.

Lastly, as a woman who travels to conferences A LOT, I always prefer to stay at the conference hotel for safety reasons, especially if I'm going out in the evenings with other conference attendees. I just feel better traveling with a bunch of people than going off on my own to another hotel. (It could be that I'm just hypersensitive to this because I've been mugged 3 times in my life.)

.... just one woman's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by AffiliateSummitMissy; May 12th, 2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: typos... what else ;-)
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

Missy is absolutely right about the reasons to stay in the conference hotel. Even if you save 25 bucks a night and stay four nights - that $100 is not worth the hassles of having to "commute" back and forth to various activities, carry things and waste time. And, of course, in a big city, Missy's comment about personal safety is not to be overlooked.

"Working" a conference (as an attendee) is also tiring. It is soooo nice to be able to hop in an elevator to go to your room just to freshen up. A simple face washing and tooth brushing routine can make you more productive for the "next couple of hours."

And, don't forget the after hours networking in the hotel lounge(s).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks Missy. That $199 price is a lot nicer than $249 and helped me make my decision.
    [b]Logan Thompson[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Just a quick lookie on Priceline gives a few:

The Warwick New York $190
    Park Central New York $148
    Mayfair Hotel $126
    6 Columbus $190
    Hilton Garden Inn $179
    Paramount Hotel $113

There are many many more.
    Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateSummitMissy
    As I've said before, I don't personally think saving a couple of bucks a night to stay in another hotel is worth it for several reasons.

You can miss out on additional networking opportunities and wind up eating up the little bit of savings on taxi or other public transportation costs.

Not only that, you lose valuable time commuting back and forth to the hotel and having to schlep around schwag is a pain in the butt.
    I'm hoping to go to the ASE and I'm hoping to do this one like Missy says this time by staying right there at the Hilton. I think experiencing the summit by being right there 24/7 will be a little different than Boston although the hotel we stayed at in Boston was pretty close and awesome, not to mention my I had a great roomy for that one Hmmm, come to think about it last time in NYC I think I was up 24/7

My son just graduated from Boarder Patrol and will be coming home for a week or so right around (hopefully before) the summit. If he heads back to start his job before the summit I'll probably be going Woo Hoo. I should know within a few days as to when he gets his leave
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

No Longer Banned!
    Thumbs up Cheap Manhattan Hotels....
    Quote Originally Posted by drumminlogan
    Thanks Missy. That $199 price is a lot nicer than $249 and helped me make my decision.
    I booked the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th for 103/ night.

It's a mile from the show. @ 57th & 6th.

Beat that one.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

I ended up redeeming 175k Hilton HHonors points for a 6-night stay at the convention hotel. If you're Silver or higher with Hilton and have enough points, the GLONP2 award is 175k. (The normal rate is 40k points/night.)

I've also been keeping an eye on TravelZoo's NY hotel deals:

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Good Job Michael I knew you would have a better deal this time then me.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar

Great Rating NYF!!! Not 4 star, not 3 star, not 2 star, but "not that bad"
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Well Alan, the lobby was a 4 star, the elevator was a 3 star, and the room was a 2 star lol

Actually I am staying at the conference hotel, Could have got somewhere a little cheaper but I would have spent that in cabs anyway.

No Longer Banned!
    Unhappy 149 USD/ day For A 1 mile Cab Ride ??..... Seriously ?...
    Could have got somewhere a little cheaper but I would have spent that in cabs anyway.

Vinny

149 USD/ day to go 1 mile in a cab ? Really ?

Yer kidding right ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Vinny

149 USD/ day to go 1 mile in a cab ? Really ?

Yer kidding right ?

Steve
    There are good reasons to stay at the conference hotel. We choose to do that with the $199 special rate. Probably mostly because for me it takes quite a while to walk a mile in Manhattan because I get distracted by the scenery (I happen to love photographing buildings.)

For you, staying a mile away to save some money is probably the right choice. For others the convenience of being at the conference hotel is worth the extra money.
    Deborah Carney

No Longer Banned!
    Yes You Have A Point, BUT....
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    There are good reasons to stay at the conference hotel. We choose to do that with the $199 special rate. Probably mostly because for me it takes quite a while to walk a mile in Manhattan because I get distracted by the scenery (I happen to love photographing buildings.)

For you, staying a mile away to save some money is probably the right choice. For others the convenience of being at the conference hotel is worth the extra money.
    Yes ma'am you do have a point. But WOW!, how much does Vinny think NYC cabs cost ?

He could put a nice down payment on another boat he was talking about on his site for 149 USD/ day.

Maybe I could go to the next summit for that. {??}

Anyway, I heard NYC is outrageous, but I don't think it is quite that bad. You'd have to go to Tokyo Or Moscow for that.

Steve

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Yes ma'am you do have a point. But WOW!, how much does Vinny think NYC cabs cost ?
    Vinny and I are very aware of what cabs cost, lol.
    Deborah Carney

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast