Text-Link-Ads?
    I was approved by Text-Link-Ads, but apparently I'm really slow. They have a "publisher" which is different from an "affiliate." Affiliates, it seems, promote ONLY the Text Link Ads site itself. But publishers "sell ads for a flat rate."

I'm unsure what this means practically speaking and can't find a single thread on this in searching the forum.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Alison

I have one site that was approved for Text-Link-Ads. It's a WP blog.

Once I was approved (as a publisher), I installed their WP plugin.

I then forgot all about the company and that relationship -- until about a year later I got email that they had placed an ad on one of my blog posts. I went to their site, logged in, and looked at the dropdown menu for "Publishers>Money" and there it showed details on the link they had sold and the earnings-per-month info.

That was about 4 months ago, and they've kept the link there and added one other to another post. Not exactly big money, but I've made enough to buy a couple of pizzas from it in the last few months. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks for the reply writerguy.

If I understand you correctly, you just installed the plugin and that's it? Eventually they sold add space on your site?

I already downloaded, installed, and activated the plugin, but I can't see any place, for example to specify WHERE the ad shows up, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BookWise-Winners
    Thanks for the reply writerguy.

If I understand you correctly, you just installed the plugin and that's it? Eventually they sold add space on your site?

I already downloaded, installed, and activated the plugin, but I can't see any place, for example to specify WHERE the ad shows up, etc.
    With the plugin, they are selling contextual ads for you. So, somebody who wants an add on a specific word or phrase on your site will find a post where you talk about staying at a hotel (for example). They will then buy a link for the word "hotel" on that specific post. The plugin will automatically link the word hotel to the site they are promoting without you having to do a thing. You will now earn 50% of how much they are paying each month...

This is not a QUICK way to earn money, but, I have seen it work in a snowball fashion. After a while your site should pick up some steam and you'll get more and more links added to posts. The nice part is, more often than not the guys buying the links stick around for 6, 7, 8 months or more.

The income has a way of building up. Plus, throw this on multiple WordPress blogs and you can quickly cast a pretty wide net for ad sales.

They do have a feature for placing up to 8 links in a side bar, but that's not something I've done before so I don't have much info on how to make that feature work.
    Eric Tyler
    Eric [at] FinancialNetworkPro [dot] com
    [URL=http://financialnetworkpro.com]http://financialnetworkpro.com[/URL]

Thanks, I understand.

The funny thing is I just found out I already got paid on one of my blogs. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by BookWise-Winners
    Thanks, I understand.

The funny thing is I just found out I already got paid on one of my blogs. Who knew?

Yeah, I know what you mean. With the piddly little two links they have on one of my blogs, I just got a PayPal deposit yesterday for $9.50. I had to look at the entry a couple of times before I remembered what it was for.

Not big money. Just a fun little surprise cash "pop" every month.
    Generate more fake news.

A word of caution is that although the money seems good as it eventually adds up, but Google does not like paid links and sites which subscribe to Text-Link-Ads may be penalized.

Peter Lee

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread