Problems with Comparashop
    Has anyone had a positive experience with Comparashop? I'm pulling them out of my database after the following experiences:

(1) I noticed that their datafeed seemed "stale," continuing to include products that aren't available on their web site. I wrote to them on April 13; I received no reply.

(2) Today, I called the toll-free phone number that's prominently listed in their header, and was immediately forwarded to voice-mail (during regular business hours).

(3) When I tried to visit their web site today, Mozilla balked, saying:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www-comparashop-com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Clicking from that warning page for "more information" discloses this information (emphasis added):
    Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for comparashop-com

What is the current listing status for comparashop-com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 15 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-04-19, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-04-18.

Malicious software includes 5 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS10439 (CARI).
    What baffles me is that this seems to contradict the statistics I am seeing on the ShareASale site ("Last Commissionable Transaction through Affiliate: 04/28/2009 08:24:07 AM," with both 7-day and 30-day EPCs in the $4 to $6 range).

Comparashop bankrupt, affiliate program closed
    I just received an email stating that Comparashop has filed for bankruptcy:
    Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:55:57 -0400 (EDT)
    Subject: Comparashop program is closed as of May 2, 2009

Hello valued Publishers, we are quite sorry to inform you that Comparashop is going through bankruptcy and will need to end this Affiliate program for now. There is a chance we can re-launch it in a few months, and we will keep you informed.

We have appreciated your partnership and wish you much success in 2009 and beyond.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread