Overstock.com Transition to CJ
    I think today is the last day for Overstock.com links on LinkShare - starting tomorrow only the new CJ links will work.

Will PopShops switch over to the new CJ datafeed quickly or do we have to wait awhile for the new datafeed to be processed?

Thanks for the heads up. This is the first I'd heard of this. I must have missed a notification somewhere along the line. (this will mean a lot of work)

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Yes, it was nice of Overstock to give everybody a whopping 4 days notice about the link switch-over

I've asked about this in the past, and was told that PopShops does not "migrate" product links when a merchant changes networks. Given the frequency with which merchants migrate their programs, this is a huge issue, but I certainly recognize that implementing this capability would be an incredibly huge coding effort (some merchants might make it easier than others; it may always be impossible for some merchants, certainly if they change product titles, SKUs, and landing pages).

There is no automation of the migration process; for a merchant moving from LS to CJ, you must add the new CJ links for each product to each shop-page, and remove the LS links. If you have more than a few shop-pages, this process might be incredibly time-consuming.

A suggestion: you should probably not delete all the existing LS links right away, but instead use PopShop's ability to identify which pages have existing links for the LS merchant program. This will let you check each of those pages to add the new CJ links to those items, before deleting the corresponding LS links. (The alternative, of course, is to delete all the LS links and then gradually add the products with CJ links as you update each page.)

I sent an e-mail to Overstock yesterday and got this response -

"PopShops should be updating their feeds shortly. Everything will still track through Linkshare through May 12 in case there are issues."

I am taking this as our links will still be good until May 12th??
    Danny W Bonin Jr
    Bonin Group, Inc.

Great ... even though I've been an Overstock affiliate at Linkshare since February 12, 2002, I get declined at Commission Junction. ?????

I too had an email from Travis Hopkins at Overstock saying he thought they were working on getting their feed to popshops.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Something is happening - Overstock/LS is gone from PS this morning (it was still there last night). Hopefully, this means the CJ feed will be added soooooon.

Note that though you can no longer add Overstock/LS products, existing product links are still working.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I just noticed Overstock being gone as well. I'm starting to remove some of my LS Overstock products, but I don't want to do remove them all at once (even though that would be a heck of a lot easier).

(and now I have to beg and plead to get on as a CJ affiliate after being rejected ... bummer)

Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    (and now I have to beg and plead to get on as a CJ affiliate after being rejected ... bummer)
    I don't want to make a duplicate post - see what I said here.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Mine was denied as well, but I emailed the address on their merchant info page on CJ and received a very pleasant email back, along with an offer to join. I imagine many aspects of their online sales are a bit muddled now and will take time to return to normal.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

I'm just hoping we'll get some info from the PopShops people that frequent this forum telling us when they anticipate having the Overstock.com datafeed from CJ.

I've got some plans to put up Overstock stuff on some sites using PopShops ASAP.
    Generate more fake news.

Lightbulb info from the PopShops people
    Hi folks. Yes, we have removed the LinkShare feed from the merchant list so people don't keep making new shops with soon-to-be-disabled links, but your existing links will still track for now.

The CJ feed should be available sometime this week, and we will disable the LinkShare feed a few days later. As Mark noted, we don't have the ability to migrate your links across networks (believe me, if we could...), but if you can think of other ways to make transitions like these easier, we're all ears.

Finally--and at the risk of sounding like I'm rubbing salt in joyaz's wounds--please remember that you need to be accepted as an affiliate of Overstock's CJ program in order to use this feed. If you're a member of other CJ programs, then the landing page links will work (this isn't true of some other networks), but you won't earn commissions if you haven't been approved Overstock's CJ program. Sorry for the double negative.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~Matt

ABW Ambassador
    mattJ i am still waiting to get accepted

i have applied several times only to recieve the normal rejection letter

furthermore when i contacted you via the CJ interface someone replied stating that they were going to sent an invite which i am still awaiting for!!!

ABW Ambassador
    oups sorry... i thought you were from the CJ/Overstock team ;-0

Yeah! I got back into the (overstock) club!

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    The CJ feed should be available sometime this week,
    ~Matt
    Any word - the week is about over and its not up yet.

ABW Ambassador
    finally got accepted today.....pheww

There is probably a clever emoticon that would illustrate how close we are to rolling out the Overstock feeds (I say "feeds" because we're separating them based on their different currencies), but I'll bet you'd rather see the feeds themselves.

Still no precise ETA, but we're working on it tirelessly and we will update this thread the minute they go live.

~Matt

Hi all,
    I wanted to thank you all for your patience and thank Matt for working non-stop on this. The transition was unexpectedly more complicated than most but is so very close.

And, as Matt said, the currencies will be broken into separate feeds so there will be none of your customers clicking on a product and seeing Euros as the currency.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

They're here...
    And coming in at the literal eleventh hour:

Overstock.com - this is the US feed
    Overstock.com CA - all prices are in Canadian dollars
    Overstock.com EU - all prices in euros
    Overstock.com GB - all prices in pounds

We'll leave the LinkShare feed active until Monday evening.

Thanks again for bearing with us while we got the feeds properly sorted.

~Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    And coming in at the literal eleventh hour:

Overstock.com - this is the US feed
    Overstock.com CA - all prices are in Canadian dollars
    Overstock.com EU - all prices in euros
    Overstock.com GB - all prices in pounds

We'll leave the LinkShare feed active until Monday evening.

Thanks again for bearing with us while we got the feeds properly sorted.

~Matt
    Thanks, Matt, now I get to stay up late.

Way cool, Matt!

Got all my stores updated ... now I can get some rest. Thanks for the speedy delivery of Overstock into POPshops.

I am now waiting to hear back regarding the "Accent Furniture Direct" with CSN stores. As per 'Jessie', I guess it has been left out of the feed ... and needs to be included. I am anxiously awaiting this update to fix one of my stores.

Have a great weekend!
    Arizona Deb
    [URL=http://www.azwoodman.com/]azWoodman.com[/URL]

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread