Merchant Status Confusion
    I see some confusion in my SAS control panel. Over a month ago I applied to a merchant that never responded to my application. In my SAS cpanel, they are not listed in the drop down menu under "Get a Link/Banner". However, when I click on "Create a Custom Link to a Page", they ARE listed in the drop-down menu at the "Merchant for this link" field. They are also included in the listing for "Specific Merchant" in both the "Invalid Link Report" and in "Activity Details Report".

It seems like the most important would be the "Get a Link" list of merchants (as I said, they're not in that), but as you can see, since they are showing up in other drop-down menus, it's a mixed message. How can I determine definitively the status of this merchant, as regards my application?

15 years and counting
    Check the Activity Summary Report. You'll have the exact status of your relationship with the merchant.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Check your "Activity Summary" section. Under "Approved" it will say "Yes", "Declined" or "Pending". That is the definitive answer as to your status with a merchant.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

If you go to the program description and click to contact them you can send them a message to find out. I've had that happen to me, too. In that case it ended up that they terminated me cos I had coupons on my site even tho they originally accepted me. Have had other cases tho where they ended up approving me after they were notified, so not sure what happens as to why the double messages?

Good luck

hmm, wasn't aware that was the definitive way to find out. Thanks for posting that both of you, now I'll know

Thank you -- that says they're still pending. Would be nice to get a timely reply from the merchant -- these kind of very long delays certainly do not inspire confidence.

I joined a merchant last week to replace a merchant that was to close 04/30 but for whatever reason their links are gone today and I'm still "pending".

Bye.

If I need to pull a page it's not going back up next month when they get around to checking their account.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread