Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Widget Malfunctions
    I've tried to use widgets from 2 different merchant this past month and both gave me run time errors on my site and nothing loaded on the page from the point the widget was inserted onward.

This isn't happening wit all merchant widgets, just some.

I have no clue why or how - anyone have an answer?

Affiliates - I'd suggest checking your pages for screw ups after adding a widget to make sure it's working properly.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Weirdness, shoot me an email with which ones and I'll check them in the interface? Thanks!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn - ShareASale
    Weirdness, shoot me an email with which ones and I'll check them in the interface? Thanks!
    sending email now CT - thanks!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I simply quit using the SAS widgets. Not enough merchants interested in making something that'll fit in a blog sidebar and most of my sites are WordPress ...

BUT -- More importantly, the merchants I used with SAS widgets were totally unable or unwilling to keep them up to date.
    Generate more fake news.

Not sure if problem is still happening? Just checked a whole bunch of mine and appear to be working ok. Not sure if I got em all or not tho. (uhh quite a few of em on my site)

"BUT -- More importantly, the merchants I used with SAS widgets were totally unable or unwilling to keep them up to date."

Oh boy, do I ever feel your pain. Oooooh just spotted two of mine not updated. sniff, sniff Sent one an email and will have to now send the other. Guess maybe I will have to go check all of em Agree tho..

Need Trust back here. For a while there I was kinda like good cop and he was bad cop. I'd ask very nicely and if they didn't he'd start naming names.

Think I got lulled into a sense of false security. There for a while they seemed to be keepin em updated. Umm somewhere obviously tho they musta changed and now they're back not updating em.

Yeah, the updating thing really was most frustrating. I can use Avantlink tools for relevant merchants and PopShops for most of my merchants and get more consistently updated results than with the SAS widgets.

Those widgets really ARE a good, useful idea, though. If they'd just somehow update dynamically. Somehow.
    Generate more fake news.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread