Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receive commissions faster with the new buy.at Prepaid Debit MasterCard®

Thumbs up Receive commissions faster with the new buy.at Prepaid Debit MasterCard®
    buy.at is excited to announce that on May 5th a new affiliate payment option will be launched in our Management Area – a buy.at Prepaid Debit MasterCard.

Why?
    Through this new payment option, buy.at affiliates can receive their commissions faster, safer, and more cost effectively than checks, wire, and even EFT/direct deposit. Also, this option offers a significantly lower payment threshold than other cross-currency payment options.

How will I get started?
    Through a quick registration, our affiliates will be able to order a buy.at Prepaid Debit MasterCard card and accept monthly commission payment onto the card.

What’s next?
    No more bank hassles and no more waiting several weeks to clear foreign current payments. Simply order the card, wait for it to arrive, and activate.

Once activated, buy.at will automate your international payments directly to the card. Funds can be available on the card in two short hours, anytime during the week – just validate your payment through an email confirmation that will show up in your inbox immediately after buy.at releases your commission. From this point, you can spend commissions immediately. Go to a restaurant, shop online, or more importantly, invest your commissions back into your affiliate business.

As far as we know, this is the first time an affiliate network has offered the option of a prepaid debit MasterCard, and it’s a great option for affiliates that are looking for a more efficient payment method. Keep an eye out for the opportunity to sign up for your card on May 5th!

Looking for more information?
    A help guide and further information will be available in your Management Area beginning on May 5th, 2009. In the meantime, feel free to contact us with your thoughts and feedback prior to launch. Working together on this initiative, both buy.at and Payoneer will monitor all forums, blogs, and message boards to gather your thoughts and feedback.

-Amy
    Last edited by Amy Ely; April 29th, 2009 at 12:10 AM.

Affiliate Manager
    Payoneer - buy.at prepaid card
    Hi Everyone,

We are very excited to be working with buy.at to create the easiest way for affiliates to get paid. We will be working together with Buy.at to process all your feedback and to answer all your questions.

We are looking forward to join this amazing community of affiliates.

You can reach us at feedback@payoneer.com and follow us on twitter at Payoneer Twitter

Thanks

The Payoneer Team
    Last edited by Amy Ely; April 29th, 2009 at 11:52 AM.

Affiliate Manager
    For those of you who want to learn more about Payoneer here is a cool demo to start with:

Payoneer Demo movie

enjoy
    Payoneer

Quote Originally Posted by Tomer
    For those of you who want to learn more about Payoneer here is a cool demo to start with:

Payoneer Demo movie

enjoy
    Payoneer
    Nice demo!
    Gabe Goldstein | Ad Desk
    Phone 703.265.5061
    Email Gabe. Goldstein@teamaol.aol.com

A couple of quick questions:

1. I assume that I can choose the new debit card for payment of international funds, but continue to use EFT for US dollar funds, should I prefer to do this?

2. Care to tell us what the new minimum is for Canadian dollars? Of course, with an old minimum of $450 CDN, anything is an improvement, but I am hoping that it's similar to the US minimum of $20?

Hi shuvee,

Great questions!

1. Payoneer is probably the most cost effective solution for any international affiliate, both for international funds and USD.

Using the card to load US dollars will likely yield more cash in your pocket in comparison to EFT as you suggested.

2. The minimum for all currency payments, including Canadian Dollars, will be $25 USD or the equivalent of $25 USD to your accepted currency. This surpasses any previous threshold held onto our cards - and another reason buy.at is offering this payment method to our trusted affiliate base.

Sample payment equivalents to the $25 USD include:
    - 30 EUR
    - 30 GBP
    - 150 DKK
    - 175 NOK
    - 215 SEK
    - 35 CAD

I do not understand your response to my first question. Or perhaps you misunderstood my question? The second answer is clear, and the minimums are quite reasonable.

My question was whether I can continue to get my USD earnings paid by EFT. That has nothing to do with Payoneer, as there is nothing "international" about US Dollars earned from US companies by a US-based affiliate. That is, right now I have commissions earned in USD and CAD. I can currently specify how I want each of them paid. Will that remain true, so that I can continue to receive EFT payments for the USD commissions, but choose the new card for the CAD commissions? The card - with the new low minimums - is better than waiting a year to earn $450 CAD, but I really prefer my earnings to flow through a bank account because that's a lot easier for me and my accountant at tax time. (I won't even ask whether the two will be aggregated for tax reporting purposes, or whether each will be subject to the $600 minimum for US tax reporting ...)

shuvee -
    Apologies for any misunderstanding.

Yes you can pick different payment types per currency for each type of commission you earn. So, USD can continue with EFT or check, and can choose the new card for CAD commissions.
    Last edited by Amy Ely; April 30th, 2009 at 09:53 AM.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    shuvee,

First of all, please let me introduce myself. I am Paul newton, Financial controller of Platform A`s buy.at network and I am responsible for global affiliate payments.

You are exactly right in your post above in that the EFT can still be selected for USD transactions while CAD (or any other currencies that you may have tracked) can be loaded onto a Payoneer card.

You are also right in stating that the minimum payment thresholds are much lower than the cross currency bank to bank transfer option that is currently available.

If you need anything further from me, please feel free to drop me an email. paul.newton@buy.at

Regards

Affiliate Manager
    Payoneer - reports
    Hi Shuvee,

You pointed that you prefer your earnings to flow through a bank account because that's easier for and your accountant.

I wanted to point out that Payoneer provides a great reporting system through "My Account", affiliates can see and download statements by month or date range.

please take a look and tell me you impressions.

thanks
    Payoneer

Congrats to Buy.at for launching the Payoneer payment system ... I've been a long time fan of the possibilities of a consolidated uniform payment method for all affiliates. Kudos for Buy.at for leading the way and incorporating and facilitating this system.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Congrats to Buy.at for launching the Payoneer payment system ... I've been a long time fan of the possibilities of a consolidated uniform payment method for all affiliates. Kudos for Buy.at for leading the way and incorporating and facilitating this system.
    I had lunch Wednesday with a dear friend at buy.at and also expressed my congratulations on implementing this program. Buy.at is a class act for sure.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    Thank you Haiko and Bill for your continuous support!!

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Haiko
    Hi Haiko,

Many thanks!
    we are very excited to serve buy.at affiliates, we are very committed to provide them with the most cost effective payment option.

thanks
    --Tomer

Forgive me, but I haven't taken a look yet. However, the reason has nothing to do with the quality of your reporting but with the number of different accounts I must check in order to gather all my income and expense data, and the extra work in consolidating it. Right now I have a Merchant Account, a Business Checking Account, and a Personal Account (which eventually will receive no business income but getting to that point hasn't happened yet). Your account would be one more. Furthermore, having money on a debit card means I have one more card to juggle; I already have more credit cards than I need (including both personal and business cards). I really need the money in a checking account (business or personal) from which I pay bills. Your service is probably less inconvenient for individuals who will happily use your debit card for personal expenses (meals, gas, small purchases) but becomes less handy for people who would like to consolidate their affiliate income with their other business income. Perhaps if affiliate work were my business, and not just a small part of it, this would not seem as much of an issue.

It is for that reason that I prefer to keep my USD earnings deposited into a checking account. At least that money will go into the general "pool" of income I can use for any purpose. However, I am very happy that this new option is available; there is a big difference between a $450 CDN minimum and a $25 CDN (which I believe it is), and I will be happy to take those earnings on the card.

I just wanted to confirm that this payment option is now LIVE and available to selcet through your management area.

If anyone has any problems, please just let us know and we will review it right away.

Regards

Paul

OK, I give up. Where do I sign-up to get this card? I just took a quick look in the management area and I didn't see it. Maybe it's me ...

Shuvee,

Sorry for any confusion.

Thru your management area, on the left hand side, please select the heading "payments".

For the chosen currency that you want loaded to your card, edit the payment choice and select to receive your cash in USD. From here, the option should become available to select and create you Payoneer account.

Any problems, please just report and let me know as I am sure that you wont be on your own. If things are too confusing, we can try and move things around to make it easier.

Just let us know where we are going wrong, we will try and correct it.

Regards

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I've been using a Payoneer card for some months now, great card and never had any problems with it, so it's a great addition for the Buy.at system, especially for affiliates who are overseas. I can draw funds in US$ at ATMs that allow it, or local currencies or use it in the US without getting nailed on exchange rates like my local cards do!

Great combination of products, Congrats Buy.at and Payoneer !

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thumbs up Mastercard
    I recently ordered this card as I like the ease of use and to paid quickly and I can shop online.
    It was very easy to order the card, and I look forward to receiving it soon.

Affiliate Manager
    who should apply for a buy.at card?
    Hi,

I've been asked several times these next questions, so I thought it might interest everyone here:

Who can benefit from the card?
    The card is the ideal alternative for affiliates and publishers who are now withdrawing funds using international payment or cross border checks. You are now able to avoid heavy currency conversion fees, and stay away from bank hassles and awaiting several weeks to clear foreign currency checks.

How do I apply for a buy.at Payoneer master card?
    You can set Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard as a payment method for any currency you have generated transactions, no matter which payment currency you choose. The payment will be loaded on to the card in USD. The buy.at prepaid MasterCard allows you to make purchases and withdraw funds at an ATM in your local currency worldwide, everywhere that MasterCard® is accepted. Once you choose Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard from the payment options available you can click on the Apply link to get a card.

thanks
    --Tomer

Payoneer Team

Question
    are there any costs to the user associated with this debit card?

Herb –

Great question. Yes, there are fees associated. Traditionally, there is a $7.95 activation fee – but this is waived for all buy.at affiliates who sign up before June 28th, 2009. There are also small fees associated with loading and withdrawing funds from the card. A full list is available here: http://payouts.payoneer.com/partners...px?pid=4112640

Also, if you have any other questions, an FAQs page is available here:
    http://payouts.payoneer.com/partners...px?pid=4112640

...and a US contact form available here:
    http://payouts.payoneer.com/partners...px?pid=4112640

Or, you can contact buy.at’s Finance manager directly via email: paul.newton[at]platform-a.com

Please let me know if you have any other questions?

-Amy
    Last edited by Amy Ely; May 14th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Hey Everyone,

Just to clarify for anyone else who has questions about the sign up process - here are the step-by-step instructions:

How to get started:
    1) Login to your Management Area
    2) Choose “Payments” from the left hand menu
    3) Once you generate confirmed transactions, choose “edit” on your payment details screen
    4) Choose the currency in which you would like to receive payment
    5) Select your banking region
    6) Choose the “buy.at Prepaid MasterCard” payment option
    7) Click on the “Apply” link

Still have questions? Don't hesitate to ask!

Also, check out our limited-time iPod Shuffle promotion here.

-Amy

Hi again,

Paul also created a step-by-step help guide, complete with screen shots.

Please see it attached to this post.

As always, let us know if you have any questions!

-Amy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast