psps_search included in wordpress?
    Was wondering if there is a way to include
    PHP Code:
    $REQUEST['psps_search'
    in a post on a wordpress site?
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

don't think you can do it in an actual post. In an actual post you need to use the pop up plugin, or add javascript.

I agree that I don't think it can be done, but I don't know why it can't be done.

It doesn't seem like it would be much different than having a store embedded in a post and the contents change based on the products available in the datafeed when it is parsed.

I'm looking at doing a site with individual product reviews and would like to make this more like a price comparison site with a single product at the top of the post, review and information then a list of the merchants that have the product in their datafeed with their price next to the merchant name at the end of the post.

Assigning the product name/model number to psps_search variable should be easy enough and this would eliminate the need to create thousands of shops.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

The reason it can't be done is because within a "post" you are calling functions and variables in your wordpress database, and the psps_search is pertaining to the popshop database. But that doesn't mean it can't be done if you did this within a "page" in wordpress or a separate page outside of the wp directory. My php knowledge is very limited but I imagined it could be done.

The only thing is that those variables are defined by the popshop program so you would need to know (1) which variables contain the make/model/price info (2) get access to their database by calling custom functions. You then need to sign up for their popshop api. I would contact them to get some ideas directly.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread