ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    For the life of me I can't figure out if there is a way in the CJ link code which includes the picture, description and buy button to resize the image size used. Some of the images are way too big and I would like to put more of these on a page with a smaller graphic size. They don't include an image size in the code. Is there a way to do this. D'oh
    Thanks
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

There is no such thing as a stupid question.

The graphic image code that cj provides comes with no set width and height values. So the browswer uses the default values. If you want to manipulate the image you can easily add the width and height parameters yourself.

Right click on picture and go to properties and this will tell you the default values and picture url. Find the picture URL in the CJ code and add "height=xx width=xx" (using the default values as a guide).

Hope that helps eh!

ABW Ambassador
    Talk about a brain cramp.
    Your post woke me up. I think I have become too dependant on front page. Since it goofs up some coding on other networks, with CJ it isn't a concern, and I was using the insert html feature instead of just pastng directly into my word/note pad html and then resizing as I would for any regular graphic.
    Thanks.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    A better way to do this is just resize the graphic using PSP or any graphics program and put it on your server. Once there, click on "advanced" tab and enter the url for the new resized graphic. Then update html.

The reason it's better that way is that instead of a 300x200 45K file, which you force resize down to 100x75, you actually get a smaller file, say 15K which will load faster and fast loading pages do much better than slow ones. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    and to not use frontpage...... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I go to the merchant site and find a fast loading one that I like, copy the image URL and then take it into the CJ advanced generator and convert it to a CJ image. The merchants ALWAYS use fast loading images on their own sites while giving us the monstrosities. The merchants can hardly complain this way since they give us that option with the advanced generator.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Great idea with the image there Ssanf.
    As stated above the solution was right there. Feels a bit foolish asking but as I said I have those brain cramps every now and then.
    I started using some of the complete pic description buy button to save some time. Copying picture, then a text link and then copying/making text sales pitch was time consuming. At least now I can make them a bit more friendly to my pages able to modify them.
    While putting a picture in advanced generator may be an extra step, it would certainly be an advantage to make a linkable image and at the same time using CJ to load the image instead of it on my end slowing load time when I am using a picture from a merchants site to create my links
    Thanks

WW

Walleye,

I do the same as Ssanf. Most of the merchants will have thumbnails on their pages. It is an extra step but just changing the image url to the smaller image url and using advanced generater works good. One other thing is that you can also do it to link to a product that the merchant might not have links for by doing the same thing. Of course then you have to come up with your own description.

ABW Ambassador
    I do most of that already packster. Thats why I posted it was a stupid question.
    It's just that one simple little thing was just not registering with me. As stated I was not thinking outside the box, only how I got into the FP habit because of the link being changed for some networks and not thinking.
    I have been notorious in the past for doing such things. Such as my wife points out and asks if I opened my eyes before I started looking, asking her where it was, for something that was right out in the open actually.
    WW

Thank you instead. I appreciate the opportunity to give back some of what you folks have taught me. It feels good to help once in a while.

I also insert my own "buy" button or "more info" button between the linked product images and the anchor tags. This way I can add my keyword rich alt tags to two images linked to the landing page instead of one.

I use the same "buy" button or "more info" button throughout so it only has to be loaded once for many buttons.

(a href="http://www.qksrv.net/click-xxxxxx-xxxxx" target="_blank")(img
    src="http://www.qksrv.net/image-xxxxxx-xxxx?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xxxxx.com%2Fproduct_images%2Fp2489b.jpg"
    alt="My great keywords" width="244" height="300")(br)
    (img src="../More_Info.gif"
    alt="My great keywords" WIDTH="68" HEIGHT="23)(/a)

(=< and >=)

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on December 04, 2002 at 01:21 PM.]

Hi everyone.
    I have the exact same problem as the original poster, but I don't know enough to understand the solutions that were given. I would immensely appreciate if someone would dumb it down a little bit for me.

(I have never been so frustrated in my life... please help!!!)

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread