Can This Be Done With Popshops
    Hi,

I am weighing some different options for my current affiliate site and Popshops was suggested as one of them.

I want to be able to create pages for specific types of shoes but my niche is narrow width shoes, I also want to create drop down menus so that the customer can bring up their size, shoe width, type of shoe, a box that indicates womens, mens, girls, boys and a search box.

Additionally, I read that Popshops recommends Firefox, but I currently have Internet Explorer. How do I know if I Firefox is compatable with my computer?

I probably can't do this on my own. Does Popshops offer the ability to have someone do it for me? If not, can anyone recommend a way for me to accomplish some of this in a less difficult way?

I am searching all over trying to find answers to how to accomplish this type of thing without much success.

Thanks!

Searching in PopShops is focused solely on the item title, not within the description, which makes your search needs a bit difficult to fill automatically. You could set up individual shops for each aspect but that becomes cumbersome.

To find out if Firefox is compatible, install it - it's free and easily updated once installed.
    Be at peace,
    Casey

Lass Group Mall - Free parking first hour or with any purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    Searching in PopShops is focused solely on the item title, not within the description, which makes your search needs a bit difficult to fill automatically. You could set up individual shops for each aspect but that becomes cumbersome.

To find out if Firefox is compatible, install it - it's free and easily updated once installed.
    Hi Caseyfern,

Thanks for letting me know that search is only on item title. I guess the way I'll have to check by width, I'll have to search directly on that particular site and maybe set up pages based on the brands that I know of that do come in the sizes I'm searching for.

I found out from another thread that I could install Firefox and keep Internet Explorer as well. It is compatible and wow, what a difference when it comes to getting into Popshops.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfern
    Thought I'd respond again regarding this post. I'm currently trying out Store Stacker due to some problems I was having with templates. What I may not be able to accomplish with Store Stacker is drilling down my catagories as specifically as I'd like to. For instance, unless there is a way to by-pass this and I'm waiting for an answer on this from them -- when I brought in New Balance sneakers to my Women's Athletic Shoes catagory -- all New Balance shoes came up -- women's, men's, girls, boys and toddler. I'd like to be able to set up a women's catagory of their shoes, a men's catagory, boy's and girl's, toddler boys and girls.

I'm thinking I'd probably need to search for women's athletic shoes in each merchant I work with that carries the brands I'm interested in and go from there. Is there an easy way to delete out what I don't want to use, as I would using the free version? It wouldn't be the easiest thing to do, but I think it would still be easier than the way I have copy and paste each separate link myself, right now.

Would the one of the Enterprise versions work for this? Also, what is the set up like? Do you have to upload into a cpanel?

Thanks!

No Longer Banned!
    You CAN In Fact Do This w/ PopShops....
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveshoes
    Hi,

I am weighing some different options for my current affiliate site and Popshops was suggested as one of them.

1} Additionally, I read that Popshops recommends Firefox, but I currently have Internet Explorer. How do I know if I Firefox is compatable with my computer?

2} I probably can't do this on my own. Does Popshops offer the ability to have someone do it for me? If not, can anyone recommend a way for me to accomplish some of this in a less difficult way?

Thanks!

ILS

** 1} Firefox3 is compatible with your computer .... No need to tell me what kind you have.

** 2} Yes Jessie does do this. It starts at 1800 USD/ mo and up. The shops are completely custom. I plan on doing this very same thing at some point.

Hope this helps !

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; May 23rd, 2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: texas spelling spree....
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    ILS

** 1} Firefox3 is compatible with your computer .... No need to tell me what kind you have.

** 2} Yes Jessie does do this. It starts at 1800 USD/ mo and up. The shops are completely custom. I plan on doing this very same thing at some point.

Hope this helps !

Steve

Thanks, Steve, for your reply.

I installed Firefox a while ago. I posted on another forum and found out that I could have both IE and Firefox on my computer. Who knew? Can you tell, I'm at a very basic level here, in terms of my computer knowledge and experience? LOL!

That's great to know that she can do this, though it's a bit steep for me right now. How difficult would you say it would be to do at least do some of what I want to do on my own with the enterprise package on a scale of 1-10-- 1 being someone who has no experience with this sort of thing and 10 being very familiar? I'd say I'm maybe at a 2 because I've used the Basic free version on some of my pages.

Thanks!

To Steve: You may be thinking of our custom corporate solutions, but even then we don't build websites. (See http://www.popshops.com/faq/corporate for what we do offer.)

To iloveshoes: I'm not sure I grasp everything you're trying to do, but I'd like to expand on Casey's comment above. Our keyword search function looks at product names and brands (when brand info is available; some merchants don't include that info in the appropriate data field).

With that in mind, I suggest browsing* the feeds of your affiliated merchants and seeing what shoes they have that you want to feature. If the shoes have inscrutable names (e.g., nothing but a model number) and no brand info, then there is no systematic way to find those products on PopShops. Your best bet is to contact the merchant and explain to them that you would like to promote their products, but their current data feed info is making it impossible to do so (be sure to mention which network the feed is on). A lot of merchants have never seen their feeds from their affiliates' point of view and are happy to get constructive feedback that will improve affiliate sales.

~Matt

* browsing = scrolling down the merchant list in ShopBuilder to a particular feed and exploring it to see all the products offered. Do not use the keyword search box, as this will filter out results.

Matt... so is $1800 per month what the corporate account costs?

No Longer Banned!
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveshoes
    [LEFT]

Thanks, Steve, for your reply.
    You are welcome. I hope I am helping you.

I installed Firefox a while ago. I posted on another forum and found out that I could have both IE and Firefox on my computer. Who knew? Can you tell, I'm at a very basic level here, in terms of my computer knowledge and experience? LOL!
    Actually, I have 8 different browsers on my dell server. I use them for testing.
    Some of the browsers are not even used much anymore.
    Chances are that you'll never need this though.

That's great to know that she can do this, though it's a bit steep for me right now. How difficult would you say it would be to do at least do some of what I want to do on my own with the enterprise package on a scale of 1-10-- 1 being someone who has no experience with this sort of thing and 10 being very familiar? I'd say I'm maybe at a 2 because I've used the Basic free version on some of my pages.
    Enterprise is a 1 in difficulty. It is very easy to use. I used to have many of the features now only available in enterprise before Jessie changed the format a while back.

I don't think that the new Enterprise will do all the things you need done though. I read all of your posts and what you seem to need is a programmer.
    You can try alexbet.com or brian at machiner at debiantutorials.com and they will be able to take care of this.

1800 USD/mo is corporate rates I suppose. It is also for custom data feed layouts that I will need later on that the standard popshops data feed does not address at this time.

Hope this helps !

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; May 23rd, 2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: tag error...
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Hi all,
    Just to get a be clear on this, we don't have a "corporate price" - when we work with a company pricing depends on the amount of traffic, amount of customization, etc. You can email "corporate @ popshops.com" if you have questions about that.

We do have an API ("Data Pack") that, with the help of a developer, you can access for $59.99/mo. We don't do customization for Data Pack, but you can always have a developer do that for you.

Jessie
    Last edited by JessieJ; May 23rd, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    [B]To
    To iloveshoes: I'm not sure I grasp everything you're trying to do, but I'd like to expand on Casey's comment above. Our keyword search function looks at product names and brands (when brand info is available; some merchants don't include that info in the appropriate data field).

With that in mind, I suggest browsing* the feeds of your affiliated merchants and seeing what shoes they have that you want to feature. If the shoes have inscrutable names (e.g., nothing but a model number) and no brand info, then there is no systematic way to find those products on PopShops. Your best bet is to contact the merchant and explain to them that you would like to promote their products, but their current data feed info is making it impossible to do so (be sure to mention which network the feed is on). A lot of merchants have never seen their feeds from their affiliates' point of view and are happy to get constructive feedback that will improve affiliate sales.

~Matt

* browsing = scrolling down the merchant list in ShopBuilder to a particular feed and exploring it to see all the products offered. Do not use the keyword search box, as this will filter out results.
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response. I just signed up for the Pro Unlimited Plan, to try it out and see how things go. I think it'd be hard to explain everything I'm trying to do on the forum. If there is a way to get in touch with you via email, it would be great to get your thoughts.

Basically, I know which brands from each of the CJ merchants, one of the google merchants and one the Linkshare merchants I have relationships with work for the target audience.

So my goal is to offer catagories that I know people need or want i.e., Athletic Shoes, Boots, Casual Shoes, Comfort Shoes, Evening/Bridal, etc. Currently, I go to each merchant's site and as best as I can find the shoes that match what I'm looking for and add the links to my pages. It's very time consuming to do that one by one and so PopShops Basic has been helpful with that.

I may just have to look at the set up of the Pro Unlimited Plan to see if it starts to accomplish what I want to do and then hopefully upgrade further, as I become more comfortable with the program.

If there is any way that we could email off line, it might be helpful, but in the mean time, I'm looking forward to looking over the options offered in Pro Unlimited a little later tonight.

Thanks again for your response.

Hi Matt,

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ
    [B]
    I was rereading your post from yesterday and I'm not sure I completely understan what you mean, above.

Here's the way I'm understanding it. Since shoes are my niche I'll use New Balance Sneakers and Zappos as example.

So, when you say browse a particular feed, you might mean Zappos.com, for example? I'd scroll down go to shoes or sneakers if they list that separately and scroll through to see which sneaker brands they offer? Is that what you mean?

Earlier, I was scrolling through to look for men's New Balance that are available in B width. So, I scrolled down the list of NB mens sneakers clicked on the shoe for additional info. and then checked to see what widths it came in. I would imagine that in my case, since I want to be that size specific, I'd have to do that with every shop I wanted to create and pop in to my page. Unless you have a suggestion for a way that might be easier?

Thanks!
    Last edited by iloveshoes; May 24th, 2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added Is that way you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    You are welcome. I hope I am helping you.

I don't think that the new Enterprise will do all the things you need done though. I read all of your posts and what you seem to need is a programmer.
    You can try alexbet.com or brian at machiner at debiantutorials.com and they will be able to take care of this.

Steve
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try to at least try to do what I want to do, as best I can anyway, with PopShops and we'll see what happens and then maybe some day I can "graduate" to working with a programmer

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread