15 years and counting
    Origins Affiliate Newsletter and links
    Just received the last Origins affiliate newsletter with LinkShare links already embedded.
    I don't work with them but decided to have a look for their Family & Friends event.
    "Grab the links posted below and have fun promoting this amazing offer."
    All the LinkShare links lead to pages without Buy Buttons. Weird.

There's NO CART on Origins website. How can you expect to get commissions if your visitors can't buy what they are looking for?

I've seen lots of tricky settings but this one is something. Why don't they put the site down if they have a cart problem?

Who's working with them and use PPC to drive traffic? You can't even set a cookie.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I don't have links to click, but i went directly to their site, and instead of a cart, they have a "bag" but it's still a cart.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

15 years and counting
    I went thru an affiliate link. I don't know if it makes a difference, but there's no bag, cart or whatever. Just a TELL ME MORE link that lead to more information but you can't buy anything.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Weird.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

just clicked on my affiliate link, added a product to the shopping bag and went right to checkout, no problem

15 years and counting
    I may have the answer. I'm not in the States right now. So, I may be served the exact same pages without the cart.
    If it's the reason, it's a stupid move. Do they understand how many Americans are traveling or living abroad? To don't have international delivery is one thing I understand, but to don't accept orders for US delivery from a foreign location, it's dumb.
    Anyway, a normal coder should find a way to put a warning somewhere or to redirect to a special page.
    One of my daughters lives in London, the second in Australia and I buy stuff from one place or an other all the time to be delivered in Fl or Ga. I've never had such a problem before and I'm talking hundreds of online merchants.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread