How to get affilates to start my companies affilate program at share a sale
    Hello I am a new merchant with share a sale and was hoping to get some insight as to what attracks people to my campaign. Or how I can expose affiliates to my campaign. Its a 1.5% conversion rate at an average ticket of $542 and 5% commission?

Thanks for any help, tips, secrets whatever and your time.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Two good ways to get exposure for your program are to:

1) Buy an ad on ABestWeb; and

2) Pay to be shown as a "featured merchant" on SAS.

Also, read the Becoming a Merchant forum for more insight.

And welcome to ABestWeb.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

thanks AffiliateHound!

any other input out there?

Would the average pay out of 20-30$ per sale be too low to attract affiliates?

Outsourced Program Manager GregJr-CMC's Avatar
    One option is to run a great affiliate program. Make sure everything is running smoothly and that your affiliates are being taken care of. Affiliates don't like programs on auto-pilot. If the program itself is good the word will spread, a forum like this is a good example. People spread the good/bad news. There are many other options to recruit affiliates, but this is a good base to start with.
    [b]Greg Rice Jr.[/b]
    Affiliate Program Management
    [url="http://www.gocmc.com/"]www.gocmc.com[/url]
    info(@)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223 | AIM/Yahoo:[font=Verdana]GregJrCMC[/font] | MSN: [font=Verdana][email="GregJrCMC@live.com"]GregJrCMC@live.com[/email][/font] | ICQ: [font=Verdana]416241443[/font] |

Join us! - [url="http://www.gocmc.com/freelance-work-exchange-affiliate-program.php"]GoFreelance[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/magsforless_surplusmags.php"]SurplusMags / MagsForLess[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/print-country-affiliate-program.php"]PrintCountry[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/nannies4hire-affiliate-program.php"]Nannies4hire / Babysitters4hire[/url] | [size=2][url="http://www.gocmc.com/discount-candle-cheese-supply-affiliate-program.php"]DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply[/url][/size][size=1][size=2] [/size][/size]

Outsourced Program Manager
    As long as it is not competitive with my clients, I would be happy to help. Feel free to contact me via PM, email, or phone. I am familiar with most networks/programs/software, etc., since I have been managing programs for 12+ years.
    Jack Kotowski • Certified Affiliate Manager • OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Managing affiliate programs since 1997 | Google Profile - JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! • JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks • Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

Just noticed Greg's post too, which I hadn't seen before I posted. I have heard great things about Greg, so he could be great resource for you.
    Jack Kotowski • Certified Affiliate Manager • OPM/Agency - program details: ABestWeb Forum of JackMarketing
    Built Zappos.com to #1!! • JackMarketing on Twitter and other social media networks • Inquiries: www.JackMarketing.com

http and a telephoto
    There is the Merchant Best Practices forum to read also:

http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

If you want secrets and tips you need to go digging for them The buried treasure is all here!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks jack and greg I really appreciate the insight

off to read some threads check back tom

thanks again all

Offer a higher commission % and volume bonuses.

Do competitors who have similar products pay a higher %? You'd want to one-up them if you want to draw affiliates away from those programs.

How do you know what your competition is paying as a commission?

Quote Originally Posted by JHD2009
    How do you know what your competition is paying as a commission?
    Just check out their affiliate programs, wherever they might be...CJ, Linkshare, SaS, in-house, etc. See how much your two largest competitors are paying, and then some of the same size and make a judgment as to what % you need to pay to be competitive or beat them.

So for speedracerman, I'm assuming his program is some type of automotive-related program, then he'd check out autopartswarehouse, jc whitney, I don't know, just the major players in that vertical. Maybe if Autozone, Napa, Pepboys have aff programs, them too.

That's pretty much what affiliates do when deciding which program to promote in a given niche. Of course, there are issues besides just the payouts...i.e. how does the site look and does it seem like it would convert well, are they on a network you prefer, what tools do they have, who is the AM, do they have a shady history or not, etc. But payouts are the main factor.

ABW Ambassador
    I look for these things in a program:

Auto Depost
    Auto Approval (not just USA)
    Current & Regular Promotions in Promotion feed
    Datafeed Available
    Instant Approval for FTP datafeed
    Never Go offline in History
    Fast communications (always reply to emails)

If you have all those things I'm sure you will quadruple your intake of quality affiliates in no time.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Things I like to see:
    -Autodeposit
    -Datafeed (clean, updated, and with ftp access) if applicable
    -Accessible Affiliate Manager that addresses questions
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I look for these things in a program:

Auto Depost
    Auto Approval (not just USA)
    Current & Regular Promotions in Promotion feed
    Datafeed Available
    Instant Approval for FTP datafeed
    Never Go offline in History
    Fast communications (always reply to emails)

If you have all those things I'm sure you will quadruple your intake of quality affiliates in no time.
    I agree with everything on this list with the exception of Auto Approval, you really need to keep spammers & Toolbars out of your program.

I agree with KSE - no auto-approvals. You want a knowledgeable anti-parasiteware affiliate manager manually screening applications, IMHO.

ABW Ambassador
    maybe that's a good point but when I'm looking for a merchant then I prefer to get their products or promotions up then and there and not have to come back to it later so mabye SAS could emply some auto screening where affiliates that are known as not parasites can get approved right away. I have also found a number of SAS merchants have their program on auto pilot so it could take months before they get around to approving you if at all.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Excellent suggestion glinted! I now run 9 programs in 4 different networks. This would save me a lot of time too. An OPM AM like me could simply have SAS auto-approve the affiliates that I have manually screened already in my other programs. From a technical standpoint it would be easy for them to do it for the ones that are in just my other SAS programs.

Looking for independent affiliate manager
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMarketing
    As long as it is not competitive with my clients, I would be happy to help. Feel free to contact me via PM, email, or phone. I am familiar with most networks/programs/software, etc., since I have been managing programs for 12+ years.
    Jackmarketing's quote prompted me to write this. We have a SaS program that is about 4 months old. We are converting at a sustained 6% rate and would like to take it to the next level. What are some tips for a newbie on hiring an independent affiliate manager to help manage our growth? Thanks for the help y'all

6%? I would like to learn from such a "newbie!" Let's talk. :-)

http and a telephoto
    I think there was a thread recently about hiring an OPM, but some tips to remember are:

Find someone that is compatible with your company and your goals.
    Don't bother unless you are willing to listen and implement the recommendations of your OPM
    Try to find someone that is experienced in your vertical.

It sounds like you are already off to a good start, it shouldn't be hard to move on up to the "next level".

Do some reading here at ABestWeb and contact some of the OPMs here that sound like someone you could work with. Contact them via email, most will set up a free consultation call.
    Deborah Carney

Jack,
    Since this is my first post to ABW the system wouldn't let me send you a direct message. Something about suspected spamming! I'll try again.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by jguss
    Jack,
    Since this is my first post to ABW the system wouldn't let me send you a direct message. Something about suspected spamming! I'll try again.
    If you go to Jack's website, there is a contact form there.
    Deborah Carney

Thanks Deb! JackMarketing { a t } G Mail.com will work, too.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread