All my SAS Sales are now showing "Lock Date"
    I just loggest into SAS and all my sales are now showing a "Lock Date" for 30-60 days away. I do not see this as a big deal but it is new. I hope SAS still get the $$$ from the merchants at the time of the sale though. I would hate to see a merchant go offline and not pay me for a sale I already made.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    kse,

Functionally it is all the same, we are just displaying when those sales lock. The majority of all sales will lock on the 20th of the month following the transaction... So any sale today would show a lock date of June 20th, etc...

Same as usual, just more info being shown.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Perfect, I thought that would be the case!!

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    I noticed that today while I was going through orders to look for overwritten cookies. I like the change. thanks Brian.

Brent
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Also new, and good, is that transactions that have been paid now show "Paid Date".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

That's one of the cool things about ShareASale. There are no major changes that break things (as in a couple other networks with which we are familiar). However, SAS does add continuous improvements which improve the overall quality of the user experience for affiliates. (I can only see the "aff" side, but imagine the same applies to the merchant side also.)

Bravo, keep it up, Brian & Crew.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

The only negative I see is that those merchants who never credit a sale until its "Lock Date" still don't show so all the sales now look like theirs but not all amounts are included in the total. Maybe it's only me, but merchants who have their program set up to not add their sales until the "Lock date" are avoiding all the negatives in reports and skewing the totals that can determine when we are paid. I have not been able to find out a reason why SAS allows some merchants to do this. It is not normal (going by the majority of merchants) and hides any reversals from the stats.

2busy I posted about $0 sales last week http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118680 about how some merchants post $0 sales until the lock the sale. I really think this should not be allowed and SAS is looking into it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    The only negative I see is that those merchants who never credit a sale until its "Lock Date" still don't show so all the sales now look like theirs but not all amounts are included in the total. Maybe it's only me, but merchants who have their program set up to not add their sales until the "Lock date" are avoiding all the negatives in reports and skewing the totals that can determine when we are paid. I have not been able to find out a reason why SAS allows some merchants to do this. It is not normal (going by the majority of merchants) and hides any reversals from the stats.

I asked the same question in 2007: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=98021 and the answer is, "because". I do hope you will get a more satisfactory answer.

15 years and counting
    I've a mixed feeling about this new lock date in RED. Why put something normal in red. That's just Information Overload.
    Is it to hide the not so normal extended lock dates? Or are they going to blink?
    I've extended Pending Sale Lock Date: 01/04/2010 7 months from now.
    How am I going to spot them? The reports were not made to have extended lock dates.

I asked the same question in 2007: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=98021 and the answer is, "because". I do hope you will get a more satisfactory answer.
    So far I know that its due to intrenational sales and SAS has talk to the merchant suggesting that they post the amount of the sale right away and put a 60-90 day pending status to account for longer shipping/return times and I am ok with that. At least this way I know what the sale amount was and the merchant would have to modify the sale if their is a change. With the $0 sale way they have to remember to change the $0 to the real sale amount. More sales stay at $0 after the pending status is over then not.

I just looked at your post it the same comapny

Lock date displaying: simple and sweet addition, thanx!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I just looked at your post it the same comapny
    They do not offer a 60 day return period. If you go to their site you can see that there is only 30 days for returns and then they only exchange, no refunds. It's just an abusive practice.

Even funds that haven't "Locked" yet should show in your account or it requires you to keep track of those sales separately; the sales don't count toward your account minimum so that even "Locked" funds get left behind on payouts, and it guarantees them 0% Reversals in their stats.

I see they (still) have a trademark poacher too.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    Lock date displaying: simple and sweet addition, thanx!
    Yes, I agree with you. Keep doing great improvements SAS team

Bumping this older thread as I found a lump of unidentified funds in my commissions today and after extensive digging I could see that it was a "Manual Credit" for a sale on April 5th that was previously showing a lock date of June 3rd. Fine, but now that April sale is showing a "Lock Date" of July 20. WTF?? I thought SAS said someone was going to have a talk with this merchant.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread