Looking for backend programmer
    Hello Everyone,

I know this is a longshot but...Would anyone know of a good programmer who could take Joomla (for example) and turn it into an affiliate tracking software, please let me know.

Thanks.
    [B][FONT=Verdana]Ian McKenzie | Affiliate Manager[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]212-777-7729[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][URL=http://www.tarsusmedia.com]Tarsus Media Network[/URL] [/FONT][/B]

Hello Everyone,

I have to restate what it is that we need. Joomla is not required for our backend needs but we would like to have someone who is familiar with Affiliate Marketing work on our backed service. If anyone has any ideas, I am open for suggestion. Thanks.
    [FONT=Verdana][URL=http://www.tarsusmedia.com]Tarsus Media Network[/URL] [/FONT][/B]

Not sure if this is the type of application that you're looking for, but here's a Joomla extension called Post Affiliate Pro Tracker published under a GPL license that integrates Post Affiliate Pro (PAP) into Joomla.

I know absolutely nothing about this software or it's publisher or if this is what you're looking for. I spotted it on the Joomla Extensions Directory (great place to find Joomla extensions by the way) about a week ago.

Hope this helps, good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I am also looking for platform software to manage affiliate network, but after communicating with the maker of Post affiliate Pro 4 I now understand that unfortunately this software does not support affiliate network as it is not possible to give merchant access only to some campaigns, or to some affiliates. Permissions are set on module, so if merchant has the right to view campaigns, he will see all campaigns.

Does any one have any other suggestion for a platform software to manage affiliate network? At this point I am not ready to go with LinkTrust or DirectTrak and was wondering which software rou recommend? the only other one I know of is AlstraSoft Affiliate Network but not sure

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    try elance

No Longer Banned!
    Back End Programmer....
    Quote Originally Posted by TarsusIan
    Hello Everyone,

I know this is a longshot but...Would anyone know of a good programmer who could take Joomla (for example) and turn it into an affiliate tracking software, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Yep. try brian [at] debiantutorals.com/....

This guys knows more about the whole shabang than anyone else.

Hope this helps !

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Hi,

Is this the correct spelling debiantutorals.com

TUTORAL is what's here. Is it supposed to be TUTORIALS?

Ian

TUTORALS is the Texian spelling for TUTORIALS. Just type in what makes sense and you can't go wrong. He means well but has been known for proprietary spelling issues.

Question
    OK guys,

I sent a message to brian [at] debianTUTORIALS.com and beBRIANTUTORIALS.com and both bounced back. Any other suggestions?

BTW: I DO NOT NEED FOR THIS SOFTWARE TO WORK WITH JOOMLA! That was an error on my part.

OK, I thought you would go to the site and see if you wanted to contact the person in question. If you do go to the site you'll see why your email bounced. It doesn't exist. Maybe Steve will be back to update with more info. You may find that this person has no interest whatever in working on your project, that's why I had thought you would visit the place first. Good luck.

Question Backend Software Developer, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Yep. try brian [at] debiantutorals.com/....

This guys knows more about the whole shabang than anyone else.

Hope this helps !

Steve
    OK Steve,

I sent a message to brian [at] debianTUTORIALS.com and beBRIANTUTORIALS.com and both bounced back. Any other suggestions?

BTW: I DO NOT NEED FOR THIS SOFTWARE TO WORK WITH JOOMLA! That was an error on my part.

2busy,

I so apologize about my last post. I wrote the post without thinking that only you would immediately respond since your email will receive an immediate reply message. As a side issue, our site is about to be completely redesigned and I would like some opinions on what wording would attract quality affiliates to our site (other than the usual "high payouts" or "immediate payments" stuff). Here's a sample of the text we have on the first page:

Tarsus Media is an affiliate network determined to make a strong commitment to our affiliates as well as our advertisers. To us, affiliate marketing is both a team effort and personable service. As part of our commitment, we give you, the affiliate, a payout thatís worthy of your time, talents, and websites. Tarsus Mediaís strengths are attention to detail, a strong customer service background, and our determination to bring to you quality offers in various verticals. Thatís the Tarsus Media difference!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Umm, I do not receive any emails indicating a response to my posts, no need to apologize. I come in and click on "New Posts" and if I have time, respond in threads where I have posted before I leave.
    Your intro above may be fine but since I'm happy with the networks I am working with I see no reason to venture into the unknown. I may be wrong but your network looks like one that caters to a different type of affiliate than the kind of work I do. If Tarsus Media has a forum on ABW you should let people know what merchants they could promote via your network. Look at other announcements and see what the questions and responses are to decide how to properly present the programs you are offering.

PS, if you are having tracking difficulties with your platform, don't expect a mad rush.

Talking Tarsus Partners Website
    No worries on signing up. The site is not operational at this time. I asked for your opinion solely because I knew you had quite a bit of experience with affiliate marketing. I believe you were one of the persons who commented on our current site. We are redesigning the entire site to be more 'Affiliate friendly' and we will be completely committed to working with quality affiliates. Here's a sample of how the new site will appear. The text that I submitted will be added to the new site and not the previous site. Believe me, the affiliate members here on ABW chewed me up and spat me out in terms of the appearance of the current site, so I learned my lesson.

I'm curious to know if we're on the right track this time.

It's hard to tell at this point, your template seems to have all the proper slots at least

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread