My mother made a sale with them on Saturday night. I watched her make the purchase through my link. They have batched 2 times since then and it still doesn't show. Is something going on? Should it of showed up by now.

One other thing I just noticed is that I am getting zip from them but plenty of sales from other toy merchants. This isn't looking good to me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Have they ever tracked properly? I thought they had their heads so far up eBates and other companies arses that they could not see when a sale to a proper affiliate happened.

This goes for other companies too.

I was with KB for 3 months at CJ.. While at LS I made an average of $100 a month from them. At CJ I made ZERO in the three months before I woke up and dropped their sorry asses.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I doubt if the others include eToys their partner site. Mums the word from their AM's as I've never heard a single post anywhere from da lazy bums.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

Oh yea, I left E-Toys out. Yup, nothing from them.

Andy,

I pretty much have seen the same results as you have with KBToys since they left LinkShare!

ABW Ambassador
    Their much heralded move to CJ resulted in a 90% reduction in our commissions. Con job.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Jimbo ..did you notice when they pulled out of LS? Right at the start of the Christmas season just like Warner Bros. To their management timing is everything if your going to suck in the bucks.

WebMaster Mike

KB batches their reports. I had a couple show up before Black Friday - nothing since. Unclear on what days they upload the reports - but I'm optimistic that they'll show soon.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    www.funagain.com was supposed to upgrade their affiliate program, don't know if they have yet though. They have a *lot* of stuff there, but their program needed a little work, as I recall. If you're looking for alternatives, you might give them a looksee...

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

I just posted the following on the FRAUD board...

quote:
    Just a heads up. There might be something very fishy going on with the conversion rates and batched sales (or should I say the lack the of) at KBTOYS.COM/ETOYS.COM (Same company now, two websites).

Has anyone else noticed a lack of reported sales? Myself and many others have sites with very loyal customer bases. We have customers who shop at KBTOYS, ETOYS, Amazon, and dozens of other merchants for holiday gifts. Most of the other merchants are tracking consistent sales results. The conversion ratios have been the same for almost four years. Now, ever since KB/EToys moved to CJ, they are tracking about 1/10th the number of sales!!!!

The excuses are flying. First, I was told that it might be the one day cookie. However, many of the other merchants, including Amazon, have a one day or a zero day cookie. I can't imagine how a one-day cookie can causes sales to decrease by 90% when most of the visitors are impulse buying. Then I heard that the lack of sales tracking may be caused by KB/Etoys only paying commission on sales from First-time customers. However, nowhere in the program information at CJ does it state that! If this is the case, then it's FRAUD! Someone else also suggested that the decline was a result of batched reports and sales are only posted AFTER they are shipped. But weeks are going by with thousands of clickthroughs and only a few dozen sales [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

HELP!

To make matters even worse, I think KB/Etoys is in bed with BIZRATE.COM. I watched several people make some test sales at KB through one of my sites and at the end of the sale, a Bizrate pop-up ad appears asking the shopper to visit Bizrate.com and complete a shopping survey. Those sales still haven't shown on my commission reports. Does anyone think the bizrate.com link was put there by KB or was it a result of a previous bizrate.com cookie??? To add fuel to the fire, KB/Etoys has a strict policy of turning off commission for any merchants who violate their strict policy of not bidding at the ppc sites on KB trademark names and not including them in affiliate site url's. Yet, if you look at Overture.com you'll see that KB is allowing the following #1 listing under the extremely popular term kbtoys;

BizRate.com Superfind: Kbkids
    Stop searching and start shopping! Click here and you'll find great deals on Kbkids at the best online stores, as rated by millions of customers like you! www.bizrate.com
    (Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.15)

I'd like CJ to confirm whether or not Bizrate.com's KBToys/Etoys commission rate was turned off like everyone else who violates the agreement!!!

So here we sit, wasting the holiday season away because a once very reliable toy merchant chooses to screw us royally!!!

I've really started wondering about KBToys/eToys myself. During the month of November, we had sales reported anywhere from 1 to 5 almost daily. We have had zero sales reported for December so far. And according to CJ, the last 3 batches of sales they uploaded was 12/2, 12/3 and 12/4.

All of a sudden on 12/1, my visitors stopped buying their toys at KBToys? They're still buying them everywhere else.

Liz, if you go to KBToys' merchant detail page on CJ, it shows you the previous 3 batched dates. This is the page that gives a description of the merchant, the commission they pay, cookie duration, network performance, etc.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Linda:
    I've really started wondering about KBToys/eToys myself. During the month of November, we had sales reported anywhere from 1 to 5 almost daily. We have had zero sales reported for December so far. And according to CJ, the last 3 batches of sales they uploaded was 12/2, 12/3 and 12/4.

Same here. However, I've noticed that sales have been reported the last few days--the difference is that they're sales for the end of November. I think they're just a few days behind in their reporting, and I'm sure December sales will start to show up soon. At least I hope so.

Michael

I *reluctantly* added them because the product I was sending people to at Amazon/Toys'R'Us has gone out of stock.

If anyone knows of a different merchant I'll use 'em!

Меня зовут Динаму

The sad part is that they were a good merchant when they were with Linkshare. I understand the need to cut their expenses. But cutting off the hands that feed them is not a very intelligent business decision. I am still convinced that something unethical is going on. I was speaking with others who are loyal affiliates of KB/Etoys. We might do a mass mailing to our customer base to ask them to give us a count of how many products have been purchased so far this year. I am 100% certain that the number of sales they report will be ten times more than what CJ is showing.

TODD;

Please give us your feedback. You have to trust me that KBtoys/Etoys are scamming both CJ and its affiliates. There is no way they are performing this poorly during one of the best online holiday shopping seasons ever! Please examine your stats. Are there any publishers who are tracking an unusually higher clickthrough rates and total commission earned?? I've got a site that consistently was one of Kaybee's higher converters/earners and it's tracking 1/10th or less of what it is selling. We are both losing a ton of money!!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread