Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> SB Enterprises <ghi@sbenterprises.com> wrote:
    Hello, we have updated our Program Agreement for Affiliates. No sexual
    orientated, gambling, satanic, witchcraft, racist, violent or illegal sites
    allowed.

We have your site listed as xxxxx.com and for this reason it is not a
    valid web site.

Support
    AutoProducts

I responded:

Well, I certainly don't list the dozens of domains that I own.

For your information, I had your ad here. http://xxxxx/Automotive/index.shtml
    However, I was just using your ad as a place holder on the page where the automotive products are intended to go. So, you are certainly no big loss.

But, since I am a Wiccan and a witch, I deeply resent your decision to single out affiliate sites that represent our faith and allow other religions to advertise your products. You are saying by implication that our religion just isn't as good as others. Well, I beg to differ!!!! How dare you equate witchcraft with those other categories? We are very moral and righteous people! I suggest you educate yourself about witchcraft and what it is about. http://www.witchvox.com I am very proud of my faith. Shame on you and your company for this bigotry. This is despicable.

I will certainly remove your ad and post your e-mail in its place. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, I couldn't care less about this one.

I am going to re-do the area of the site, anyway and I doubt they would have made the cut.

But, I am offended, non-the-less.

.......I have posted their e-mail in place of their ad. Funny thing is that the site where the ad was is totally secular. They should have at least asked where the ad was if they didn't know. They should know we own dozens of domains.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

[This message was edited by SSanf on January 31, 2004 at 09:32 PM.]

I keep posting this kind of garbage because I want people to know that religious bigots do exist even in this day and age. And, they are not just harmless kooks. In this case, they are interfering with my efforts to earn a living. Mind you, that they have not eliminated all religious sites. They have singled out one religion, only. If you still feel that is OK, ask yourself how would you feel if it had read "No blacks and Jews need apply"?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I would have to say your religion is the least harmful to humans worldwide then the other crop in the news daily. Sure lloks like your was singled out as the only one in their filter.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

We are the fluff bunnies in the religious world.

And, we are environmentalists. We try to take care of Mother (Earth).

I know ...I know ..and your hard to get to vote for GWB but I'm still trying to influence you.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

LOL

I don't care what they say about you. I think you're a cutie pie.

What's the matter with these people..why on earth do they have witchcraft in with sexual
    orientated, gambling, satanic,racist, violent or illegal sites?

(fluff bunnies in the religious world)
    lol! if only people would take the time to understand Ssanf.

Sorry you have to go through this rubbish

ABW Ambassador
    SSanf,

I must agree with you on this one. If they create that type of filter, then they must make it a generality, such as "religious sites" and not specific religions.

IamJaloppy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    We are the fluff bunnies in the religious world.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

May I PLEASE, PLEASE quote you on that? Especially when my more "fundamentalist Christian" friends start spouting off their goofiness??

Made my day with that one!

================
    Gary Speer
    "The Little Affiliate Engine Who Hopes He CAN!"

Certainly you may quote it. But, I can't claim it is original. Actually, that is what Wiccans (and Druids) are often referred to, somewhat derisively, by some other Pagan paths, especially the Asatru (Viking path) which is a more testosterone imbued crowd.

I do love the Asatru and honor their deities. If I ever need a defender, there is where I would look. But, I am Wiccan and a fluff bunny.

It's almost as though they added the "W" word as an afterthought, or just for your benefit.

Terds.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

Yeah

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Can you give me more detail of who they are and which network they run on, so I can make a note to avoid giving them any airtime on my automotive sites?

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

"But Jimmy had fancy plans, and pants to match"

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>sexual orientated, gambling, satanic, witchcraft, racist, violent or illegal sites <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excluding Racism and anything illegal (and i think they misunderstand the use of satanic).

If I could find a site where we bet on naked witches and warlocks fighting it out, I would so bookmark that site.

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    Can you give me more detail of who they are and which network they run on, so I can make a note to avoid giving them any airtime on my automotive sites?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.autoproducts.com on Share A Sale

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, that's one of the most crappiest merchant sites i've ever seen. I wouldn't know where to start to rip it apart, the amazon leaks, warrantybynet leak on home page, ebooks all over the place, a link exchange banner above the fold and on and on. Pure crap.

Actually i don't think they're even a merchant, just an affiliate posing as one, lots of amazon links.

Brian you need to turn on the crap filter, how'd you let this one get in?

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on February 01, 2004 at 05:04 AM.]

Looks like they kept their old site intact from GeoCities or Angel Fire, when they bought their domain. It certainly doesn't look like a merchant's site.

Too bad SSanf, some people just don't understand, nor do they take the time to even try.

Andy

Well, it is sure annoying to be thought of as not good enough for the likes of them!!

The only reason they were there in the first place is because I have the site outlined but just don't have all the merchants done yet and I don't want totally blank pages. If I put something there it looks better than nothing. And, something has a better chance of earning a pittance than nothing when there is consolidated checks.

They were just a snatch and grab for filler.

Maybe, they need to burn a few candles for inspiration on their own internet endevors.

Guess I ought to grab the BestForeignParts feed and fill that area with something good.

SAS has also gotton a lot more merchants to choose from since I grabbed that ad.

Does anyone use CarPartsNow.com ? Do they have a data feed?

Opps, this doesn't look good. They are with SAS right now. Anything different, now?
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4056004402

[This message was edited by SSanf on February 01, 2004 at 10:19 AM.]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    Guess I ought to grab the BestForeignParts feed and fill that area with something good.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandra, I love "Fluff Bunnies" - come and play with us....

I would also love to send you a big fat check as well...

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services
    P: (305)412-3512 | C: (305)785-4524 | E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor | ICQ: 175010 | MSN: AffiliateDoctor
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com - Sign up for my newsletter, earn money!

I have notified them of the presence of this thread to give them a fair opportunity to respond.

Well, Andy, I do have the spot reserved for automotive on my site and I am getting better at WebMerge, so I will move this area of you-know-where higher on the "to do" list. I am getting faster daily and getting that list much smaller, now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We are the fluff bunnies in the religious world.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you've ever seen Monty Python's In search of the holy grail... you will know how truly dangerous a fluffy little bunny can be.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

Oh, yeah! Maybe, that's why they call us "fluff bunnies". Y'a think? I never thought of it that way. LOL

ABW Ambassador
    As a 'Christian' (I use that term loosely) myself I have more respect for many Wiccans than members of my own faith...especially certain hard-line faiths that place themselves on pedastals and then secretly violate every tenet of their own belief...sometimes with children.

And to make that kind of distinction based on religion or faith borders on illegal, not just unethical.

Affiliate-Blog.com

If an automotive merchant isn't posting at ABW they get none of our business. We already have some great choices from pro-affiliate merchants and the others can die on the vine or pay Adwords and Overture.

Mike & Charlie ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast