Results 1 to 5 of 5
May 4th, 2009, 02:07 PM #1
How do I get a url for a blog ?
- Join Date
- March 31st, 2008
I want to have a blog with its own identity. How do I get one ?
May 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM #2Originally Posted by the limit is past the sky
Not being sure, really, about what you want and what you mean by some url that will give you a blog -- but here goes:
1. Pick a domain name for your blog and register that domain.
2. Find a webhosting company and sign up for a hosting plan.
3. Either use the blogging software setup feature furnished by your webhost, or install your own blog software. Most web hosts offer a feature called "Fantastico" that will walk you through installing WordPress blogging software very easily. If not, move on to step 4.
4. Go to wordpress.org and download the latest WordPress blogging software to your computer (the software is free and it's terrific).
5. Upload the WordPress software to your website, follow installation instructions.
6. You now have a blog.
NOTE: You also can go to wordpress.com or blogspot.com and they will let you sign up and create a blog. However, I assumed when you said "a blog with its own identity," you meant setting up your own blog instead of simply getting a subdomain name on wordpress.com or blogspot.com.Generate more fake news.
May 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM #3
Did this post remind anyone else of The Office where Jim sets up a blog for Creed that is actually just a word doc that says "Creed's Blog" at the top?
May 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM #4Originally Posted by affninja
May 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM #5
- Join Date
- June 18th, 2006
- The Call is coming from Inside the House!
By TeamCasey in forum Blogging, Mobile and Social MediaReplies: 18Last Post: December 30th, 2009, 01:57 PM