linkshare reports down?
    i am getting cound not connect to remote server http://analytics1.linksynergy.com/ for any report in my account for couple of days now. Does anybody else having the same problem? Is Linkshare aware of it?

I have had problems throughout the day today. I could not run reports this morning. They worked sometime during the middle of the day. I just checked and the reports are not working right now.

I find it amazing that a large affiliate network - one that considers themselves to be number 1, and which boast several major advertisers - would operate for months on end without reporting capability. It's almost a joke. I long resisted joining, mostly because I don't like to have to join multiple networks and the handful I have already joined seemed to be enough. However, I finally decided that I wanted to join because of a specific merchant with both inventory and low prices for some key products (products I current feature on Amazon).

So, this morning I took the plunge. Joined LinkShare and applied to two merchants; the one I particularly wanted, and another that has long been a possibility but was not worth joining a new network for (Itunes).

Everything went smoothly (well, that is ignoring the "mixed secure and non-secure" warning during signup which I complained about two years ago - I see they don't care), but of course I was greeted with the "report servers too busy" message.

It is difficult to believe that this company has a serious desire to grow their business. I may or may not even add links, as it is important for me to see the activity (vs. Amazon) and without reports I can't know what is happening.

Very disappointing.

I check reports in Linkshare every morning and they work almost all of the time. Yesterday was unusual. They are working fine for me right now.

Well, you are the first person to say they work most of the time! I hope I share your experience. However, it was this morning, after I signed up, that I got the messages. Time will tell. I won't start placing links to LinkShare advertisers unless the reporting program works with some regularity. I'd be changing programs, from one that does decently, and I am not going to do that if I can't follow what is happening. But I will be happy to report back that it's working adequately. I hope it will.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread