Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Arrow Twitter Clients
    What's the latest add on that you've found for twitter and what do you like about them?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

http and a telephoto
    I'm starting to dislike Twitter "Addons" as much as I dislike FaceBook Apps. I am starting to get email spam from some of the new Twitter apps and will be "outing" those shortly. Also, be careful of the apps that are asking for your Twitter password. Yes, some need it, but do you really want to give your passwords to every Tom, Dick and Harry that has developed an app?

Be aware, be careful, use a password for your Twitter accounts that you *don't use* for the rest of your logins and change it frequently.

As for the things I *do* trust and use:
    TwitterFeed
    Twirl (sometimes)
    Tweetdeck (should use more, too much time to set up when you already have a large number of followers)
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I use power twitter instead of using twitter on the web. takes a second or more to load the page but I can see videos and pics without clicking on a link.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I'm getting emails that say xyz is folllowing you on twitter.

What if anything am I supposed to do?

Ignore
    reply and follow them?

I'm new at it.

It's generally a "courtesy" thing to follow those who follow you -- but by no means required. I usually take a look at their Twitter page to see what I can find out about them, about their website if they've listed one, and what sort of Tweets they generally are doing. Then I decide whether or not to follow them back.
    Generate more fake news.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan367
    I'm getting emails that say xyz is folllowing you on twitter.

What if anything am I supposed to do?

Ignore
    reply and follow them?

I'm new at it.
    There are 3 podcasts here at Team Loxly about getting started with Twitter (One with James Martell is one hour, but he is an excellent interviewer, the other 2 are about 20 mins each).

Who you follow depends on what you want to accomplish. You can follow everyone that follows you (on my main account I do not, on some of my site accounts I do) or you can be selective. If you want to engage in conversation (which is what Twitter is about) you don't want to follow people that you wouldn't want to "talk" to.

I don't advocate auto-following, auto-dming people that follow you or just following without checking. And if you wait a day or so after getting the emails, the "spam" accounts usually get closed before you have a chance to go look, and have to decide to follow or not.
    Deborah Carney

I like splitweet.com because I have a couple accounts and it lets me tweet from both of them without having to log in and out all the time.

I also like monitter.com which allows you to search topics you are interested in and monitor them in real-time.

Regarding following people, tweetdeck enables you to separate your followers into groups, which makes it easier to follow more people and not take away from your twitter experience.

ABW Ambassador
    Renamed thread and bumping.

Just to see if anything new is happening, any good stuff out there. I'm trying TweetDeck for the first time. I like that I can add a Twitter account and a Facebook account and MySpace if you want. But can't believe you can only add 1 Twitter account, so far as I know. I've seen other people wanting this capability. I guess you can do this with others out there?

http and a telephoto
    Twirl lets you be logged into multiple accounts.
    Deborah Carney

Twitterific also lets you add multiple accounts. I have it on my iPhone. I don't even know if they have a PC version...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    I just deleted it. Too much of a distraction, got work to do. Hear a little beep or pop up and found myself constantly checking it. Don't need to read that stuff every few minutes. Once or twice a day is enough for me.

http and a telephoto
    Yeah, I stopped using TweetDeck too. I just check it on the web. That way I see what I want when I want.
    Deborah Carney

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    thanks for the mention of twirl and twitterific - i have twitterific on my iphone but still trying to figure out how to DM and such properly as it's not all that obvious. I have been using tweetdeck for a whilte now and don't like their new alerts that were added in a recent upgrade. I also just got a new netbook that only has 1 gig ram and I can totally notice when it checks because everything else temporarily freezes - not good when it checks every couple of minutes. I have heard it is a resource hog. off to check out twirl!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread