Does CJ still deactivate if no sales?
    In the past, CJ deactivated an account if there were no sales within a 6-month period. I lost accounts twice because I wasn't very active, which was annoying because I had to start over.

My current account, which has been active for a couple of years, has been slow on sales recently despite steady traffic. I am currently promoting several merchants across several websites. However, my last actual sale had an 'event date' of 10 December 2008.

Does CJ still deactivate accounts for which there are no sales in a 6-month period (even if there are ongoing clicks to the merchants)?

Since I'm closing in on the 6-month period, I'm wondering if I need to take some action to try to ensure my account won't be deactivated.

Susan

yes they do. But you can send them e-mail and ask to reactivate your account again...
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

they will activate each time if you email them...i have done it twice

sounds like a pain in the rear why dont you check out ndemand affiliates we would never do something like that

It must be new that they will reactivate you. When I had accounts closed in the past (2), not only would they not reactivate, but you can never again sign up with that email address.

I did write to them to see if I can avoid being deactivated since my account shows obvious activity (click-thrus) despite a lack of sales, and their response was to make a purchase through one of my own links.

I have now tried to generate two commissionable leads via my own links and, while the click-thru has registered, the lead has not been credited for either one. Makes me wonder if some of those other click-thrus have generated sales that I'm not being credited for.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by csm
    I have now tried to generate two commissionable leads via my own links and, while the click-thru has registered, the lead has not been credited for either one. Makes me wonder if some of those other click-thrus have generated sales that I'm not being credited for.

Susan
    Did you actually make a purchase or was it just a Name and adress lead that you put in? I would actually make a purchase and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ladidah
    Did you actually make a purchase or was it just a Name and adress lead that you put in? I would actually make a purchase and see what happens.
    They were two dating site leads, where one had to complete a free profile. I live abroad, so was trying to avoid making a tangible purchase.

Susan

I was recently deactivate (March 2009) and all I had to do was click on a link to reactivate. The onscreen message said I would have to reapply to all my previous programs but that wasn't true. Everyhting remained as is was before the deactivation.

If you have any earnings in your account, under the minimum for payout, they will confiscate them (as a "fee"). I was deactivated on April 1 and did reactivate, but my puny earnings had been taken. Sometimes one identifies a merchant that makes sense, as I had with CJ, but I didn't have the time right away to start promoting it. I don't have time to play their games; there are much better programs out there.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread