Suppressed by address or domain?
    Hey Everyone,

I have been using Sugar CRM to send out our weekly Newsletter and wanted to know if anyone could tell me what Suppressed by address or domain means.

Regards,

Without context, the phrase has no meaning.

If it's an option within your software, then it probably allows you to create a "black list" of domains and IP addresses that should never be included in your outgoing emails. (For example, I sometimes request that companies add my domain "markwelch-dot-com" to their suppression lists, because I don't want to see any emails from any of their employees or clients.) Read the documentation.

If it's part of a "bounce" message you receive after sending emails, then it probably means that your domain and/or IP address have been flagged as a "spam source" (or worse) and your emails are not being accepted or read.

I have several layers of spam filtering, but to my knowledge NONE of them send a "bounce" message to alert spammers that they have been blacklisted; instead, some layers simply reject all email from certain IP addresses, while others simply delete all email containing certain wording (including thousands of domain names) so that I never even see them.

2 reasons that I can think of that will cause Sugar to flag a recipient this way is if there is a duplicate address or the recipient has opted out of a previous campaign. Check Sugars forum for more reasons, it's been a while since I've played with it.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    2 reasons that I can think of that will cause Sugar to flag a recipient this way is if there is a duplicate address or the recipient has opted out of a previous campaign. Check Sugars forum for more reasons, it's been a while since I've played with it.

-rematt
    I think you are right about duplicates. I have found affiliates who have signed up twice which makes sense. Thank you for your help.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread