TheNerds.net tracking issue
    I'm quite certain that there have been close to $700 sales through my site to thenerds but I didnt see any of those track.

I have done a test transaction about 30 minutes ago and it hasnt yet tracked but CJ generally takes about 1-2 hours before it shows up in realtime report so will know soon.

Anyone else having tracking issues or can anyone confirm their recent transactions tracked properly through them?

I just discovered a problem with the ShareASale datafeed for TheNerds.net, and attempted to email them using the SAS interface. This resulted in a "bounce" message (their email address "affiliates-at-thenerds.net" is not valid).

A few weeks ago, I received an email from an agency which said it manages the CJ program for TheNerds.net; I've emailed them to ask if they also manage the SAS program for TheNerds.net. I actually hope they say "no," because if they are managing the SAS program, they're not demonstrating much competence.

Does anyone have a valid contact for an in-house affiliate manager at TheNerds.net?

ShareASale support replied to me that they contacted the AM for TheNerds.net, who promised to fix the email issue.

However, the whole reason I was writing to them was because the datafeed for TheNerds.net is very badly out-of-date. It was "Last Updated: 02/09/2009" (four months ago, which is an eternity for tech products).

It appears to me that the majority of prices are no longer accurate. Often the prices have dropped, but in too many cases the prices have increased, and many other items are "out of stock."

This morning, I spoke with their OPM (Evan Weber) who indicated that the company is aware of the datafeed issues and intend to address them.

For now, I am dropping all products from TheNerds.net from my database -- until they can demonstrate that they can deliver an accurate, up-to-date datafeed.

SQL: "DELETE FROM datafeeds WHERE ((network_name = 'sas') AND (merchant_id = 8297))"

Deleted rows: 159245
    Last edited by markwelch; June 5th, 2009 at 12:52 PM.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread