I found this site with free utilities while searching on Google for something else and I decided to share the link.

1 - StartupRun v1.20 (strun.exe) Only 26KB

Starting from version 1.10, StartupRun displays that list of "Browser Helper Objects" that are installed on your system. If there is any "Browser Helper Object" that you don't know what it does, I recommend you to disable it, especially if you experience some strange browsing problems. The "Company" and the "Product Name" fields can help you to identify the application behind the installed BHO.

For each application, additional information is displayed: [Read more on the site.]

This utility can work in all 32-bit Windows operating systems: Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.

2 - IEHistoryView v1.20 Only 33KB

Most URLs that you visit are saved in the History folder. However, Internet Explorer also saves the last 25 URLs that you typed in the following Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs
    By default, IEHistoryView doesn't display the URLs list from the Registry, but you can change this setting by choosing the "Display Typed URLs" option under the View menu. [Read more on the site.]

Viewing Older History Information
    In some circumstances, Internet Explorer saves some older history information in subfolders located under the main history folder. Starting from version 1.20, you can view the history information stored in these subfolders by using the 'Select History Subfolder' option in the File menu. [Read more on the site.]

This utility works on any version of Windows operating system with Internet Explorer version 4.00 or greater.

NOTE: This is one of the best utility that I personally liked the most, the first time I use it, I found hidden URLs that I visited over 3 years ago even after I always had cleaned my history files at least once a day. Not only that my computer run faster now after I deleted about 3,000 URLs that where hidden from view but I also found a few of good URLs that I had visited before and forget to bookmark at that time.

3 - IECookiesView v1.50 (iecv.exe) Only 80KB

IECookiesView is a small utility that displays the details of all cookies that Internet Explorer stores on your computer. In addition, It allows you to do the following actions: [Read more on the site.]

This link goes to where they list all the free utilities, if you backtrack on the link and or go to the original site, you will get a Gator cookie, so I advise you to disable or set to prompt your ActiveX controls and the Scripting of Java applets.

The 3 utilities that I mention here, I downloaded it yesterday and after checking and re-checking, using and reusing all 3, I have not found any negative effects on my computer, by the contrary I found these 3 utilities very very useful so I decided to post it here since I know that somebody will like them.

I must work on my pages, search engines are coming soon.

ABW Ambassador

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread