Newbie Question About Linking to Merchant's Individual Products
    I'm stuck on how to link to a merchant's individual products.
    Do you have to call the merchant and ask to be able to set up the individual links?
    In CJ in seems like you get the text and banner links only, and some merchants don't allow you to link to individual products.
    What I'm planning on doing is to set up several Conduit mini sites and to feature about 20 products on each site.
    I'm sorry to ask such as basic question, but I'm really confused.
    Thanks

Not all merchants give access to individual links.
    You can tell if a CJ merchant allows product links by looking at the information about that merchant -- at the side you will see if product links are available or not.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It has always amazed me that merchants would set up an affiliate program and not have individual product links.

Most CJ merchants do have individual product links, and it seems that new merchants often do not have them available when they join CJ, but add them later on.
    "Do you have to call the merchant and ask to be able to set up the individual links?"
    If a CJ merchant does not have individual product links available, it is because they do not want affiliates using them, and calling would not be successful.

Google Affiliate Network merchants usually have the BYOL (Build Your Own Links) feature, and Linkshare merchants usually have product links available and/or the "Linkbuillder" feature, where you can build links to any product on their site.

The best network that I have seen for individual product links, however, is Shareasale. Their "Create a Custom Link to a Page" lets you build links for any product on any joined merchant site.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

http and a telephoto
    SAS Custom links also only work to merchants that have them enabled. Most do. It's the exception that they don't, but always test your custom link after you create it to be sure it works.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    SAS Custom links also only work to merchants that have them enabled. Most do. It's the exception that they don't, but always test your custom link after you create it to be sure it works.
    Wow, I didn't know that. I assumed that being able to create a custom link automatically meant it would work.

I usually DO test them, but now I'll make it a habit to ALWAYS test 'em. Thanks.
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks
    Thanks so much for your help.
    I agree that it does seem odd some merchants will only allow you to put up a banner or text links.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread