Need help in choosing merchants for international site
    Hello,
    I run a website targeting the international B2B community -- most of visitors are companies and professionals involved in international business activities.

Although most of traffic is from North America, a relevant share of it is from Asia and Europe.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to monetize this site, especially advice on:
    1. merchants/products that could better performing with this audience;
    2. which networks (or merchants) are specifically targeting Asian markets.

I am not based in North America, however there is an abundance of resources (and merchants) on the net helping me to deal with the North American market.
    My main concern is about how to deal with the traffic from Europe and in particular from Asia. I'm afraid I will not able to locate good merchants for this market.

Thanks

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    just off the cuff - how bout products/services that would be relevant to business' where geography doesn't matter - example software, hosting,domain registration etc

FriendlyPlanetTravel, from what I learned about Asian users visiting my websites -- mainly businesses -- they opt for local/regional vendors when it comes to software, hosting, domain registration -- prices and law restrictions are factors. So I definitely need merchants/network targeting Asia markets.

Basically, I guess I would mostly need merchants operating in industries such as global shipping, international finance (banks etc...), services for companies involved in international business (services for trade fairs etc...).

However I wonder, are they included in the traditional networks?
    Could anybody suggest me some of them?

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by federico09
    Basically, I guess I would mostly need merchants operating in industries such as global shipping, international finance (banks etc...), services for companies involved in international business (services for trade fairs etc...).

Thanks a lot.
    maybe you can check affiliate network's financial category... but i'm not sure if you can find something will fit for you.. You are looking for very specific program... good luck.
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

Worldwide business hotels/resorts/convention centers?

Or maybe an online meeting service like WebEx?
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Adsense ?

I think AdSense is the best option for him...
    Serkan Kutlubay
    myhosting.com - Affiliate Manager
    serkank/[@]/softcom.com
    myhosting: Private Forum, Shareasale, CJ, high commission, parasite free - Join Now!

Thanks to everybody.
    I have tried AdSense for a few years now, but I found it performing very poorly.
    Worldwide business hotels/resorts/convention centers? Or maybe an online meeting service like WebEx?
    Yes, that is an idea. However I need merchants not targeting specific regions only. I mean, merchants offering affiliate links that are "global", so I can get commissions regardless of region/country users performing actions are from.

Now, I'd like to share some of the stats of my website. I'd appreciate if anybody of you would provide suggestions on how better monetizing its traffic.

- Un. vis. : 1400-1500/day
    - 40% from U.S., 40% from Asia, 20% from Europe and other regions.
    - page views: 8000-9000/day
    - content is about "B2B international business" (not including forum, b.boards and similar)

How much (reasonably) would you expect to get from it?
    I have invested a lot of resources in it. I have also tailored pages to integrate and partially custom some merchant data feed in it (with lot of work by developers) only to find it converting very poorly.
    So, I am seriously considering to give up.

Any opinion would be strongly appreciated.
    Thanks

Have you applied to all of the affiliate networks yet..? I have 50% international traffic (diff niche tho), some experience in this.

Most networks have international divisions (Webgains & Zanox in particular have strong intl presence), with global & regional merchants.

It took some research for me to find the merchants that fit the requirements (ie. international shipping, etc), but once I figured it out, I tailored the links on the appropriate pages.

You have to start with the network, drill down to the merchants that fit, then determine the commission eligibility. I have found some stores use one affiliate link across the board, but my best merchant splits US & Intl (unfortunately).

My advice is to start with the networks, review their merchants, and ask the right questions..

Hope this helps

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    FriendlyPlanetTravel, from what I learned about Asian users visiting my websites -- mainly businesses -- they opt for local/regional vendors when it comes to software, hosting, domain registration -- prices and law restrictions are factors. So I definitely need merchants/network targeting Asia markets.
    What parts of Asia? I can give suggestions but "Asia" isn't a target audience. You need to have a far better idea of what nations are driving your visitors to get a better idea of what offers you need to present to them.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Most networks have international divisions (Webgains & Zanox in particular have strong intl presence), with global & regional merchants.
    I joined Webgains. It offers multilanguage support and seems a global network, but merchants I found there seem mostly targeting UK market only.
    I had a quick look to Zanox. It seems a bit better.
    What parts of Asia? I can give suggestions but "Asia" isn't a target audience.
    Chris you're right. Most of my Asian visitors are from China (80%).

Could anybody suggest pay-per-click networks alternative to Google Adsense where even non-US citizens can join?

Also, are there around networks paying per impressions and willing to accept websites like mine (see my website's stats listed in one of my previous posts)

Thanks everybody for your help

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    There are several affiliate networks in China, I would recommend checking out these guys : http://www.clickvalue.cn/, their merchants cover a wide range of revenue opportunities.

Also please drop an email to Michel @ amwso.com, Michel handles our Asia campaigns and I believe we may have some targeting China at this time.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

For List of China Affiliate Networks

try out
    http://sunsss.com/china/index.htm

I would recommend checking out these guys : clickvalue.cn/, their merchants cover a wide range of revenue opportunities
    Unfortunately their website is in Chinese only.
    For List of China Affiliate Networks try out...
    Vrindavan, I checked all the list of networks targeting China suggested in that page. I found only one of them is in English and accepting non-China websites. It is chinesean.com

Any reviews or experiences about this affiliate network?

>> chinesean

i am not with them,
    so the only way is to ask other Chinese affiliates.

For English, try
    Zanox, plus
    Adsmarket China too.
    Not sure if you can work on their Chinese offers from Adsmarket English site.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread