Question Running PHPProBid on localhost?
    Hey guys,

I am trying to setup PHPProBid on localhost to start building my auction site. I have the installed the newest PHP, Apache, and MySQL and all are running fine.

Here is the problem, when I run the install.php it starts fine and I am able to connect to my newly created database fine, however when I get to the step that it builds all of the fields in the database it just freezes up, stops progressing in other words. Even though it freezes up, if I keep clicking the "Next Query" link it still creates the entries in the database, but when it gets to the next page, the "Final" page, it gives a "page can not be displayed error". So, I'm thinking even though the fields are being created in the database that something isn't get setup right.

To test I tried to register an account running the register.php to do so. After I put in all of the information and click register it just resets the register page to its default entries and it does not send any information to the database. I am using Internet Explorer 6 and it is not generating any errors when this happens. I am also using Microsoft Expressions Web 2.0 for editing.

This is the first time I have worked with a website for 7+ years and I am trying to get back into the swing of things. This is the first time I have worked with PHP, so it may be just something small I am overlooking.

Thanks,
    Jason

Hmm, 30 views and no replies?

Has anyone setup PHPProBid before, or did I just post this in the wrong place?

I'm open for suggestions if someone knows of better auction scripts also.

Thanks,
    Jason

Jason,

Your best bet is to ask for support directly from the script source - phpprobid.com/client/login.php
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

You've already asked this same question in another thread and was told what to do - see the last post in that thread. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=119309

Starting several threads with the same question is not going to get you any more answers than one thread.

It could get you in trouble here though by starting several threads with the same question.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Jeez, I just put it in the coding thread too because I wasn't sure which section it would get the best response.

Guess no one has any experience with this to share.

Later

Did you try here - they have their own forum for users of the product.

http://www.phpprobidforum.com/forum/index.php

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Yea, I created an account there today, but I don't think it is fully activated yet.

It gives me this message when I try to go anywhere on the site:"Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."

I just figured that someone here might know about PHPProBid installation while I was waiting for this message to go away.

That is fine though, I will just wait until I can get onto their forum.

Thanks guys,
    Jason

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread