My understanding is that I was supposed to receive a 1099 from any business that paid me more than $600 for affiliate sales. Is this correct?

Oddly, I have not received any. For CJ merchants, do they send them out individually or does CJ send out a single one?

I'm mostly just curious. I use the cash method of accounting and I'm reporting everything, so whether I get a 1099 really doesn't matter to me. Besides, in the event of an audit, I've got records and bank statements to prove when the checks were received.

If what you say is true

You should be in great shape...

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

ABW Ambassador
    Sweat--

Same thing here--not a single 1099 to date. Maybe they have a hard time finding their way to Utah.

But, like you, I have a spreadsheet (and copies of deposits) so I know exactly how much I made last year. No big deal if I don't receive 1099s. At least as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, you practically have to beg sometimes to get one. A few years back, I had to ask Barnes and Noble at least 4 times to send it to me.

Last year, my 1099 from Performics arrived on April 16th.

Michael

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    1099s are supposed to be sent I believe by this Monday, Feb 2.... so don't be suprised if you haven't received any quite yet.

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

CJ just sends one. Linkshare just sends one. BeFree merchants all send theirs individually (or at least are supposed to).

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

So far, the only merchant to get me one is Circuit City. I've gotten them as late as April before, unfortunately, from the occasional lagging store.

I received one in NOVEMBER last year (yes, for 2002--over ten months late). Usually most are in by February, though.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Actually Michael, Befree merchants only send them for each merchant if they pay directly. If they utilize the Befree payment system, Befree sends you one for all of those...

Just so that is clear to everone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    CJ just sends one. Linkshare just sends one. BeFree merchants all send theirs individually (or at least are supposed to).

Michael Coley
    http://www.amazing-bargains.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    We've received them from google (of course still no check though), Performics, Fastclick, and a few independent. Yes, per IRS code they were supposed to be sent out already.

Another side note, make sure your records are in line with the amount on the 1099. We have one company that said we made $900 more than we did, and I don't intend to pay those extra taxes on income I didn't earn. It is very easy to make those kind of mistakes, so just watch for it.

Robin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Survey Man:
    Actually Michael, Befree merchants only send them for each merchant if they pay directly. If they utilize the Befree payment system, Befree sends you one for all of those...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I've always received separate ones from each merchant. When BeFree cuts checks for merchants, they "cobrand" the check to make it look like it's coming from the merchant. Then they make the merchants send out 1099's. At least that's the way it's been in the past.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread