Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Done with affiliate marketing
    I'm giving up affiliate marketing. I work very hard at it but I only make $50 - $75 a day. At first I thought this was great because, Hey, this is the internet and all I need to do is do this 5 times and I'll make $250-$375 a day. However, in practice, this proved to be much like squeezing blood from a stone.

I just want to thank everyone here who has helped me. This was my main resource, especially whenever CJ acted up. My Etsy store is doing surprisingly well but takes a lot more work as I have to make my dresses very high in quality so I am concentrating on that and my receptionist job. My boyfriend got laid off a couple of months ago and lost his apartment so he has been living with me. I wish he would help out with my biz but he won't even put his dishes in the sink Hahaha.

Anyway, Thanks to you all and I wish you the best of luck and good fortune.

ABW Ambassador
    Only 3 months here at ABW and you call it quits?

ABW Ambassador
    Why would you quit? Of course it is difficult. Quitting isn't the answer though.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    I certainly feel your pain. Sadly, $50-$75 per day would be considered successful by me.

ABW Ambassador
    My boyfriend got laid off a couple of months ago and lost his apartment so he has been living with me. I wish he would help out with my biz but he won't even put his dishes in the sink Hahaha.
    Get rid of your lazy boyfriend not affiliate marketing!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Get rid of your lazy boyfriend not affiliate marketing!
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

$50-$75/day is very respectable, unless your costs are quite high..?

We obviously don't know the full story, but you were on the right path if you were earning $2000/month on affiliate marketing!

You should be more proud of what you had accomplished!

If you are making sales on a daily basis, you are already FAR ahead of the masses. Stick with it, even if it's not your main focus. Over time it may develop in to something you can do on a full time basis. If not, a couple $$ a day coming in certainly can't hurt.
    Eric Tyler
    Eric [at] FinancialNetworkPro [dot] com
    [URL=http://financialnetworkpro.com]http://financialnetworkpro.com[/URL]

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    Three months and clipping at 18k-27k/year ? Sounds like a good start to me. Just wait till 3rd and 4th Q of year and when you have more exerience. Gotta believe upside is more financially rewarding than receptionist job.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyPlanetTravel
    Three months and clipping at 18k-27k/year ? Sounds like a good start to me. Just wait till 3rd and 4th Q of year and when you have more exerience. Gotta believe upside is more financially rewarding than receptionist job.
    I did a double take on that broke out my calculator and .. gosh it's right up there isn't it $50-$75 a day is a rather extra nice income!!

Stick to affiliate marketing. You are off to a great start. Find a new boyfriend and you will be off to another great start.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

If I made $50-$75 a day in my first year I would have been very happy. I been at this 5 years now and I can say it has only been within the last years that the "Lights Went On" and I figured out how to make some good $$$ and this is my second income so I had the time to learn and take it slow.

So if what you say is true do not give up maybe just do this parttime and also find another source of income while to build up your income from affiliate marketing.....

Actually, it's been 6 years. I signed up here when I was desperately trying to save my sinking ship. Last year was a little better and I had less expenses, the years before that were great but this market is very fluid as you all know. I need to pay the bills.

PS you all got me thinking about how my boyfriend is getting a free ride. I think I need to get my house in order

PSS Oh, the merchants that I do best with are Jo-ann.com and Shop.NBC and gotomeeting. I'm not worried about competition anymore so have at it.

15 years and counting
    Time are difficult for everybody. I had a look at the traffic of the top 100 affiliates sites. All (but two) have lost over 10% traffic these last three months. People are buying again, I'm sure the traffic will come back.
    Don't shut down your affiliate sites. I've some still bringing me income after several years with no maintenance.

You know what's best for yourself but have to agree with the others.

"I certainly feel your pain. Sadly, $50-$75 per day would be considered successful by me."

I'd say an awful lot of us feel that way. As you said tho, if your Etsy store is doin well, concentrate on that You have option to do that and keep what you're doin part time at least with your affiliate stuff.

Either way, whatever you do, please don't feel as tho what you've accomplished as an affiliate hasn't been well. Think you've done great with it Wish ya all the best with what ya decide to do.

and......psssst definitely agree with the others. ummm don't know your boyfriend and may be you feel he's got a whole lotta other things about him that more than make up for the ummm not so great but he definitely shouldn't be sittin on his butt Either he changes that attitude reaaaaaal quick or find yourself another. You don't deserve that type of attitude.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DressesByDaisy
    I'm giving up affiliate marketing. I work very hard at it but I only make $50 - $75 a day.
    I'd be very happy with $50-75/day.

you make more than most people who are VERY active here. In fact, I know for a FACT that you make ( if you really DO make ) more than some of the most RESPECTED affiliate marketers.....heck with that amount of income you might win affiliate of the year next year!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I see where you are coming from - you have a business that is taking off and requires more of your time.

But you can automate much of your affiliate sales with self-updating scripts or datafeeds. You probably won't do as well, but you can still make a bit of money. Another thing to consider is adding content to your affiliate sites and monetizing with contextual ads - this is almost completely hands off and can bring in a consistent side income. And the added content could even boost your traffic.

I generally never get rid of sites unless they are in the red. But since my expense for many of my sites is $9/yr, that does not happen too often.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Hey if your making that much i would say quit...let the rest of us in on that cut lol!

Personally, I wouldn't advise anyone to put all their eggs in the Etsy basket. Etsy has plans to go public. When / if that happens, they'll more than likely go down the same path that ebay has, raising fees, alienating sellers, and ruthlessly making decisions that only please shareholders.

I wish you all the best with whatever you decide.

Earlier today, I started to compose a lengthy reply, but after noting the merchants offered as examples of this person's "best performers" (post #13 in this thread), I became very skeptical -- this almost feels like a "troll" or "sock puppet" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    Earlier today, I started to compose a lengthy reply, but after noting the merchants offered as examples of this person's "best performers" (post #13 in this thread), I became very skeptical -- this almost feels like a "troll" or "sock puppet" thread.
    Hah, this happened to me also. A customer wrote, looking for a certain type of ring but none of my merchants had anything like it. I said I would look around, however, she wrote back immediately, excited about how she found amazingly just found it at "X" online. After that, she sent nearly a dozen letters extolling the virtures of this store and their selection of merchandise. I finally figured it out, but didn't bite. It was a parasite-ridden vendor.
    Rene
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    You think Jo-ann fabrics, nbc, and gotomeeting were behind this thread? Or perhaps just one of these three?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by DressesByDaisy
    PS you all got me thinking about how my boyfriend is getting a free ride. I think I need to get my house in order
    If this board helps you with nothing else, it will be worth it.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    You think Jo-ann fabrics, nbc, and gotomeeting were behind this thread? Or perhaps just one of these three?
    they may have been the reasons she's giving up . . . I know there have been complaints earlier about joann. com reversing large orders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast