Exclamation How much will it cost to outsource to have my own blog with all the works ?
    How much will it cost to outsource to have my own blog with all my works for a freelancer to do it ?

Affiliate Manager FriendlyPlanetTravel's Avatar
    Our freelance IT guy used the same blog software that Obama used. Software is almost free - set up was time consuming but has all the bells and whistles. We are using part of it at our blog (has forum capabilities and a lot more which we are still integrating) If interested send me contact info and I will forward to him.

Wordpress.org is free to download. You need a domain name and web hosting that can handle Wordpress (HostGator is my favorite for this). If you use HostGator or another web hosting co. that has Cpanel with Fantastico or SimpleScripts the Wordpress installation takes about 30 seconds and you can do it from the control panel.

From there you can pick from literally 1,000s of free Wordpress themes (just download and install via FTP) or you can hire a freelance Wordpress designer to give an existing theme a custom look or create a custom theme for you.

The pricing will vary based on what you need - anywhere from $300-3,000 depending on the caliber of designer, your functionality needs, and such.

The best out of the box themes I have used (I am one of these Wordpress designers) are from StudioPress.com, iThemes.com and DIYThemes.com. They are premium themes costing less than $100, but are worth every penny because they are well coded, easy to customize, and they have support forums.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by KeystrokesDesign
    From there you can pick from literally 1,000s of free Wordpress themes (just download and install via FTP) or you can hire a freelance Wordpress designer to give an existing theme a custom look or create a custom theme for you.
    Depending on how quickly you are planning on setting up your site, the new version (2.8) of WordPress is scheduled to be released later this month. Once that's out, you won't even need to use FTP to install new themes. You'll be able to do it directly from the admin control panel the same way you install plugins.
    Eric Tyler
    Eric [at] FinancialNetworkPro [dot] com
    [URL=http://financialnetworkpro.com]http://financialnetworkpro.com[/URL]

How much will it cost to outsource to have my own blog with all my works for a freelancer to do it ?
    Whatever you are willing to pay someone else to do something that anyone can do. If you start looking I'm sure you'll find people ready to take payment for setting up a blog. If you aren't quite sure of what to expect as results you will probably find twice as many.

Spend a few hours checking out more information before you invite bids.

try elance.com or another freelance service and find someone who can do the work for you. You'll pay anywhere from $50 to a few hundred.

http://www.google.com/search?q=freel...ient=firefox-a
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Hi, I am willing to work for you
    Hi,
    I can setup wordpress blog for you, I will even post quality articles and submit your blog to social networking sites. If you want I will evn submit the articles to ezine articles, all in all I will take care of everything as far as content and promotion goes. Please get in touch.

It all depends on that quality of the blogger you choose. I chose to outsource my blog and it cost me slightly under $2,000, you can find people cheaper than that, but they will be less skilled.

wordpress
    and its FREE!!!

What you need to know is how to SEO your blog......

We've done a few turnkey Wordpress blogs for friends and such, and usually charge $200-300. That includes installation of the site, a customized theme, full SEO optimization, setup of key plugins, integration with social media sites, etc.

It's not hard to setup your own site, but setting up a site that will generate traffic, now that's another story.

Talking Getting a cheap blog
    My advice would be to use Yola or a service like it, that allows you to use a predesigned template, and upgrade to a professional domain. It's easy - drag and drop, and you can add widgets, a store, and so on very easily.

Then, I would hire a freelancer to write your content, which is the biggest headache in setting up a blog - getting good, keyword dense, but still useable writing! Look for freelancers who are native English speakers, not simply the cheapest, and make sure they know how to add hyperlinks to your posts and so on.

You can conceivably have the blog set up for around $20, and blog posts at $3 a piece.

Around here, to have a freelancer set up a blog runs anywhere between $250-$1000 depending if you want to have them use something like Blogger.com or Word Press. This includes both set-up and teaching you how to maintain the site yourself. And from that point, I've seen anywhere from about $20-50/hr. for maintenance/blog posting.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread