Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Only $17 so far for May
    Doesn't look like I'm alone:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Eba...Else/510096921

I finally thought epn got it's stuff together ~ silly me.
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

Same situation here

It's only about 10-15% of where it should be.

I've got to take a long look at how I'm presenting them, especially coding. I've changed nothing but haven't registered even one visitor for over a week.

I'm down quite a bit this month as well, although nowhere near some of the people reporting poor earnings.

Setting March 1-10 as 100%, April 1-10 was 93.6%, and May 1-10 is at 71.8%.

Looks like we're heading into summer (a traditionally down period).
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

No doubt about it. The economy is hurting Ebay and Ebay's endless nickle and dime routines aren't helping any.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

My April was down about 40%
    This month looks about the same so far.
    In fairness, I moved to a different server and have had some problems.
    Also got Google-slapped on one of my better sites in late March.
    Looks like at least in my case it can be attributed directly to traffic....
    All other stats are about the same as last year.

I'm down about 20%-30% from where I was at this time in the last three months.

I'm in the process of reevaluating how I can make my EPN sites more content/pre-sell oriented. I have a lot of things to improve -- and too many sites. Probably I'll shed a few of those in the next month so I can focus on making the ones that are doing well do better.
    Generate more fake news.

May is still awful for me. I am getting sales, but virtually no new signups.
    Something is definitely wrong over at EPN.

Just got this....
    There was an issue that started at 5pm on Wednesday May 6th with the system that assigns CRUs and ACRUs to individual accounts. Engineers have now resolved the issue, but you may see some very low numbers or even zero for your CRUs and ACRUs in your reports for the dates of May 6th and 7th.

The underlying new user events are all tracking correctly, so we have the data we need to credit the right accounts, and calculate the appropriate account level quality scores for the US program. All affected publishers will be compensated through a bonus in their next payment, although the missing transactions will not appear in the reports.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Just got that email too. A little hard to believe this is an isolated *one day* issue.
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

I've got a whopping $1 and change for the month.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Mine's doing just fine. I'm over $1,000 through the 12th, which is down $210 through the 12th of April, but still good considering we're going into the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    Mine's doing just fine. I'm over $1,000 through the 12th, which is down $210 through the 12th of April, but still good considering we're going into the summer months.
    Tracy - what tool(s) do you use again - editior kit? Flex tool? etc. I mainly use flex destination, editor kit, and a little rss.

Just wondering if it's isolated to particular tools. Or if there's been a change that would require us to update links.

So far May is nothing special ... it started out okay then sort of died on the vine.

Now is the time to gear up for Father's Day and Graduation. Also, gardening stuff gets hot about now ... and room air conditioners start to sell and fans do okay as well.

One way to make bigger bucks is to advertise offline in your local area that you are an
    Ebay Consultant ... Every business can use Ebay to help make more sales. You sign up 5 merchants and set up their auctions/buy it now pages for them. Usually a business will have at least 2 or 3 products or services they are selling, so you have 10 or 15 product pages up on Ebay for them. You get the ACRU for the business.

Once you do that ... you promote the product pages thru the Ebay affiliate program with your link. You make the commission on a winning bid or BIN sale ... plus since people have to be registered you pick up an ACRU here and there when the buyer needs to register to buy what they are after.

It's pretty easy to sell stuff this way ... I sold a bunch of heaters this winter targetting just the two CONSUMER REPORT best buy bands. Hint.

People are spending less money on 'junk' but necessities are doing well. One page per targetted product is simple to set up with the new Ebay custom links widgets and such.

The idea is to make a profit ... so if you are not doing so well, try advertising on Craigslist. It's free and it only takes one lookie-loo to make the sale more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by GoColts
    Tracy - what tool(s) do you use again - editior kit? Flex tool? etc. I mainly use flex destination, editor kit, and a little rss.

Just wondering if it's isolated to particular tools. Or if there's been a change that would require us to update links.
    Same as always. I use the Editor Kit and a direct URL link for the Buy-It-Now only stuff that only appears in the stores and not on the Editor Kit. For example, if I had a page for Blue Widgets. I would create an Editor Kit that searches for Blue Widgets. Then I do a search for "Blue Widgets" at eBay, and click the Buy It Now Only tab to get the URL for the text link that says Search for Buy-It-Now Blue Widgets at eBay.

I started using the BIN text links when I became frustrated with the fact that the listings don't show up with the Editor Kit. Now that eBay offers a one-price 30-Day listing of BINs, more people are using that than actually opening a store, so more items show up in the Editor Kit these days, but I continue the practice out of habit.

My May with EPN has been rotten so far. Something seems really wrong.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with these "new parameters" they've added to all new links generated. The main ePN blog states that we don't need to update old links but I'm beginning to wonder.

Something wrong...

My traffic and clicks for May are similiar to prior months, but now my earnings are about 1/4 of what they typically are at this point in the month.

The last couple of days have been GREAT, by any of the recent standards I've seen. I was slumping along like everyone here, but yesterday and the day before, I had more clicks, more winning bids, everything like it was last month.

Odd what may or may not be happening? Maybe whatever it was/is got fixed? Hope so.
    Generate more fake news.

Question
    >> I started using the BIN text links when I became frustrated with the fact that the listings don't show up with the Editor Kit. Now that eBay offers a one-price 30-Day listing of BINs, more people are using that than actually opening a store, so more items show up in the Editor Kit these days, but I continue the practice out of habit.

is that even now, to show ALL BIN items listing, you have to use the text link method instead of Editor Kit Method ?

Editor Kit does not show ebay store items , T or F ?
    Custom Banners show ebay store items, T or F ?

Yep, that's how it is. I've been doing it for years. I put both the Editor Kit results and the BIN text link on each product page on my site. That way all bases are covered.

Thanks Tracy

Any idea about the two T or F questions ?

Tracy and all other ebay experts,

I am logged into EPN,

When I go to >>Tools >> Widgets >>

I see 4 options:

1. Editor Kit
    2. RSS Feed Generator
    3. Ebay to go
    4. Custom Banner

All of the above items I click, I am able to create links, EXCEPT, the link to Editor Kit.

It just redirects me to apply for an EPN Account.

Sign in to your account
    #
    Learn more To use eBay Editor Kit, you must have an eBay User ID.
    #
    To receive credit for activity generated from your Editor Kit, you must create your Editor Kit on the eBay site (e.g. eBay.com, eBay.co.uk) in which you joined the affiliate program.
    Am I missing something or is this a different program that I have to apply for???

ABW Ambassador
    That was always kind of confusing, never understood why it's setup like that. I just signed in with my normal, non affiliate ebay account. If you're ever bid on anything on ebay or sold something, you can sign in with that account. Then when you actually make the editor kit listing, theres a place you can pick the tracking provider which would be ebay Partner Network and then put in your id.

Don't know if you can sign in with your regular ebay Partner Network login info?

edit, nope don't think so. I just tried and I get Your user ID or password is incorrect.

OK, thanks Trust I will try!

See if I can make anything out of it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast