Looking for a Network Affiliates Software Platform
    Hi there,

My company Plimus provides E-Commerce services to thousands of independent software developers and digital content providers.

As part of our overall service package we offer basic affiliate service tools, and are presently looking to upgrade this aspect of our system in the near future by adopting either an outsourced affiliate network solution or expanding our own affiliate system.

We need to provide affiliate tools for all users of our platform, and so we require a full affiliate management network system capability to serve our clients and their affiliates.

I have researched some of the previous discussions that cover this area in the forum and have produced this hitlist below, but I would really welcome additional suggestions and insights. The previous discussions are now fairly dated.

I would also be delighted to answer any questions about Plimus.

Thanks. Derek

Forum Hitlist:
    LeadhoundNetwork
    CubeEffect
    Direct Track
    Post Affiliate Pro Version 4.
    Linktrust
    Hitpath
    Groundbreak Ultimate Affiliate
    Post Affiliate Pro 3
    AlstraSoft Affiliate Network Pro
    Affiliate Clicks
    Shareasale
    clickinc
    AdsElement
    quality unit
    jam.jrox
    AllAffiliatePro

CPA Network Rep
    - What countries are you marketing in?
    - What languages are you catering to?
    - Do you need a system that has the option for multiple affiliate interfaces, depending on the language selected?

I ask because it looks like you are based in Israel.

Clarification
    Hi. Thanks for your response.

Plimus is an international solution. Our primary site language is English with some support for Russian. Sale pages are multi-lingual. Multi-lingual fliexibility would be great but is not a must at this stage. We are definitely after a network enterprise solution, as we serve a large network of online vendors who need to run affiliates.

Although the r&d is here, our main marketing and management is based in San Jose, California. Thanks, Derek

Since SAS is on your list and the rest are either unknowns, ("who?") or undesirables, I'd check further into what ShareASale can do for you. They are a known commodity and responsive.

Your list includes Networks and Platforms - that makes it more challenging to find the best fit. Networks include services, Platforms generally don't.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Direct Track, ran multiple programs, robust but server and support issues.

Linktrust, running several programs, best suited for lead gen.

Groundbreak Ultimate Affiliate, ran older version, stable but dated.

Shareasale is a network and considered the #4 in the US. Loved by affiliates.

quality unit is the creator of Post Affiliate Pro 3 and Post Affiliate Pro Version 4. Love them both although ver. 3 maxed out for us.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; March 24th, 2010 at 01:46 AM.

I'm a bit confused by the initial question. If you're looking for a "platform" to integrate into your software solution, then an affiliate "network" technology like ShareASale (or CJ, LS, GAN, AvantLink, etc.) isn't an option.

If you're looking for the best "solution" for your clients to use, then you should consider both "software" and "network" technology options, and I think it's very likely that you (and your clients) would end up choosing a network. You could make things much easier for your merchant clients by providing some level of support or integration for inserting the tracking codes required by one or more networks. If you tell your customers that they can implement ShareASale or CJ tracking by merely filling in a merchant ID and clicking a box, that's a nice advantage. If you can also set up systems to automatically (clean and) export datafeeds (product catalogs) and/or "coupons and deals," that would be a fantastic advantage.

If your goal is to increase your firm's revenue by adding support for merchants to create affiliate programs, you'll probably end up offering a "software" solution that doesn't work with any network. However, there are many significant benefits that merchants receive by offering their affiliate programs through a network. I don't think most networks will agree to "revenue-share" with your firm if you refer them clients, but of course that's something you'd want to discuss with them.

Don't forget to consider the cost of providing support to your merchants and their affiliates.

Before you choose a technology, consider the many issues that arise when implementing a new affiliate program. Spend a lot of time in the "Merchant Best Practices" forum here on ABestWeb. And see the link below for my "Free Affiliate-Program Advice for Merchants" -- it's two years old, but I think it's still pretty helpful.

There is going to be a major upgrade release of one of the mentioned technologies you listed --- Do yourself a favor and don't decide till you see it --- it should knock your socks off. Email me (respond to the post notification) if you want more specifics as I can't post about it until it's live.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate network management programs
    I am about to purchase a platform software to manage my new affiliate network company and would love to hear about the major upgrade release of one of the mentioned technologies you listed. Also If I wanted to handle all in house - not going with LinkTrust or DirectTrak which software do you guys recommend? I am thinking between Post affiliate Pro or AlstraSoft Affiliate Network but not sure

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Search the forum for Post affiliate Pro as there has been several discussions on it.

I searched the forum and was convinces that this is the program from me - platform software to manage affiliate network, but after comunicating with the maker of Post affiliate Pro 4 I now understand that unfortunately this software does not support affiliate network as it is not possible to give merchant access only to some campaigns, or to some affiliates. Permissions are set on module, so if merchant has the right to view campaigns, he will see all campaigns.

Does any one have any other suggestion for a platform software to manage affiliate network? At this point I am not ready to go with LinkTrust or DirectTrak and was wondering which software rou recommend? the only other one I know of is AlstraSoft Affiliate Network but not sure

@Derek pls contact me via my site re your Plimus listing, so I can get some help updating it. I tried pm'ing you but you don't have enough posts I guess.

I've also tried contacting Simon in your marketing dept. to no avail.

Thanks.
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Haiko de Poel, Jr...affiliate management software
    Hi Haiko de Poel, Jr,

I wanted to pm you but since i am new on this forum (today) i was not able to.

I am looking for an affiliate management software and came across your post on http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=119364

Please could you let me know which one you were referring to in your post when you can and when you get 2 mins.

Warm Regards

Sent via email (as they haven't launched yet)
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    There is going to be a major upgrade release of one of the mentioned technologies you listed --- Do yourself a favor and don't decide till you see it --- it should knock your socks off. email me (respond to the post notification) if you want more specifics as I can't post about it until it's live.
    Hi Haiko,

We have not been very impressed with what's currently available in the market. Will you please send me an email with the details.

Affiliate Manager
    Would love additional information as well if possible, thank you

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread