Affiliate Manager
    Wii Fit?
    Worth it? Does it work? I've heard mixed results

ABW Ambassador
    You should be sent to the BAN factory! imho

Affiliate Manager
    I didn't mean anything by it (spam or otherwise). I was genuinely trying to start a conversation. Would happily delete the post but I don't see how; sorry if I crossed a line, I assumed this was a fair topic in this forum.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I need to start working out with one program or another, but I think I would need someone a little bit meaner than what I might find on a Wii program driving me. I need some guy pushing me that looks like a post traumatic stress vietnam veteran yelling 'move it, mister! Gimme fifty!!!'
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I got back into the gym last week after 2 years of stale behavior which helped me add on about 25lb's!!!!
    Going from 6 days a week 2 hrs/day in the gym mixed in with outdoor activities(fishing/backpacking/hunting) to restaurants and couch potatoness and gaining the advantage of the ever pleasurable purk of shortness of breath and lazyness took it's toll.
    The fact that my significant other started to complain about my heath didn't sit right either!
    I find that the only way to do this right is to self motivate! Works for me. Try to look ahead at having a longer life span with less complications.
    The 2 things which motivate me most are my fiance and being able to enjoy my successes for a longer period of time.
    Oh yea, at the gym, I have to listen to Rock! That's always a boost. None of that stupid techno music they like to put on those gym speakers. (Makes me feel like I'm at a rave on drugs! Such repetitive music. Drives me nuts and is counter productive.

Artin

Previous discussion

Wii Fit
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Affiliate Network Rep ayakobing's Avatar
    I am a big fan of Wii fit. It provides me core workout as well as cardio. Also, I do that with my family and since we are all competitive, we work harder. I actually hurt my back doing the Wii fit Hula Hoop trying to beat my son's score! Fun workout works much better for me than going to the gym

I'm a Xbox guy.. but I found a reason to get the Wii besides the fit.

This is a link to my blog... but you have to see this! (plus I have no ads or aff links) on my blog

The reason to get a Wii
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Emmanuel,
    I deleted this message and had to go to my trash to get it back out! lol
    Ok, here is the thing, you can do 2 diets which will give you energy and help you loose weight or just be healthier!

NO FAST FOOD!!!!!!!!!! It's the hardest thing but, you need to stop eating processed foods and fast foods, even though its in your face.

1) Protein diet (not highly recommended but works great, do this for max 3 months. No more, its very heavy on your digestive system and you'll need to take supplements)
    2) Just eat healthy natural foods. (eat 5-7 times a day, small portions!) it takes some getting used to)

What you want to accomplish is a high metabolic rate. That is why you eat what you eat and exercise!

1) Protein diet:NO CARBS. ie: bread, rice, noodls, potatoes etc.
    a) Lots of chicken and fish!
    b) Lots of water
    c) lean meats. once a week max.
    d) salad, no ranch dressing, sub it with balsamic vinegar etc.

2) This is good.
    a) most important thing, SMALL PORTIONS!
    b) Some carbs, ie: bread, rice, noodles, patatoes once every other day.
    c) Lean meats, ie: chicken, lean red meats, filets, fish
    d) Veggies! Asparagus, tomatoes, celery, cucumbers etc.
    e) fruits, beans.
    f) Eggs (Egg whites)
    g) BREAKFAST! the most important meal!!!!!

Ok, this is a general over view, stick to these and you'll be fine.
    Most important thing is to speed up your metabolic rate. This happens only when you eat continuously through out the day. When you eat 2 to 3 times a day your body goes into starvation mode and starts to store pretty much half of what you eat into fat reserves. If you eat 5 times a day(small portions) your body adapts and knows that there is a constant food source available, therefore it doesn't need to store it as fat and burns it off much more quickly.
    Now, all this is nothing if you don't exercise. The thing with exercising is that your exercise is only 20% of your workout routine but you need it to be efficient. You want to build muscle mass to burn off more calories. Muscle burns 5x more calories than fat. So you get it!

Oh, before I forget.... QUIT DRINKING SODA!!!!!! if you don't you're 1 up on most, if you do, you should consider stopping. (Stay away from empty calories, ie: beer, liquor, sodas etc.)

You will see results if you stick to a routine.

By the way, you don't need diet pills, your body already has what it needs to generate weight loss, you just need to encoutrage it to do so, and your diet is 80% of that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Artin

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread