What's up with the banners not showing up, none of my merchants are coming in period on my sites. Also when you click on some of them it freezes up and does not take me anywhere.

Michael

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The parasites re-direct servers must be down or they fixed it so the merchants who haven't joined their Christmas Grinching club have links leading to the NorthPole.com 404 error page. If it was Linkshare I'd just blame it on the Gerbil.

WebMaster Mike

When this happened before, if you are running banner smart zones, they had a problem. The regular images seem to come up fine.

The click are something else. I thought that CJ was setup to handle the load... Guess they can and so we loose sales from our CPC's.

Allen

... or you have installed kazaa lite or another program that "helpfully" blocks ads by overwriting your hosts file.

Search for a file called "hosts" (no extension) on your computer (assuming it's a PC) - there may be more than one, but only one is active.

There's usually only a couple of lines in it, but you may find lots of lines starting 127.0.0.1 - all these sites are set to point to your own PC (127.0.0.1). The kazaa file blocks all the cj and linkshare variants. You can delete any/all these "blocking" lines - but leave the part at the top that sets up 127.0.0.1 as localhost.

Are you Crazy?

I do not download any form of software at all. My computer is spyware free. My banners are doing fine now. My brother however has every form of spyware downloaded on his computer and when I had him bring up my site he specified the banners that were showing up error banners and they were all linkshare and cj banners. When he clicked on them, all came up error pages. Then he tells me he downloaded Kazaa in the last few months. He had no idea what these spyware programs did until I filled him in on it. He is in the process of trying to rid of all these downloads. He is not even sure how many programs he has downloaded in the last couple of years. He was going to be a nice brother and purchase something with the stores I am affiliated with, now he can't. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Michael

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread