Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    EPN Tools Challenged
    I signed up for EPN a while back, but never did use it at all. I just logged in for the first time this afternoon. Under Tools tab, I see

Link Generator
    Creative Generator
    Widgets
    API

I haven't a clue where to start. I am having a hard time of what I can create. Are there any sample pages that show the result of these tools in action on a webpage?

Is it possible to show auctions from a particular category that are about to end? That's what I am thinking in my head I would want to display. Possible?

I think any of the tools allow you to select category and also keyword searches. The one I use is under Tools, Widgets, Editor Kit. I use it because it's what I started with and I know how to use it. When you open it up, there is an example of the display on the page. You can customize the dimensions and theme of the display and you will see it as you do it. It does display by auctions ending first and you can set the number of items in the display you want up to 200.

There probably are similar options in the other tools, I am just a creature of habit and use the older tool.

I've built all of my EPN sites with the phpBay Pro plugin for WordPress. You can find info searching a couple of threads here, and I know a few people at ABW who also use it.

I won't put my affiliate link for phpBay Pro in this post. But anyone who wants to PM me, or reach me via one of the websites in my sig file, I'd be happy to give you a link if you decide to purchase phpBay Pro. I honestly don't know what the cost for it is.

You can also find out a lot about it via Googling.

I have used some of the EPN tools to create specific links, but I haven't done enough with any of their tools to offer an opinion.
    Generate more fake news.

Keep in mind that the Editor Kit is JavaScript and provides no content.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Keep in mind that the Editor Kit is JavaScript and provides no content.
    Is there an option that does provide content?

You can display the rss feeds or use the API.

Decided to go with the API. Lots of functionality available with it. It literally took me about 30 minutes to register for an API key, put up a sample page and display auction results. Cool stuff indeed.

I also wanted to mention that if you use the API, don't mistake your appid for your trackingid.

The appid is what gives you access to the web service and your treackingid is what tracks clicks back to you.

Both are needed for the API.

Be sure to click on a few of your links to make sure you see corresponding clicks on your EPN Dashboard page. There was a few hour delay from when I clicked the links to when they actually showed on the dashboard. Now, I am happy that the tracking is working.

Go to widgets ... then to custom banners ... then click on the size box ... a drop down will show 'custom' at the bottom. Click on it. Then type in a size ...(I like 660 x 195) or (660 x 360) ... then it should show you what it looks like without ads in in.

If you like the default ... then go down and type in USA for program and the keyworded ads you want to be displayed in the ads ... then either use you default campaign or create a new one ... the hit generate code and see what you get.

You should see a NICE search box on the top and a list of offers ...the offers change.
    Try a bunch of keywords ... try to be specific to brands if you want to sell a type of product ... If you want to make a project of it ... go buy a consumer reports magazine
    and find BEST rated things ... keyword them and build a single page for each one.

If you can figure out how to get traffic to these pages, you can sell stuff. Put relevant copy on the top and the bottom of the banner. On page, one brand, put a EBAY 728 Daily Deal at the bottom ... and somewhere a text link for people to signup for free to Ebay.

I sold a ton of stuff doing this over Christmas and while it is not doing as well now, it is profitable. I just need to find a Hot product everyone wants to buy right now. The Twilight Saga rocked but it is done until the new book comes out.

It was pretty easy to average $100 per day in revenue for about $20 in PPC expense.
    If you can get organic traffic, it's a gold mine, if you have the right products picked out.

Don't underestimate HIGH ticket items ... if you hit the right ones and combine them with the right keywords, you can make some decent money selling just one BIN or winning one bid per day.

The kicker is that if someone is not a registered ebay person, they have to register to buy. If they do, you make the ACRU money as well as the sale.

Hope this helps.

EPN is the one network that I've really had any success with. eBay was the first affiliate program I joined back when they were with CJ. The tools there are powerful, and you can do anything from nice flash banners to text links. I signed up for the API but it's a bit more involved than what I need for my ebay site!

The best part about EPN is that your readers don't have to buy anything that you show on your site. Once they click on any of your links, your cookie is there until they click on another affiliate's link. This means that no matter what they buy after clicking your link = commissions for you! :-)

Good call with the API Butts. It's pretty nice and gives you a lot of control over how you request the data. It just takes some additional work-arounds to deal with the 100 product per query limit if you want to cache the data.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I agree w/ Seymour... the API is without a doubt the best way to get the most information about individual auctions on eBay. I integrated the API into a Wordpress plugin called auction2post that allows individuals using a Wordpress blog to harness the power of the API w/out having to know how to program. I'm not going to post a link, but it's an easy search. Since using the plugin, I have had the best month ever while others were saying they saw sales going down. Not my experience...

radio, promoting a tool you wrote under the guise that it's just something you found while blatantly advertising it in your profile and posts isn't going to win you a lot of points around here.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

on edge a bit, scottie?

I integrated the API into a Wordpress plugin ... that allows individuals using a Wordpress blog to harness the power of the API w/out having to know how to program.
    I didn't say I "found" it, I wrote the thing... uh, like I said above in the post above. lol.

No need to derail this thread any further - there's a great discussion over here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=120593

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread