Affiliate Manager
    Experience with Linkshare's closed lead gen network?
    Anyone with experience with LinkShare's closed network for lead gen? I'm hearing that it is the best option for merchants running lead gen for free services. Exclusive publishers. Only run as a managed service requiring Linkshare involvement.

Would love to hear good and bad as well as any alternatives

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Are you asking as a merchant or affiliate?

From the tone of your questions, you are an affiliate.

Affiliate Manager
    LOL what does that mean?

Actually I'm asking as a merchant
    I have a free service for which I'm willing to pay for leads. I'm very concerned about fraudulent leads because I have a high payout/conversion rate.

Quote Originally Posted by pobrien9
    Actually I'm asking as a merchant
    I have a free service for which I'm willing to pay for leads. I'm very concerned about fraudulent leads because I have a high payout/conversion rate.
    And you're considering LS? hahahaha, oh, that's a good one. LS=Lie Steal.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    And you're considering LS? hahahaha, oh, that's a good one. LS=Lie Steal.
    I don't think that LS is any different then CJ, GAN or PPJN. SAS is pretty good so far but then again, i'm sure someone will bash them in a post.

Is there any honorable network that you can recommend?

Avantlink.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    I don't think that LS is any different then CJ, GAN or PPJN. SAS is pretty good so far but then again, i'm sure someone will bash them in a post.
    Is there any honorable network that you can recommend?
    Thanks bibby, here here!

@knight01 I actually appreciate the criticism but it isn't very actionable. Why do you have that opinion of LS? That's really what I'm asking. I'm sure we can find someone who really dislikes every platform; the question is what has your experience been?

Question
    Thanks bibby, here here!

@knight01 I actually appreciate the criticism but it isn't very actionable. Why do you have that opinion of LS? That's really what I'm asking. I'm sure we can find someone who really dislikes every platform; the question is what has your experience been?
    Hi,
    I tried signing up with Avantlink.com and received this email:

Thanks for applying to the AvantLink.com Affiliate Network.

There is one more step to complete before we can review your application. Please execute the following instructions at your earliest convenience.

*File upload verification - An affiliate application can be confirmed by uploading a small text file to your website and then letting AvantLink.com verify the existence of that file. As soon as that step is complete you may delete the verification file - you won't need it again. The exact procedure for using the file upload confirmation is as follows:

(1) Download the verification file from AvantLink.com at: https://www.avantlink.com/affiliate_..._id=XXXXXXXXXX

(2) Save this file to your local computer as "avantlink_confirmation.txt".

(3) Using an FTP program, upload the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file to your website so that it can be accessed as http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXavantlink_confirmation.txt

(4) Browse to the following URL to verify the presence of the file: https://www.avantlink.com/affiliate_..._id=XXXXXXXXXX

(5) If your application confirmation was successful, you can delete the "avantlink_confirmation.txt" file from both your website and your local computer.

Once you have confirmed your application we will then review all of the information and contact you as soon as possible

Not sure about any of you but this seems weird. I've never had to do this. Why can't they visit the site and review it. If they do what they say and individually verify and review each application, then they should visit the site, then contact the affilaite to verify they're for real?
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; May 14th, 2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Removed site name / URL / Aff ID to protect member privacy

I don't remember if this was part of the sign up process in the past or not. But perhaps the have had a lot of fraudulent applications that gave incorrect web site information. Presumably only the actual owner of the site or someone that has legitimate access to the site should be able to FTP the file. Some of the SEs use the same method for site verification.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    I don't remember if this was part of the sign up process in the past or not. But perhaps the have had a lot of fraudulent applications that gave incorrect web site information. Presumably only the actual owner of the site or someone that has legitimate access to the site should be able to FTP the file. Some of the SEs use the same method for site verification.

-rematt
    Thanks for the explnation.

www.Linksteal.com - That's what I think of Linkshare.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I'm sure I can find someone who likes every network, every program every.. everything. Pay them enough and most people will sell their souls.

Aside form the clumsy reports, aside from the incredibly delayed clumsy reports, aside from the poor communication from the in-house management of these lead programs. There is the fact that the same program in LS converts at about half of the program when it was managed in house by the vendor.

The program is one that I struggled with in LS, I changed to CJ when it became available and the conversions went up, almost doubled, on the same traffic. (and I'm no fan of CJ, but I digress) Why does it convert so much worse at LS? What is happening? The thread linked to earlier is all I need to know about how they feel about affiliates and merchants. They apparently think we're here to serve them and their purposes, not the other way around.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread