Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2009
    Posts
    3
    Help Linking
    Hey anyone,

    I an very new to the affiliate thing. I have a small website through godaddy. I am trying to set up an affiliate link.

    My problem is I can only do this on the website by attatching a url link to a banner or picture.

    Does anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks

    Dan K

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2009
    Posts
    3
    Bump??

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,744
    Hi dkemano42 - Can you give a little more detail about what type of link you are posting. Are you trying to post a custom link, banner link or a product link from the make-a-page section?

    Here's a couple of videos that might help you out:

    Making Custom Links - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118800
    Banners Links - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118798
    Last edited by msladybug; May 13th, 2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Added video comments

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by msladybug
    Hi dkemano42 - Can you give a little more detail about what type of link you are posting. Are you trying to post a custom link, banner link or a product link from the make-a-page section?

    Here's a couple of videos that might help you out:

    Making Custom Links - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118800
    Banners Links - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=118798

    Hello again,

    Thanks for the information. It is a custome link I will be adding and I have figured it out, but apparently I am still waiting for the sites approval.

    Thanks again for the great help

    Dan Kemano

  5. #5
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    1,744
    Your welcome, good luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by dkemano42
    apparently I am still waiting for the sites approval.
    LOL - Yes, that will kill a link everytime.

  6. #6
    Moderator bibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by dkemano42
    Hello again,

    Thanks for the information. It is a custome link I will be adding and I have figured it out, but apparently I am still waiting for the sites approval.

    Thanks again for the great help

    Dan Kemano
    Hi,
    Glad to read that you figured it out. BTW, SAS has a deep linking tool that provides the code to any page or image on a merchant's site.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    3
    im having the same problem with my links....how did you figure out how to link using just the URL?

  8. #8
    Moderator bibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by joyinvitations
    im having the same problem with my links....how did you figure out how to link using just the URL?
    Login into Share A Sale. Under Get Links on the page menu, click on create a custom link. Follow the instructions on the page. Basically you can paste any url from a merchant's website (If they allow deep linking) and SAS will create an affiliate link with your id.

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Please Help with Linking
    By bpal in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 11th, 2004, 12:21 PM
  2. Linking help
    By Javi in forum Rakuten LinkShare - LS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 1st, 2003, 04:32 PM
  3. Product linking when there is NO product linking offered..need help.
    By GrainFarmer in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 6th, 2002, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •