ABW Ambassador
    Collectibles Today Datafeed Missing in PopShops
    Just wanted to let anyone using Collectibles Today (US) CJ datafeed through PopShops, that it is completely missing from the list. I logged in to find over 1000 inactive products yesterday. Yes, that will give you a good jolt. The Canada feed is showing but the US feed is gone.

I contacted PopShops support last night about this but haven't heard back from them yet.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Noticed this a few days ago and have been redoing pages to compensate ever since. No clue WTF is going on - haven't heard anything about CT to know why.

If anyone can shed light please do.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I also contacted PS earlier this week about this. This happened with Hammacher Schlemmer in the past couple of weeks—their top products feed (with 49 items) was there instead of their normal feed with 1000s of items—it's now fixed. It seems that CJ accidentally(?) swapped datafeeds and no one was aware about this. Maybe those running CJ merchant feeds should check and report them to PS if they see feeds with drastically reduced items.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

ABW Ambassador
    Rexanne - Did you contact the AM for Collectibles Today? I was getting ready to do that as well.

I'm not replacing items yet, the links are still working.

I was trying to use the CollectiblesToday raw feed from CJ and found it would break my import setup with invalid characters. I reported it to their tech guy on 4/22/09 and after going back and forth he finally saw the problem. He said he was going to straighten it out, but last time I checked it was still bad.

Checking now: Nope still bad.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug
    Rexanne - Did you contact the AM for Collectibles Today? I was getting ready to do that as well.
    I think I did a few days ago. LOL - Sorry, been so swamped the past few weeks it's hard to keep track. I noticed that CT also opened on GAN (I think GAN) and sent off an email asking about the switch and if they were staying at CJ, too and the fact that all their product links are dead. Never did get a reply. Guess they're blasted with email inquiries about their feed.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

ABW Ambassador
    Their program will be at Buy.at, which makes me nervous. I don't see any Buy.at merchant feeds available through PopShops. I sure hope they don't close their CJ program.

Their program will be at Buy.at, which makes me nervous. I don't see any Buy.at merchant feeds available through PopShops. I sure hope they don't close their CJ program.
    AHhh right - too many moving around is confusing. WOuld be good to know if they plan on staying with CJ - at least we can get their feeds via Pop Shops.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I noticed that CT also opened on GAN (I think GAN) and sent off an email asking about the switch and if they were staying at CJ, too and the fact that all their product links are dead. Never did get a reply. Guess they're blasted with email inquiries about their feed.
    Wow, another CJ defectee. OK, I guess this is just wait and see!
    Renée

Double wow, didn't see this before I posted. Don't they have some sort of special tracking system? I wonder if it can be integrated with PS. Probably not...I would think that would have happened by now.
    Renée

Buy.at is going to be integrated into PopShops. I don't have the exact ETA but we are in the process.

Jessie
    Last edited by JessieJ; May 14th, 2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Matt hated my typos
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Fabuloso! But do you have any info on the Collectibles Today situation and when it will be fixed?
    Last edited by JoyUnltd; May 14th, 2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Add info
    Renée

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    Buy.at is going to be integrated into PopShops. I don't have the exact ETA but we are in the process.

Jessie
    Jessie - Thanks for that info about Buy.at, that's good to hear. I haven't pushed Buy.at merchants because they're not available at PS.

Any idea what's going on with the Collectibles Today datafeed?

Breaking news about the CollectiblesToday feed(s)
    I received a note from the CollectiblesToday AM saying that they "had an issue with CJ" but that it has been resolved; also, they have removed their Canadian feed from CJ to avoid confusion between similarly named products, etc.

I have uploaded a new feed with >3,700 products and the links appear to work properly, but please send along any further issues you encounter to merchants[at]popshops.com.

One last thing: if you see prices listed in Canadian dollars, don't despair--it simply means you've been cookied as a Canuck (not that there's anything wrong with that...). To get back to US dollars, click the tiny "US Customers Click Here" link at the bottom of the page. (I kid you not--it's about that big.) From that point on, prices should appear in USD.

~Matt

ABW Ambassador
    Should the U.S. feed be active now because ALL of my CT products are still showing as inactive.

ABW Ambassador
    I see that the feed is there but the items are still showing as inactive. PLEASE don't tell me they changed something in their feed and we are going to have to replace all their products now.

Hah, just logged into PS and the CT feed isn't there at all. All will be good soon, I hope!
    Renée

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm, I'm seeing the CT US datafeed with over 3700 products. The problem is something has changes with it because it's not matching up with the old feed to remove the product from inactive.

Now I'm seeing the feed and added back to my vendors list. Yep, looks like we have to redo shops.
    Renée

CJ feed still bad tonight.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread