Saco, Maine
    I am a affiliate for SAS. Can I use Make A Video program to create my own Videos?
    Hello All,

I am a affiliate for SAS. Can I use Make A Video program to create my own Videos?

I have created 2 sample merchant product videos with Make A Video program and I would like my website to be a "Video Shopping Catalog" of all 16 individual merchants products I will be marketing. Let me explain what I am doing with my website.

On my index directory main home page, I have 18 different categories for selling my merchant products. Each link from this main home page will have its own Video Page where my customer can shop for that specific product.

(Example: 1.Apparel Video link will be all my Apparel merchants: 2.Baby Video link will be all my Baby merchants, etc.)

I have tested and finialized the Videos on SAS and all the links are working great to each merchants website but when I published the source code to my website, I see the video just great but none of the merchant links in the video are working and I get the following page error.

There are a number of reasons that you may have received this message. The most common is that the merchant who was advertising is temporarily not-actively promoting that program. If, however, you feel you have reached this page in error, please let us know. does not tolerate or send any SPAM mail to anyone. If you feel you have been targeted by a SPAM message, we would appreciate if you could forward the message to us at abuse at manages the relationships between advertisers and affiliates, which is why you were directed to our site. Since the link that you clicked is not currently active, you were not redirected to the site. If you are a new affiliate, your links will not be active until gets a
    chance to review your account - you will receive an email when your account is approved and links are activated. This process generally takes around 24 business hours.

Regarding the last sentence in the error: This process generally takes around 24 business hours. I created these Videos 4 days ago and I still can't use them yet. I have also, been a SAS affiliate Since Feb. 2009.

How do I get shareasale to acivate my video links I have created with your "Make A Videos" program? I would like to create more videos for my website but before I do all this work, it seems that I need your approval first and your activation on your end for my account.

Has any other affiliates tried to do this yet and are you having any success?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Green Up My Planet & Green Up My ECO

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Send me an email and include the URL of the page you put up and I'll try to troubleshoot it for you...

brian @ shareasale

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO -, Inc.

You'll love it once you get it running. We have put a number of our videos into the SAS Make a Video maker. Far and away our members enjoy them more than the videos that we just put up through Youtube. The functionality is just much better.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Wow, good to know, Tricia, thanks!

Saco, Maine
    Hello Brian,

I would like to thank you again for helping me with my video issue.

Yes, you are correct about the source script for (merchantId=0) is missing.

They worked great on SAS website after I finalized them. I went back to my videos I made, to take another look at them today, previewed the finalized videos again and they all worked just fine on your website. I refinalized them again after I viewed them. I recopied the script again and republished them onto my websites and now they are working on my sites. YAHOOOOOO! THANK YOU!!!!

Now that we some how got them working on my sites, I have another 2 questions that maybe you can help me with.

The individual videos that I create in the future for my green up my eco website for all 17 catagories from my home page will work beautifully, but, I want to make one completed video of all 17 catagories for my green up my planet website and give my shoppers the option to video shop all my merchants at once thru a completed video catalog that I create for my Green Video link from my home page.

My questions are:

1. Can the Make A Video program also support or allow me to use some non SAS Merchants with SAS merchants videos? I will have the cue links for these other non SAS merchants for their cue link images and the links to their websites.

2. If I am allowed to do this, will the Make A Video program be able to create such a large video with a total of 102 products so far and cue links with images?

Again, Thanks for your support!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread