If anyone uses them,

quote:
    Dear Affiliate,

As a valued PhotoAlley.com affiliate, we need to inform you that the PhotoAlley.com affiliate program through CommissionJunction will be ending on December 1, 2002. All affiliates with commission balances over $15.00 that were generated through PhotoAlley.com/Ritz Interactive will be paid by January 15, 2003.

A special page has been set up at PhotoAlley.com for CommissionJunction affiliates that will provide you with additional information.

Game on!!!!

Well I dropped them eons ago hehe

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

Actually I pulled all their links eons ago myself.
    I usually keep a merchant and just don't use them if they are froons, just in case they get better.
    Forgot all about these guys.
    Didn't miss much [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Game on!!!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I guess my prediction that they would fold come the Christmas rush was right. I too just weeded out their individual product links and only left a few banners up for both Ritz and PhotoAlley. Soon you'll see Warner Bros and KBtoys do the same as they all get free traffic, branding impressions with no commissions for the busiest shopping days. They then open up somewhere else til they are forced to an inhouse program.

WebMaster Mike

If you go to the "special page" mentioned in the email, you'll see that they are moving the PhotoAlley aff program to LinkShare.

wbshop works great for me till now, and they seem to care for now..

ABW Ambassador
    The $15.00 minimum commission bit on the letter is confusing. With consolidated payments, wouldn't a CJ affiliate get paid regardless (assuming PhotoAlley pays CJ)?

I did not know CJ had a mechanism that let companies keep the breakage when they drop the program like the other networks.

Protophoto - Short Stories

Yeah they can't do that!@ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Not that I care as I dropped them eons ago for sucking.

They used to convert very well for me and I made some great sales through them. I still haven't found a good replacement for digital cameras to this day.

For a while I was selling about 2 cameras a week ranging from 600-1800 dollars each. Eeverytime I find an extra few bucks in income something always goes wrong.

ditto heyder

ABW Ambassador
    I would like to get an official CJ reply on the $15.00 minimum. Like the rest (thanks to ABW) I dropped PhotoAlley months ago. I am not owed cash by Photo Alley, but this breakage issue is very pertinent to my CJ strategy.

Basically, I've been willing to run ads for marginal CJ merchants because of the minimum.

If CJ has an escape clause that lets PhotoAlley (and I would assume all the other pathetic slime buckets in their program) skip town with the breakage, then I need to change my strategy.

I don't know of any arrangement with PhotoAlley to pay their publishers at a $15 threshold. It is not something we would agree to. I would assume that your balnace will get paid when you exceed $25 in aggregate - regardless of how much you have earned from PhotoAlley.

If I find out anything different, I'll post an update.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Erm... Just a generic letter sent to their affiliates for many of their properties which they are switching to Linkshare. Some were handled through Befree, Performics, and some CJ which the minimum wouldn't apply.

They probably just sent this letter
    quote:
    Dear Affiliate,

As a valued CameraWorld.com affiliate, we need to inform you that the CameraWorld.com affiliate program through BeFree will be ending on December 1, 2002. All affiliates with commission balances over $15.00 that were generated through CameraWorld.com/Ritz Interactive will be paid by January 15, 2003.

A special page has been set up at CameraWorld.com for BeFree affiliates that will provide you with additional information.

To access the page go to:
    http://www.cameraworld.com/?cmd=Help...ameraWorld.com

Questions? Feel free to contact us at: cwaffiliates@ritzinteractive.com

Thank you,

CameraWorld.com Affiliate team

Without thinking to edit the clause about the minimum payment amount. Cameraworld's program was at BeFree.

FYI - they are also discontinuing the wolfcamera program through performics on 12/01 as well.

quote:

Dear Valued Affiliate:

We are sorry to announce that the WolfCamera.com Affiliate Program
    through Performics will be discontinued.

Effective December 1, 2002 all WolfCamera.com banners will be removed from ConnectCommerceSM. Affiliates with a commission balance of $15.00 or more as of December 1, will be paid by January 15, 2003.

We appreciate your past support of the WolfCamera.com program and remind you there are hundreds of other first-class, high-quality
    marketers available through Performics. To access these lucrative offers log into your ConnectCommerceSM account at
    http://
    For information about the WolfCamera.com affiliate program please visit
    http://

Questions? Feel free to contact us at: wcaffiliates@ritzinteractive.com

Thank you,
    WolfCamera.com Affiliate team

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Todd and The Newer Nicer Joseph, I was pretty sure the message was carelessness on the part of a poorly run company. I hope you audited the last minute reversals of PhotoAlley. Looking at the .20 EPC, I doubt there have been many sales that PhotoAlley hasn't reversed.

This company, BTW, is a prime example of why consolidated payments is an absolute must for affiliate networks.

When PhotoAlley reduced their commission rate to a pathetic 2%, that was a red flag, that they were no longer interested in making sales. They probably figured it would take a while for everyone to pull their links so they could make a little money before going under.

ABW Ambassador
    Whether or not they can slip away without paying people under the threshod, clearly they wanted to.

Just another reason (in addition to the sub-$1 epc) not to follow them to their new program.

ABW Ambassador
    Err, this is now off-topic in the CJ forum, I suppose, so, posting in the Linkshare thread about this
    Here.

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread