I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i1987

George Orwell got the date wrong

Texas? They WANT Texas? Let 'em have it!

Most Texans are up here driving around in their pickups and SUVs clogging up traffic anyway!

(Just kidding, of course...)

Andy

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Don't they know we have guns here in Texas?

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelColey:
    Don't they know we have guns here in Texas?

Michael Coley
    http://www.amazing-bargains.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

but, no bullets!

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Personally, I think Texas should launch a pre-emptive strike this weekend, kick Cuba's arse and rename Cuba to New Texas by Monday morning.

I don't mind them taking Texas over, but will we not be allowed to buy cigars from Texas anymore?

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

They don't have bullets on their guns but they sure have them shells on the shotguns!

Don't you read their sign?
    "Don't mess with TEXAS"

@Andy
    I agree, lived in oklahoma and seen too many trucks says "Don't mess with TEXAS" lol...

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Bring them on. I have plenty of bullets...enough to share.

"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
    - Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)

ABW Ambassador
    Are these the same analysts GWB had on Iraq?

carneol

Actually the intelligence that swung the war for Bush was probably what he'd got from the British.. which was actually the same intelligence that the US had already rejected, we'd just recycled it and fed it back to 'em in a different colour folder.

Texas is the one with the opt-out clause of the Union isn't it? Maybe it's time for Texan independence

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    Are these the same analysts GWB had on Iraq?

carneol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carneol, I don't want to start a big pissing contest but I must respond. One day you naysayers will eat your words. The question is not whether Iraq had WMDs (he used them in the past remember?) the question is "Where are they?"

Sadam is real good at hiding things. It's just a matter of time. (My 2 cents)

I like traffic lights
    >The question is not whether Iraq had WMDs (he used them in the past remember?)

Sure. But those were the ones supplied to him BY THE USA to use against Iran.

That's why there's old video footage of Rumsfield shaking Saddam's hand.

Funny how all the nasty people the US is trying to get rid of are ones that the USA used to fund via the CIA, isn't it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    Sure. But those were the ones supplied to him BY THE USA to use against Iran. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drewbert, please quote your source with regards to the US giving Iraq Chemical/Biological weapons. I'd like to see facts please not hearsay/opinions or spin.

Sure, it was a mistake to ever give any support to Saddam. Does that mean he could never be an enemy of the U.S.? Are you saying Mexico never made any mistakes? Are you saying once an ally always an ally and once an enemy always an enemy? We've had many enemies turned allies and vice versa-including Mexico. So, should Mexico now be an enemy?

Regardless, the U.S. does NOT need to justify to the world why/how we protect ourselves. Where was the public outrage when Saddam was killing millions of his own people? Did the U.N. step in to stop this slaughter? No! It's easy for other countries to criticize the U.S. for taking a stand while they sit idly by watching the atrocities.

Drewbert, when you and your country are perfect, then and only then are you qualified to make such statements. The Middle East has been a very unstable region for a long time and trying to make it more stable has not been easy. The stability of that region is very important to much of the world, including us. Therefore, WE chose to get involved while others do nothing and criticize.

I like traffic lights
    >Drewbert, please quote your source with
    >regards to the US giving Iraq Chemical/
    >Biological weapons. I'd like to see facts
    >please not hearsay/opinions or spin.

http://www.brainthink.com/view_artic...?articleid=252

http://www.sundayherald.com/27572

I like traffic lights
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xandman:
    Sure, it was a mistake to ever give any support to Saddam.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Does that mean he could never be an enemy of the U.S.?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get it. You're allowed WMD as long as you're a U.S. allie.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are you saying Mexico never made any mistakes?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry? What's this got to do with Mexico? The US is the one the pre-emptively attacked. You trying to deflect attention?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are you saying once an ally always an ally and once an enemy always an enemy?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm saying, you need to start appying your rules in a less hap-hazard manner. Rumsfield saw no problems with Saddam using WMD, when it was being used against an enemy of the USA, but later decides further POTENTIAL use is grounds for invasion. Bush invades Iraq because Saddam is an evil dictator who kills his enenies, yet doesn't lift a FINGER about what's going on in Indonesia, and supplies the govt there with weapons that it uses against it's own people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    We've had many enemies turned allies and vice versa-including Mexico. So, should Mexico now be an enemy?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strawman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Regardless, the U.S. does NOT need to justify to the world why/how we protect ourselves.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here we go again. Saddam was NOT an immediate danger to the US. You fell for Bush's little ruse to allow him to avenge his Daddy's embarrasssment using you own sons and daughters, misdirecting resources that should have been going after OBL.

And if you're going to "protect yourselves" by bombing the crap out of innocent civilians in other countries, then YES, YOU DAMN WELL HAVE TO JUSTIFY IT!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Where was the public outrage when Saddam was killing millions of his own people?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was there, but Fox wasn't covering it then, so all the "bring it on" team were blissfully unaware.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did the U.N. step in to stop this slaughter? No!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errr. Yes, actually. But the USA has a spoil vote at the Security Council which they use all too often to ensure that any action taken fits their own agenda - which (thanks for the U.S. political system being in the pocket of large corps) usually means "allow it if our arms manufacturers get to sell someone weapons".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's easy for other countries to criticize the U.S. for taking a stand while they sit idly by watching the atrocities.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many atrocities done at the hands of a dictator who is or has been supported (openly or covertly) by the USA. Why should WE clean up YOUR mistakes?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Drewbert, when you and your country are perfect, then and only then are you qualified to make such statements.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me? Where, oh where, did I claim "my country" was perfect? What is this anyway? "he without sin shall cast the first stone'?

It's all so easy to refuse to listen to critisism by playing out that old line. The Democrats aren't perfect. The Republicans aren't perfect. So you say they shouldn't criticise each other? Bizarre!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The Middle East has been a very unstable region for a long time <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mainly due to western countries thinking they know what's best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and trying to make it more stable has not been easy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More stable? Invading the birthplace of Islam with a bunch of Christians (with theior "commander in chief" calling it a CRUSADE is suppose to bring stability? Cough hack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The stability of that region is very important to much of the world, including us<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only reason it's important to you is because you need the oil. But invading Iraq to get rid of Saddam hasn't helped, has it? Saddam is in US custody, yet US soldiers are dying every day. Iraq was more stable BEFORE you invaded. I'd love to see you prove otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Therefore, WE chose to get involved while others do nothing and criticize.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yawn. You chose to get involved because you president LIED and CONTINUES TO LIE about all sorts of things.

One day soon, he's gonna make Nixon look like a great president.

But I know, it's hard for people who are proud of their country actually get patriotic enough to admit they've been duped like noone as been duped before.

One day, I hope, you get enough backbone to do it.

Look folks, this started off as a post about an amusing spoof story. However, it's in danger of degenerating into a political slanging match which we don't allow at ABW.

I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong here and goodness knows I certainly have my own opinions, but the concensus from board members is that political argument is counterproductive on a board like this so.. thread closed.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread